Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For being upset that the girl I’ve been seeing let herself into my place and did my laundry and dishes?

I’ve been seeing a girl for just over a month and things have been really good! She is generally good with boundaries. Always asks if she can stay the night, etc.

Enter yesterday. It’s my mother’s 60th Birthday and I’ve spent the whole day setting up this party. It’s finally midnight and we are leaving the hall. I turn on Spotify and I get notified that I am listening on my Xbox. I live alone in a studio apartment and haven’t been home since 9am.

Turns out she decided to surprise me. Let herself in and did all my laundry and washed all my dishes.

I live in a studio apartment and have virtually no privacy and after the hellish day that was my mom’s birthday-I was just exhausted. That last thing I wanted was for her to come to my place unannounced and do my laundry.

AITA for being annoyed? She just said her peace and was upset I didn’t do a good job acknowledging how much work it was.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for the advice. I think part of the problem is she still lives with her parents and it isn’t as big of a deal to her. We talked. She cried but ultimately I’m not breaking up with her over this. Going forward she knows that I need my personal space and I’ll for sure be locking my door no matter what going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU