Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

feedmegin posted:

Is it the ch in 'loch' in the Scottish sense?

Its different.

It’s the same shape you make with your tongue when you day an “L” sound, but you make a fricative noise out the sides of your tongue. You should feel the air hitting your teeth on either side of the tongue rather than passing over the tip of your tongue, as the tip is held against the roof of your mouth like in a normal L sound. It is unvoiced fricative (like an S sound or th in “forth” but not th in “there”), so don’t actually “say” L while you do it, all the noise comes from the fricative.

In the Scottish loch ch sound you push the back of your tongue against the roof of your mouth.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
It’s actually properly called the “voiceless alveolar lateral fricative”

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

failing forward posted:

Some people are growers, not showers.

He also said it doesnt grow much.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

StrangersInTheNight posted:

it sounds like she did it unconsciously, stopped, put it away, and apologized as soon as she was asked - it didn't really warrant getting her thrown out in the last ten minutes

i'm assuming since she's using it to quit smoking, its just the flavoured e-juice poo poo. it seems like he was convinced she was vaping thc and wanting to be punitive about it.

No vaping is gross if you blow your robot dick smoke in my face expect me to raise hell.

gently caress this person.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my hotheaded dad that my teacher gave me detention for not wearing a bra?

I am a high school senior, I'm 18 but my school still treats me and a lot of the girls as children who have to be told to dress themselves... It's kind of gross to have teachers telling us what is too immodest to wear.

So I was in gym and my teacher said I was against dress code because he could see my bra strap. I was wearing a shirt that usually covered it but it came out over my shoulder because I was moving around.

Anyway he said that 2 more strikes and I'd have detention

A week later my bra strap slid onto my shoulder again and my teacher was like "that's your second strike" so after that I stopped wearing a bra to school. I don't really care if people judge, its nothing gross or unnatural I think

Which I got in trouble for at gym. My teacher gave me detention for my third strike. I looked through the school handbook and here's what it said::

1. Shorts or skirts must meet finger-tip length when arms are hung straight to the side.

2. Pants/shorts with rips/holes/mesh may not be worn.

3. Low slung pants may not reveal undergarments, shorts, or boxers.

4. Shirts that are low cut, midriff-baring, open-back, or see-through may not be worn. Camisoles or undergarments must not be visible.

5. Outdoor clothing such as hats, hoods, coats, and sunglasses, may not be worn

6. Clothing or accessories with messages suggesting drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex or any other image deemed suggestive, offensive or disruptive by Administration may not be worn.

7. Pajamas and/or slippers may not be worn

So yeah, nothing about needing a bra.

So I told my dad who has kind of a hot temper that my gym teacher gave me a detention for not wearing a bra, and that the school roles don't even say anything about needing to wear bras, and I was honestly kind of horrified that this guy was looking hard enough at my chest to see that I didn't have a bra on under a baggy black t shirt that covers everything

My dad was furious and he drove me to school the next morning and went into the principal's office and absolutely chewed him out. Saying that it wasn't right grown men were looking at his daughter's body like that, that it was disgusting that I was in trouble for my under garments that was nobody's business but my own. That he was pissed he had to explain to a grown rear end man what was wrong with this picture. That he wasn't gonna keep quiet about this, all the guys in his motorcycle club was gonna hear that this teacher was eyeing up their daughters, etc.

He was madddd, like screaming mad, and apparently a bunch of students in the hall heard the whole thing and it's caused some gossip.

I don't know what's gonna come off it next, I feel a little weird because my dad took it up to 11 and I usually don't care for his temper but it felt kind of justified then.

AITA for telling my dad about this?

good dadde

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

luxury handset posted:

hiding from your kids in the bathroom is a noble parenting tradition

but taking your phone into the bathroom is disgusting because nobody ever washes their phones and if he's clearly doing it to slack off then mac ban his rear end

Phones are FOR pooping, my dude. That is the intended use case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

QuarkJets posted:

It's actually super hosed up to enter someone's home without permission, especially during a time when you know they're going to be gone, hth

Show me on the doll where your friends sneaking into your apartment for a surprise birthday party hurt you.