Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hmm yes, as a hilarious prank I will tell a victim of abuse/gaslighting that she is wrong about objective reality, this is a good thing to do and a good laugh will be had by all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for insisting my friend not basically have her tits on display all weekend at Stagecoach festival?

So as most of you know this weekend is Stagecoach in Indio. It’s a huge country music festival and is so much fun. I’ve had a miserable year and have basically been counting on this as a way to turn things around and get happy again.

I’m 32 and I came with some friends from work who are a bit younger than me. Last night we went to the shows and the youngest one basically wore the lowest cut top I’ve ever seen without a bra you could essentially see her entire boob and if she moved right her nipples popped out. I asked her if she knew that and she said “I’m trying to get back stage! Wooooo.” I told her that this isn’t Coachella and during certain shows there might be kids and families. She literally took another shot and ignored me.

I sent a group text out that maybe we needed to have a chat about what is and isn’t approriate for our group and said “having your tits on a platter just isn’t cool.” Apparently this offended most everyone because they ditched me and I had to walk to the show by myself. At the end of the night I caught up with them and they said I needed to steer clear of them for the whole weekend (we also had a minor argument on the drive up over gas money) and they would make sure I got back to Albuquerque but they didn’t want anything to do with me. So this really sucks. I do have a friend that is driving down from Vegas so I won’t be totally alone and I’m thinking about driving back with him and just flying home on Monday.

I honestly don’t think I did anything wrong but since the whole trip has broken down and I’m in an awkward Airbnb right now with people who aren’t speaking to me, am I the rear end in a top hat?

Hate to break it to you guy but just because a chick has her titties out doesn’t mean it’s a personal invitation to you or anyone else.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Hate to break it to you guy but just because a chick has her titties out doesn’t mean it’s a personal invitation to you or anyone else.

I feel like a woman wrote this.

Also I’m not sure where you are getting the personal invitation part from.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

OP is a woman.

I (32f) am at my sisters (26f) farm for the holidays. She won’t let me ride her horses because of my weight but I’m only 15lbs over her arbitrary “limit.” Should I just ride them anyways with my niece (6f) and say screw her?

quote:

So let me see how to begin. My family grew up on a ranch in New Mexico so I’ve been around horses my entire life. I know what I’m doing and I know what I’m talking about. I moved away to NYC and my sister bought a section of our ranch when it was sold and turned it into a hobby farm. I lost my job this November so I showed up on her doorstep with really no place to go and she’s such a b!tch it took some serious convincing to let me stay and actually, I don’t know, HELP a family member in need.

Well things have not gone well despite me bending over backwards to stay out of her way, but groceries, and what not. She and her husband are on this insane diet where they don’t eat any sugar what so ever so this has caused a problem because I love sweets and I have to keep them in my room and my sister about blew a gasket when I introduced her kids to the pure joy of chocolate milk and white chocolate mochas from Starbucks. She’s not letting her kids have a child hood and it drives me insane. Needless to say we have not gotten along for so many reasons, other ones include she is a massive neat freak and I just don’t want to waste my time cleaning grout or washing dishes multiple times a day. She need to chill and chill a lot.

I wanted to start riding the horses right away but my sister has this ridiculous “weight limit” for her horses that is unnecessary and arbitrary and honestly I think she’s just trying to take away some of my joy and mental recovery from losing my job. I’d planned on just riding the days away soul searching and trying to figure out my next move in life. Even with her stupid weight limit I’m only 15lbs over it so it’s not like I’m going to kill the horse or even hurt it and I’m an experienced rider and know exactly what I’m doing. In fact I think this is a lot of just jealousy because I was always much better at raising, showing and taking care of our family’s horses so I think making light of my weight gain is a way for her to stick the knife in, twist it and then break it off.

The thing is, my niece begs to go riding with me and she’s gotten so attached and I feel like my sister is robbing us of bonding time by not letting me ride the horses. I’m seriously thinking about just riding them anyways and my sisters stupid rules be damned.

Should I just ride the horses? I know what I’m doing, I know my sister is full of poo poo at best, trying to be hurtful at worst( and I want to just ignore her. Should I?

Tl;dr: sister won’t let me ride her horses because of her ridiculous and arbitrary “weight limit.” Should I just ignore her?

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 27, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I was expecting her to just be topless from that subject line. Is wearing a low-cut top with no bra at a warm-weather outdoor music festival even something anyone but that nerdlord cares about?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

ad090 posted:

AITA for grounding my daughter for a year for a punishment?

I’m not sure heavy punishment is going to do anything beyond push the daughter away. There needs to be a dialogue, and that should have started way earlier when the girl was beginning to develop into an adult. Like, the daughter should have already been warned of the dangers of boys, especially older ones, so she can try to make decisions on her own that won’t result in her being taken advantage of.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

OP is a woman.

