Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Just make sure you know all the unwritten rules about interviews. Skills pertaining to the position at hand are optional, and potentially a negative should you start rambling about the actual job at hand instead of projecting how confident you are at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Even knowing just the basics of brazilian jiu jitsu can give you a real edge during the interview.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's an important interview because it's worth 4000 kronor extra to me in salary, which is like, several pizzas and kebabs more/month :catstare:

I really hope I get it

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Do what all the people I interview do and claim to be CEO or VP of some 3 man operation.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A firm handshake, a bright smile, make frequent eye contact, but make sure to convey a sense of comfort and ease at being there.

Make sure you swallow.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dont poo poo your pants

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Stuffguyman posted:

Just make sure you know all the unwritten rules about interviews. Skills pertaining to the position at hand are optional, and potentially a negative should you start rambling about the actual job at hand instead of projecting how confident you are at all times.

This is actually extremely true.

I have a six fig interview tomorrow and I plan on saying something like "Before we get started, I'd just like to give you an overview of what my previous position entailed." and then I will proceed to filibuster for thirty/sixy minutes. Just got a job offer contingent on a background check last week doing the same thing.

Or something. I don't know. I don't really think about these things too hard.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Contrary to everyone elses opinion on the planet, I love job interviews. I get to go meet a bunch of weirdos and spew words at them.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Pre-interview drug checklist:

- 30mg Adderall for faux enthusiasm.
- 1mg Xanax to tone it down a little.
- One toke of weed to tone it down a little more.
- One large coffee to tone it back up.
- 5mg Percocet because, well, Percocet is awesome.
- One dose of being born white and a man.

Edit:

Oh yeah, almost forgot

- A cup of clean urine for the inevitable drug test.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
having watched 'interview with the vampire,' my only advice is to fall in love with tom cruise

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I always do like Christian Bale in Hard Times and stick a thumb tack in my butt cheek or whatever, I don't really remember the plot, just Bale being like "Orale, putos!"

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Research which stupid frat/sorority your interviewer was in like lambda lambda lambda or whatever, and lie that you were in it too.

if you're in the UK like me, just talk about a popular local pub/curry joint near the uni campus where the interviewer graduated.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

lorn Wayne posted:

Research which stupid frat/sorority your interviewer was in like lambda lambda lambda or whatever, and lie that you were in it too.

if you're in the UK like me, just talk about a popular local pub/curry joint near the uni campus where the interviewer graduated.

Also talk about how many of those Kappa sluts you nerf-dogged while hanging wicked chads all over campus

I don't know if that means anything, but it'll work, trust me

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Bring your hardest pipe hittin niggas and have them stand behind you during the interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Try negging the company with backhanded compliments.

"Wow, your marketing team must do an amazing job, to be profitable with this product line"

• Locked thread