Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Rich and Jack get really mad at Kojima because they say his games are tonally weird and don't make sense but they somehow like Marvel and DC comics I don't get those crazy kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Yes ok it's a Kojima universe so it's an autistic fever dream that talks about AI memes and hamburgers and poo poo but the series ends with a timeline of things that definitely, for sure happened.

Meanwhile on earth-234 prime the infinity jewels and black lanterns or whatever have time traveled or shifted dimensions and restarted the universe and made 4 supermen from the dead one I think???

Does this nullify the UN legislation they signed after all those kids died in an exploding playground???

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I was arguing that comics are dumber and make less sense than Kojima games.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

khwarezm posted:

What sky high standards to hold Kojima too.

Uh ok what standards should we be holding Mr. Kojima to? David Cage games and Telltale's Minecraft Story Mode?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

khwarezm posted:

How about actual quality movies since he spends so much time trying to imitate them? Seems more relevant than comics.

They're not. He makes goofy videogames. What quality movie is he imitating with intricate cardboard box combos or when Johnny Sasaki makes a wet poopy?

All I ever said was Jack and Rich get irritated at MGS storylines for not making sense and being all over the place while being fans of comic book storylines for reasons I don't understand. What do people read comic books for anyway? The gameplay?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

khwarezm posted:

Dude, come on. If you know anything about Kojima you'll know he absolutely loves movies and has been very open about that. The MGS series have made that influence obvious from the very beginning, MGS1 was probably the most 'cinematic' game ever released at the time and the main character was basically stolen, name and everything, from a John Carpenter movie. Since then his proclivity for trying to make a movie while making a game got worse and worse until we eventually got MGS4 and its hours of cutscenes.

Anyway, if you mention anything about comic books to Rich he will always talk about that spiderman story where Spidey makes a deal with the devil to get rid of his marriage (?!, I don't read comics) and that after that he realized that Comics are really stupid. I'm not quite seeing the hypocrisy.

Yes, my Dude, he likes movies and references them a lot in his goofy videogames about nanomachine AIs and the secret mech battles between clone children of the Cold War and their self-hypnotized henchmen.

He'll even have extended goofy codec conversations about the Godzilla movies!

But he has fun silly gameplay in his games, unlike Quantic Dream and Telltale, and his obtuse confusing storyline doesn't manage to be inconsequential gibberish like comic books.

Which makes the point: if you think comics are stupid, what are you reading them for??? The gameplay of turning the page and seeing the colors?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
If only we had listened to Konami and understood that Pachinko is the artform of the future.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Mike has become a senile alcoholic who screams at ring theories and that's ok.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Luke and Rey will be training on the Jedi Planet with lots of unresolved sexual tension that explodes into a torrid affair that's part Last Tango in Paris part 9 1/2 Weeks. Luke will make those little just-add-water rolls using sweat from Rey's taut little tumtum and then eat them up very seductively and have a bunch of crumbs and poo poo in his bushy beard while he makes out with her and cums.

There Mike there's your sex in Star Wars.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Rey is a bad character and a Mary Sue but it's fine it'll probably be fine.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Power Fantasy characters aren't Mary Sues.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Rey is a Mary Sue.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Rey never learned to work with a team her faults were not listening to people telling her how awesome she is and that one time she couldn't close a door right that's it.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Wait does she actually have downs I just thought she looked a little weird.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I watched The OA and I was impressed with how stupid and silly and up its own rear end it was. By the big climactic ending I was laughing. I was laughing so hard I saw stars. I am the fifth movement.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Does the OA stand for anything?

It stands for two things and they are both really really stupid.

Like you'll figure out what it stands for and say "that is the dumbest thing it could have been" and then you'll hear what it also means and say "oh nevermind that tied"

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Will the next Suicide Squad finally confirm the DC/Apocalypto shared universe?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I thought Arcturians were just weird humans from a colony near Arcturus and he meant it was like loving Thai ladyboys.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

JB50 posted:

Speaking of comic book movies did anybody see this pile of poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ

Top comment:

SuprEMe2 hours ago
Nice fan made trailer

Ok what's going on does Scott Buck give the meanest blowjobs imaginable or something how does he keep getting work?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Yeah I saw Wonder Woman a couple days ago and it loving sucked, what gives? It was on par with that dumb rear end Whedon script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Did she died?

• Locked thread