Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Her kink is not okay and I'm with the boyfriend here.

Learning the meaningless social cues the bourgeoisie takes pride in is a waste of time and effort. :colbert:

I agree, but on the other hand you don't have to be extremely hostile with that woman and her friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

imo if your SO isn't interested in your hobbies it's poor form to try and force it. She has friends she can do her etiquette thing with so just keep it separate from home life.

Did you miss the part where the fiance was going along with the etiquette stuff? I can understand that he has grown tired of it, but it still doesn't excuse being a dick to the fiancee and her friends.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I am a [28 F] Jew and my best friend is a [29 F] Palestinian and we are fighting.Non-Romantic

It's a shame they don't share an apartment, I would totally have something for this.

They do

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Intruder posted:

That said, the etiquette stuff is loving stupid

:agreed:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Intruder posted:

The palestinian friend is just mad because the jewish girl has been slowly expanding which parts of the apartment are hers

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Am I (27/M) overreacting, or is my (?/F) Therapist's behaviour actually unprofessional?

this sounds like the first 20 minutes of a really lame Twilight Zone episode

sir this is your wife

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

blarzgh posted:

"She started screaming at me about how I completely misinterpret and aggrandize other people's behavior and communication!"

:eyepop:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Werong Bustope posted:

Me [25 F] with my SO [26 M] of three years, our relationship started with a crazy date that involved a friend of mine [25 F] who now thinks I "stole" the date and him from her.

This woman missed a trick by posting this story on Reddit instead of pitching it to James L Brooks

werent ross and monica siblings, though?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

Searched for "hail":

We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??Non-Romantic

This has an update:

[Update] We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??

Added very basic formatting

I hate the way this woman writes.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

OMG it looks like there was a second update where things got violent but it was deleted probably because of the one update rule

Goddammit Reddit

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

[KY] Can I take legal action against my mother?

quote:

Well who's to say I won't be part of the 1.1%?

:allears:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Farg posted:

My [20/F] brother [16/m] is going through a very obnoxious phase.

A E S T H E T H I C S

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

lol aqua-friends own.

waterboarding is a bit hosed up though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I'm willing to say the poster is exaggerating, they poured water over his uncovered face, unless they had a ton of water, he was probably fine.

"Waterboarding" is way more involved than just "pour water on person."

Fair enough, it most likely was just a glass of water or something like that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Intruder posted:

I feel like the joke is on me since I just assumed the whole thing is made up and fake

I want poseidon friends to be real, ok?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Concurred posted:

/r/relationships: the only way to fight vaporwave is with something called oceangrunge

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Why are you people getting stories from AITA?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

didnt know gandalf was jesus

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ad090 posted:

AITA for not stopping my band's show because my girlfriend got caught in the moshpit?

:sever:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my sister she deserved to get fired because she spent all her time at work on Instagram?

Yes, you are but your sister did deserve it.

btw mods please rename me to corporate boot locker tia

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 2, 2020

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Licarn posted:

WIBTA if I refuse to let a person fully join our coven.

not turning people down from your "secret" club is how fight club happens

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA? I got mad because my sister bailed on my wedding. It's in 2 days and she's the Maid of Honour.

Bride and groom's family are huge assholes and they deserve each other.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Absolute filth

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for accidentally letting a group of girls run up a HUGE bar tab on NYE?

He is an rear end in a top hat and the girls are stupid for believing.

He should have thrown in a few hundred to help, because it was his own drat fault.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 3, 2020

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think the worst part is that Dad is a Fed that knows his son is on a watch list but still stood up to him.

:sever: all ties imo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

WIBTA if I kept the vibrator I bought for my gf and I at my place?

but you are already are the rear end in a top hat

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

My fiancé is threatening to divorce me in the future if he sees videos of me as a bridesmaid next to another man

Your fiancé seems to be a very controlling person. Maybe he has other good qualities that make you want to stay with him and this is a one-off thing. Wait, what's this post from op a few weeks ago...

