Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dreezy posted:

don't watch pre rect. don't tak about it either.

I wonder if they're gonna do a video about the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrSlam posted:

The only movie I've seen Forest Whitaker in was Battlefield Earth, so I don't think I have a very good perspective on his chops as an actor.

He was in Catch.44, but I think he only took the role because they let him do silly voices the entire time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ultrabindu posted:

Here have a trailer for another loving Wolverine movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

Am I crazy, or does that look really good?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gammatron 64 posted:

The lady in rogue one is a million times hotter than rei. She can touch my lightsaber anytime

Being hotter than Rei isn't very impressive, Asuka was always the hot one

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

I found the 4chan.

I found the Pepe

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Please don't post white supremacist propaganda.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FedEx Mercury posted:

Actually they live in Milwaukee so they've seen plenty.

Milwaukee is three quarters white. It's a lot whiter than the rest of the America

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

doctorfrog posted:

any of these movies any drat good?

Captain America was good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Cined hates it because it didn't teach everything they think about communism

I'd like to the times when they ruined the relatively sane and chill animation thread but I'm on a phone
But K waste and smg started crying when people actually tried to enagage with them and someone started talking about how persecuted smh and k waste are by unintellectuals and no one else's posts were worth reading.

I was trying to talk about Star Wars in CineD and those dudes wanted me to seriously engage with their theory that Star Wars is a parable about racism and slavery. Here's a summation of the posting in CineD experience

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

He is a racist caricature of black people.

But why? We know that George Lucas did everything on purpose, so why did he include a racist caricature as a major character in Star Wars?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

reignofevil posted:

What would be a 10

Nintendo removing the petting minigame from Fire Emblem

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

You ever think a Jedi used the force to daterape someone?

*waves hand*

Show me ur boobs

That's why they aren't allowed to love. A consensual relationship with a mind controller is impossible

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Light Gun Man posted:

so are there like jedi council employed hookers or do you have to use your blueballs as a method to channel the force? this seems like probably the number 1 reason to go darkside

They just force jerk themselves off all the time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LordArgh posted:

remember that disney mandated that anything that didn't happen in the movies i sn ot canon. to facilitate proper discourse itt, please do not refer to the extended universe or vidja in the future

No, canon includes all the new Marvel Star Wars comics, all of the novels published after a certain date, and that CGI cartoon show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now that they're done with Space Cop and the Plinkett review, we can expect new content at a faster rate, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rey moved stuff with her mind, which is not something Newtypes can do. Newtypes just have a sort of emotional telepathy and greatly enhanced spatial reasoning. No telekinesis.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gammatron 64 posted:

Rey is not the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker, but rather Amuro Ray.

That's impossible, Amuro Ray was a well-developed three dimensional character with an arc.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oohhboy posted:

Ahahahah, Newtypes start pulling BS that would make Jedi blush, George Lucas and PT good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the single time a Newtype is able to physically move something using Newtype powers, he dies in the process, it takes the collective will of dozens of people and a state of the art mobile suit to conduct that will, and it's regarded as basically a one-time miracle.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oohhboy posted:

Pretty sure he got mind raped by the other dying dude. Then there is ZZ Harman fight where it is straight up BS. Don't forget CCA. Newtype powers never should have escalated in the first place starting it's trek on going Dragon Ball Z with more and more powerful people with greater "Will", but enough about Anime, lets talk about chronic alcohol poisoning.

How could I forget CCA, I was talking about CCA

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space Camp fuckup posted:

what the hell is a newtype?

In the Japanese sci-fi franchise Gundam, a Newtype is a person with a form of mental telepathy and enhanced spatial reasoning abilities. While some characters theorize that Newtypes are the next stage of human evolution, a new type of humanity especially suited for living in space, their abilities make them top-notch giant robot pilots, so they're mostly just used for war

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oohhboy posted:

Why did you go do that GG?

Dude asked

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

doctorfrog posted:

creedence clearwater anime

CCA is short for Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gammatron 64 posted:

Gundam is basically Star Wars if Star Wars was very cynical about humanity and went into the whole "war is hell" thing.

What I'm saying is that Star Wars is basically a live action anime

Another difference is that some of the Gundam "Expanded Universe" is not terrible.

Hell, some of the Gundam expanded universe is better than Star Wars

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JB50 posted:

No, because they're not gross weirdos.

Yeah can we please get back to talking about not disgusting things, like anime?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrSlam posted:

I keep telling myself I'm going to stop watching franchise movies out of protest but I'm just like everyone else and end up going back to the ones that sound interesting. Is Marvel's brand of magic all blood rituals and symbols and mythology like Sandman? Or is it all energy blasts and swish-and-flick type Harry Potter stuff?

What would you be protesting?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baronjutter posted:

Also Star Burns and Frankie Dart were both about the same age, late 40's-50ish. Britta and Annie were the exact same age too. Madness.

I listened to Dan Harmon's podcast and it turns out that Starburns IRL is a huge racist and gross pervert.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The actor who played Starburns got his start in showbiz as part of a two-man show with Andy Dick. They did classic Vaudeville routines, but the twist was instead of faking hitting each other, they would actually hit each other as hard as they could.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BexGu posted:

What episode of Dan Harmon's podcast was that?

One of the ones with Andy Dick, I think

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

poisonpill posted:

Stop talking about marvel movies, tell me more about the real starburns.

At one point they mention that if you meet him real life withing five minutes of talking to him you'll be talking about your most deviant sexual fantasies and he somehow makes it feel completely natural and comfortable.

Also he says the n-word a lot

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

Sure, everybody watches movies for fun. That being said, superhero movies are so retarded and mind numbing there is absolutely no fun to be had there.

I disagree

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Molothecat posted:

have you considered self-harm? v exhilarating

People say that Marvel movies are "fun" must be children or morons. The only thing that can make me feel anything anymore is having dangerous sex with strange men without telling anyone where I'm going or who I'm meeting. That's what it take for me to feel alive, because I'm an adult.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dreezy posted:

I liked mike ampf

I just got that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

super sweet best pal posted:

How about a movie where the twist is the thing in the wall is just a raccoon or something but the mom has gone crazy by the time the kid finds out the truth and it ends in an attempted murder-suicide? Basically a Babadook scenario but with an ending more grounded in reality.

How was the ending of Babadook not grounded in reality?

Randarkman posted:

Gremlins is a great movie. You should watch it.

Speaking as someone who first watched Gremlins as an adult in the year 2016, it's OK.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JediTalentAgent posted:

To be honest, though, I've played some games with stealth elements that stealth elements didn't seem to do poo poo. Games that actively attempted to force you into stealth but no matter how many shadows you hid in, how many pillars you stayed behind or how slowly you walked, some rear end in a top hat 100 feet away will go, "WHAT'S THAT?! INTRUDER!!!! KILL THEM!"

So you're bad at stealth games?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

achillesforever6 posted:

I miss the days when Dreamworks would make good 2D animated films before they went full CGI nonsense

Their first movie was Antz. They did like three 2d movies

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rubellavator posted:

Why is witch being spelled with two vs. I am angry about this movie I hadn't heard of for writing it that way

That's how people used to do w

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish they still did Best of the Worst

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

They do. In a Patreon update that went out on the first they said they're editing a new BotW.

You're lying

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Get out of here, Stalker"

haha just a little video game humor for all us pre-rec fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everybody stop posting until new BotW comes out. I keep seing a bunch of unread posts and getting my hopes up

• Locked thread