Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
re: NA girl/her dad

I get where that guy is coming from telling the dad, but it's still a pretty lovely thing to do. I don't doubt he had good intentions (hey, just thought you should know), but going into that program at a young age is a pretty hard thing in the first place. Am I an addict? Can I stay clean? What if someone finds out I have a problem? During the past five years I've seen celebrities, people I've known from before, people whos families I know etc in meetings, and honestly while most of their families more than likely already know, the last thing I'd ever do is "out" them like that. poo poo's rough enough to deal with at times anyway, maybe there's a good reason for not coming out with it? Though to be fair, dad seems like a cool dude and a supportive guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

LethalGeek posted:

Has anyone else met a straight edge who wasn't an insufferable twat?

Only if recovering addicts count. But really it's one of those things where the people living that lifestyle who aren't insufferable never enter your radar because they don't feel the need to get up in your face with it constantly.