Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I might check out Doctor Strange. I begrudgingly see marvel movies and end up enjoying them so gently caress it why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I like and agree with a lot of RLM's various movie opinions but I think they're a bit weird about "racial pandering" or what ever when ever a non-white person is ever in any of the nerd poo poo they like.

I get the point that they're trying to say that the industry is pandering to minorities for money but they say it in the worst ways possible more often than not.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

I got what they were saying and didn't think any more of it because I don't try to find racism or anything problematic in what people say, I just take it at face value.

Shut up white man

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Paladinus posted:

I googled it, and it's US numbers, lol.

Here's worldwide:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2016&p=.htm

:lol:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Zzulu posted:

this is racist!!!!!!!

It's a well known fact you can't be racist against white people :colbert:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Anyone who doesn't understand Stranger things was Pretty good is dumb as poo poo. This goes for both sides, especially the this was amazing side

Jaded side get it together holy poo poo

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The only real complaint I had about the movie was how much it felt like all the other marvel movies. NO Mcguffin though so that was good and the villian made sense and yeah it was great to look at.

Go watch it it's pretty good I don't know how anyone can actively dislike this movie

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The effects are legit the one good thing in DS. if I was stoned as gently caress I might have enjoyed it. It has very cool 2001/Inception/ Enter the Void stuff going on.
The first trip scene was cool. Everything leading up to it bored me but once that happened I sat up for a while.

I dunno what to cut though from the beginning. It established a lot at least.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

FrensaGeran posted:

I'm just glad Marvel didn't challenge my western sensibilities by casting Asian actors for a movie set predominantly in Asia.

Except for tubby comic relief Asian. Haha, so fat, so funny.

I only saw the movie because Tilda Swindon was in it sooo..... I mean I get it?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Schweinhund posted:

I can't experience joy but I'm a good judge of what would or wouldn't have elicited joy from me if it were humanly possible for that to happen. And I can confidently say that the last good comic book movie was Batman(1989).

Lol gently caress you

Road to Perdition I win

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

When you enter a new tax bracket all of your taxable income is not in that bracket.

Why the gently caress is everyone so ignorant of taxes? Anyway that movie received huge tax breaks possibly to the point that the government paid them to make that movie, but it had nothing to do with what dumbass jack said.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

poisonpill posted:

You're confusing two tax schemes here. A movie that loses a ton of money offsets the taxes that a studio would have to pay on movies that make money (this is the first tax scheme). This was a lot easier to do in the 80s, before some of the loopholes were closed. Basically you'd have a bunch of dentists or other guys with a lot of taxable income who would make a movie that is paid for mostly through tax credits from Germany or Canada (which is the second tax scheme), and that movie would lose a ton of "money" for its investors, who could then subtract the amount they "invested" into the movie from their real incomes when it came time to pay their income tax.

You're still paying 10 to lose 8 to get back 6 from the gov so you still lose money. It's not the producers.

Zahgaegun posted:

Don't be like that kid on Ooga Booga that was all "I can't believe you don't know about trains!"

Lol fair and well put sir

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

hahahaha Holy poo poo why are you guys ringing the bigotry bell so loving hard it's baffling to me. Like I don't understand the part where you don't go "huh wow that's lovely" but instead talk about WW2? What the gently caress what the loving fuuuck.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

You do understand nobody likes white dudes for a good reason right?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol what? Everybody likes white dudes. White dudes are super popular.

You totally sound like a white dude.

No white dudes like other white dudes which goes pretty loving far so it only seems like everyone likes white dudes.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

HIJK posted:

Don't you meditate for stuff like this?

Meditation allows me to know the difference between a cognitive distortion and a joke.

But whooo knoowwwwsss which one this iisssssssSSsssSSs.

Also I wish more HITB would come out because there is a ton of horror/suspense films coming out and I'm really curious what holds up

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The Archaic posted:

Saw Logan last night, it was really good you guys. I say this an a die-hard MCU fan, it might be Marvel's best film to date.

SCCHHHLLOOCCKKK

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

DoctorStrangelove posted:

My dad really wants to see Get Out.

Doesn't seem like much of a dad flick,

Unless he wanted to vote for obama a third time

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

He's excited for a movie that makes fun of suburban white liberals.

It's still not that movie but FAIR that's fair sir.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The book itself is shorter to read than the movies take to watch and they're way better.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Tezzora posted:

the guest on "best of the worst" drew this

God drat lol

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I watched it i just don't loving remember it's like 100s of hours of material!!!

also over how many god drat years?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The night of was not very good.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I wonder how ScarJo will hold up in GITS. I don't think she's a particularly good actor and I never understood why people were clamouring for a Black Widow marvel movie, that character is boring as gently caress.
Her best film was Under the Skin but I think that was a combination of it being a loving excellent film and the fact that she had very little dialogue.

I can't remember the character in GITS at all, I saw it years ago but is the ScarJo character an android? Like will she act non-human? Cos she's not bad at that (I liked her in Her as a robot)

I would say she'll do pretty well actually considering how robotic her acting is.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

KakerMix posted:

goddamn this hurts to watch

because it's hilarious

"Did he take his balls out" and then Jack's laugh

Seriously what did Rich expect

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

A woman already directed a good comic book movie and it was called Punisher Warzone and it loving owned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

I loving LOVE that movie

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Minrad posted:

personally, E3 met and exceeded my expectations

Posted unironically

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Is Beavis and Butthead any good?

Yeah it's good.

Blade runner isn't. Though the set design, special effects and ideas are, but the movie is so painful to watch uhhhgggg

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Paladinus posted:

It's a good movie, you fucks. Sorry it's not like the book, I guess.

You're loving dumb if you think people argue over "good movies". Nobody argues over alien, nobody. Not a loving soul. It's because its' a good movie. This does not deserve alien treatment.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Check this out. Alien is not a good movie. Nice costumes, I guess, but the plot is stupid.

You're bad and dumb it turns out.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Probably the type of dumbass who doesn't understand what a simple plot is and goes oouuhuhhgggg my brain isn't confused by bad writing this movie sucks. I bet you didn't like Sicario or any kids movies or even something like halloween.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Honestly, everyone here needs to SHUT THE gently caress UP and go watch Baby Driver.

Baby Driver was cool and good and it was Edgar Write so i mean of course it was. I had a lot of fun would recommend!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

WAIT WHAT THE FLINTSTONES COMIC BOOK IS LEGIT A THING AND IT'S GOOD?!?!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really want a new Nerd Crew.

Sorry, you're stuck with us

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

Gotham has the most honest and accurate on-screen Batman in history.

Accurate batman fuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Shut up, Yug.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'm really b ummed out the dark tower is doing horribly, the first 3 books were loving great and good enough to build a into a better ending

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Blind Sally posted:

as a Canadian, I wish there were actual good Canadian war movies. I mean, are there any good Canadian war movies? i haven't seen Passchendale, though I heard it was only okay. a lot of the war movies from Canadian perspectives look like or are boring made-for-tv garbage.

(the only Canadian war movie I've seen is Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS, lol)

Somehow I can't imagine a movie with the white house getting burned down being a huge seller...

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Also again I think it's too late to make a movie in which heroic canadians trap beavers, then burn and rape indian people so yeah I still can't imagine this working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I bet you could make a pretty compelling tale of how you seceded from the brits.*

*Actually it would be boring because canadians did nothing

• Locked thread