I (32f) am at my sisters (26f) farm for the holidays. She won’t let me ride her horses because of my weight but I’m only 15lbs over her arbitrary “limit.” Should I just ride them anyways with my niece (6f) and say screw her?

poor freckles carried a wide load and died

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

How fat is too fat for a horse?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dazerbeams posted:

I’m not sure heavy punishment is going to do anything beyond push the daughter away. There needs to be a dialogue, and that should have started way earlier when the girl was beginning to develop into an adult. Like, the daughter should have already been warned of the dangers of boys, especially older ones, so she can try to make decisions on her own that won’t result in her being taken advantage of.

Be that as it may, once she's been caught messing with boys that are old enough for her to be off limits legally, and then she starts sneaking around to continue the relationship, is probably time for a shock and awe approach.

But they absolutely should be involving the cops and have him arrested if there is anything prosecutable. If not, extrajudicial forms of justice might be preferable to allowing your daughter to be raped by a creep.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

subpar anachronism posted:

How fat is too fat for a horse?

quote:

The average horse can carry up to approximately 30% of its body weight. Thus, a 1,000 pounds (450 kg) horse cannot carry more than 250 to 300 pounds (110 to 140 kg).

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The shock and awe should absolutely be all the true stories of girls getting kidnapped, raped, murdered, or sold into slavery. Not stopping her from experiencing life. Although when I studied abroad in Italy, the students all got a talk from a local cop about how every year a percentage of tourists ended up a victim of one of the above. Pretty grim but that’s the world we live in.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

As an parent, dishonesty and putting oneself in physical danger are what I reserve the harshest punishments for. A year is probably too extreme but they should absolutely punish the hell out of her for combining the two

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

OP is a woman.

Umm I think riding horses and living on a hobby farm is a pretty good childhood despite the lack of white mocha Frappuccinos.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

OP is a woman.

based on the rest of the post I'm going to guess she weighs 265

the "arbitrary" limit of the flexural strength of a horse spine lol

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I like the part where she showed up unannounced looking for housing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

also lol at imposing on your sister to save you from homelessness and then refusing to do any chores and calling her a bitch while feeding her daughter white chocolate mochas from starbucks

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

That fat woman has been doing everything to make it up to her sister for taking her in, including corrupting the children with sugar and planning on breaking the horses’ spines.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
They should move her out to the stables

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

I'm a man and would tell you the exact same loving thing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

YOU'RE NOT GIVING YOUR KIDS A REAL CHILDHOOD *gives bulletproof coffee to a 6 year-old*

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

of course they're punishing her. what is taking away her tv and allowance for a year and not letting her go on her previously earned trip to Italy if not punishment? those parts don't have anything to do with keeping her safe and away from a predator, the parents are just pissed that she went behind their backs and lied to them.

These are all desperate means to keep her away from him.
It's 2019. Yes, you can use a "smart" tv to contact him, the allowance money to go out (with him), etc. The trip is punishment, yes. But as a parent this all seems loving basic 101 first steps to try and keep her away from the creep.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bronze Fonz posted:

These are all desperate means to keep her away from him.
It's 2019. Yes, you can use a "smart" tv to contact him, the allowance money to go out (with him), etc. The trip is punishment, yes. But as a parent this all seems loving basic 101 first steps to try and keep her away from the creep.

A foolproof plan to keep your daughter away from a creep who lives in your hometown: go away on vacation and leave her behind, in the hometown where the creep lives

parenting 101 more like parenting lol

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Antivehicular posted:

Has anyone ever said "we need to talk" and had the topic be positive?

Also, lol, "I eat like a child when you're not around and it's cheaper, stop spending my frozen-burrito money on real food." :sever: and let his eating habits :murder: him

Plus he ate meals that were already in the freezer, so of course he didn't spend as much loving money!

:murder: and hide the body by making it into delicious meals.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum posted:

I hate whoever wrote these.

Yes, rear end in a top hat, it is not acceptable to eat and drink in church.

It is during Catholic mass

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

pretty much the only 2 good qualities of catholicism is that their spiritual traditions involve drinking wine and that the pope wears a cool hat

other christian denominations have neither of these things so they're just completely awful

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

I hate whoever wrote these.

Yes, rear end in a top hat, it is not acceptable to eat and drink in church.

If you read the whole post, he ate half of it in the parking lot, bagged it up when approaching the door, and tossed the bag in the first garbage can he found. The beginning of the post was written by his pissed off wife, and then he added an edit to explain things in a more neutral way.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I'm not sure about these parents but I would stay home from a vacation if my kid's punishment was missing a vacation. Especially given the circumstances.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I thought they just canceled the trip, if they're going and leaving her behind then yeah, that's loving dumb.
They're gonna be loving all over that house.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Also I’m not sure where you are getting the personal invitation part from.

“on a platter”

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

pretty much the only 2 good qualities of catholicism is that their spiritual traditions involve drinking wine and that the pope wears a cool hat

So that's 3 good qualities then, if you like loving children

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

therobit posted:

If you read the whole post, he ate half of it in the parking lot, bagged it up when approaching the door, and tossed the bag in the first garbage can he found. The beginning of the post was written by his pissed off wife, and then he added an edit to explain things in a more neutral way.