My fiancé said some really hurtful and racist things to me and passed it off as banter

He's a real keeper

If the first post is not ghostwritten by the fiance she is having a hell of a panic attack or something on that second paragraph.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Licarn posted:

AITA for blocking my friend after she threw a pregnancy party for her cat, while inviting multiple pregnant people and people struggling to conceive?

This is pretty funny but it's a great way to end multiple friendships in one fell swoop.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

chemtrail huffer posted:

My [21F] boyfriend's [23M] relationship with his teddybear is making me uncomfortable

I think boyfriend is the grown up version of the kid from The Hole.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Walton Simons posted:

AITA for telling my "nephew" his ps4 was going to be destroyed to teach him a lesson?

They are not abusive parents all the time.

lol at this being her defense of them. Being abusive some of the time is still being abusive.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my friend that her “open relationship” is making her look dumb?

:sever:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lucrece posted:

AITAH for confronting my boyfriend's cheating ex?

congrats you're the crazy new girlfriend

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

My [18f] boyfriend [18m] wanted to open up our relationship now that we are at uni, but is now mad that I'm getting a lot more action than him

A tale as old as time

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

/r/relationships: I sent my mom a dick pic. Honestly. she wanted this.

/r/relationships: I sent my mom a dick pic. In Europe this is very normal.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

WIBTA for calling out my daughter-in-law on her 'chronic illnesses'?

oh sweetie

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for prohibiting my daughter from wearing an oversized t-shirt over extremely short shorts in public?

Gen ☓ moms hate vsco girls and their XL t-shirts!!

How did you dredge up a post from the 50s

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Licarn posted:

My [19M] mom started being more accepting towards my girlfriend [38F] after our daughter was born and I don’t know how to move forward

I thought the mom was 19 for a second there.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for the comment I made about women' experiences at my engineering company as a panelist at a recruiting event?

Nope! Hope you're looking for another job, though. I'd suggest hitting up that older PM lady first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Power Khan posted:

AITA for recording my friend’s girlfriend and then exposing her?
My best friend Andrew (23M) and I (23F) have been best friends for over 6 years. We did have a brief stint for a few months last year where we were FWB, but we always talked about how we were better off as best friends so it never turned into a relationship, and that’s exactly how we both wanted it.

Andrew recently started dating a new girl named Kelsey (22F). They’ve been together for about 3 months. Obviously Andrew did not hide anything and was honest with her about how we did have a pure FWB relationship at one point, but that we’re best friends and nothing more. I already know she didn’t like me before, but once learning about the FWB thing, it’s pretty clear that she hates me and doesn’t want me and Andrew to be friends at all.

Andrew and I had a conversation, and I told him that while Kelsey’s actions and hatred towards me is a bit extreme, that as a girl I do understand how it’s uncomfortable if your boyfriend’s had any kind of history with his close female friend and that out of respect for them both I’m going to draw some boundaries between us and that we probably need to change how we are as friends. Andrew disagreed and said we don’t need to change anything bc there’s nothing going on between us, and as a solution told me that we should all three get lunch together so that hopefully Kelsey can see I’m not as bad as she thinks I am. I reluctantly agreed.

Fast forward to this lunch when Andrew goes to the bathroom. Kelsey took this as an opportunity to tell me that I need to back off and that she doesn’t want me in their lives and that she only came to this lunch to make Andrew happy. She accused me of having feelings for Andrew and trying to steal him from her, and said that if I told him about this conversation that she would deny it and then asked “who’s side do you think he’ll take anyways?”. Little did she know I recorded this whole conversation on my phone.

That was a month ago. I didn’t have plans to do anything with the recording and I ended up listening to her and backed off because I didn’t want to cause drama between them. Andrew messaged me yesterday telling me that he’s felt me being distant since that lunch, and said Kelsey had told him that I was rude/mean to her when he went to the bathroom. I got pissed that she lied and sent him the recording and told him to listen for himself.

Apparently he broke up with her, and Kelsey sent me an angry message today via FB telling me that I was such a homewrecker and an AH, that I was a creep for recording her in the first place, and some other choice things.

AITA for exposing the recording/recording in the first place?

Going by the title I was expecting op had posted her friend's GF's nudes.