That doesn’t make it any better. He could have finished it on the drive or left it in the car. He won’t die because he didn’t get the rest of his croissantwich calories.
In his second example (not the church) he admits he was goofing around on his phone for the drive instead of eating.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ParserGirl posted:

That doesn’t make it any better. He could have finished it on the drive or left it in the car. He won’t die because he didn’t get the rest of his croissantwich calories.
In his second example (not the church) he admits he was goofing around on his phone for the drive instead of eating.

Except he didn't eat in the church at all, and just threw it away there, which is materially different than eating in the church.

And they got to the graduation an out and a half early, so I'm not sure how he really messed up there either. His wife sounds really uptight.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ParserGirl posted:

To be fair to this doofus, his wife didn't want him eating in the car.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

QuarkJets posted:

other christian denominations have neither of these things so they're just completely awful

I mean I'm a pretty big fan of shaking palm leaves at poo poo

Lol at the girl(?) up there slut-shaming her friend and acting as if anyone but her is offended by some nipples. What an idiot.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 28, 2019

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Bronze Fonz posted:

I'm a man and would tell you the exact same loving thing.

They mean they think a woman wrote the reddit post, which was indeed the case.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Scathach posted:

if someone is complaining about home cooked meals they're loving nuts.

There are a significant amount of people who think home cooked food is "disgusting" because they have destroyed their palates with over salted harshly "flavored" processed meals and fast food.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > /r/relationships: I showed up on her doorstep with really no place to go and she’s such a b!tch

Choice comments:

quote:

[–]BettyD2015

[score hidden] 34 minutes ago
If you have anorexia how the hell do you weigh too much to ride a horse???

permalink embedsave parentreportgive awardreply

quote:

[–]Jizzmoper

[S] [score hidden] 32 minutes ago
Lol because food intake has zero to do with weight. Science bro.

quote:

[–]sloretactician

26 points 3 months ago
I love how you sidestepped the whole employment thing.

quote:

[–]Jizzmoper

[S] -2 points 3 months ago
What employment thing? Trump has made it impossible to find real work with the help of his republican cronies, I have 200,000k in student loan debt, I can’t find a job that allows me to sit down, I can’t work retail or food service or warehouse because I have bad knees...what do you want me to do? Until the system changes, there’s not much I can do

quote:

[–]sloretactician

23 points 3 months ago
Hahahahahaha 200K in debt and you can’t find any loving jobs, you’re worthless

quote:

[–]Jizzmoper

[S] 1 point 3 months ago
Hmmmm somehow I was fine with Obama in office....hmmmm wonder who’s responsible? Hmmmmm

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Motronic posted:

There are a significant amount of people who think home cooked food is "disgusting" because they have destroyed their palates with over salted harshly "flavored" processed meals and fast food.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > /r/relationships: I showed up on her doorstep with really no place to go and she’s such a b!tch

Choice comments:

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh my god those comments.

It’s science bro!

I’m literally dying over here.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

From this I have learned that anorexia means "not eating for five minutes" and also that the law of thermodynamics is more of a suggestion.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Scathach posted:

From this I have learned that anorexia means "not eating for five minutes" and also that the law of thermodynamics is more of a suggestion.

It’s science bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Oh wow, there is an update in the post history:

(Update) I guess all the trolls who ripped me apart yesterday for commiting the mortal sin of wanting to ride horses will be happy to know my sister kicked me out and I'm basically homeless. Thanks Reddit! You rule! (self.relationship_advice)

submitted 4 months ago by Jizzmoperto /relationship_advice

58 commentssharesavehidereport[removed by moderators]nsfb

quote:

For those of you who give a poo poo, here's the original

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/aci4xo/i_32f_am_at_my_sisters_26f_farm_for_the_holidays/

So as you can see I stopped responding because about That time my sister and her lame rear end husband sat me down and said that I had to get a job or get out. They even lined up an interview for me at one of her husband's dads car dealerships being a service Runner. I instantly got furious with them because they know I have bad knees and can't be on my feet for any amount of time. I told him I wanted a job in management or management trainee since I need to make that much to pay off my student loan debt. He said some bullshit That thier company always promotes managers from within. I pretty much told him he's a liar and he can stick his runner job up his rear end. He took great offense to this and said it was time for me to go.

We got in a huge creaming match because the reality is this is my house too but he said he'd call the sheriff ro kick me out because I was acting agressive and scaring his kids. Which is bullshit because thier kids adore me. Bitch sister told me I had until 6 tl pack my poo poo. I said they had to help me because I can't be on my feet that long. They said no. I told them I had nowhere to go, they said they'd arrange it to stay with my parents in the lovely part of Albuquerque and even drive me there. I told them that they had to pay for an uber and my sisters husband then got physically abusive and threw $60 at me and said to not ever speak to him again.

I ended up just getting the uber and left all my stuff there and texted me sister to pack up my things and ups then to me. She told me she's not doing another loving thing for me and my stuff will be on tossed if I don't get it today. She then blocked me so I guess she threw everything away because she wanted to turn my old room into a room for my nephew which is bullshit because it's my room and he like sharing a room with his sister because he's into girl things (oh surprise this drives my hick brother in law crazy).

This whole situation is so hosed up and I'm sure I'll get downvotes but I don't care, at least I got to vent.