Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this is a good put on the other shoes moment most men should do though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
despite the body count ive apparently left in my wake i think dudes are capable of being better

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pibur posted:

TIFU deepthroating myself in front of my new assistant

thats... something alright.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can confirm, I work for an Austrian company. occasionally you get some normal well adjusted folks and then there are the ones that expect you to stand up when they enter a room like some nobility

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
man some some solid st pete action up in a few of these stories :unsmith: the kids seem alright

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean i have always kept individual accounts as well as joint accounts, and hell nowadays its just easier to give ladyfrog one of the cards to my accounts but we also have similar splits and i dunno i really dont worry about it, everyone should have their own accounts but worrying about the details of spending when you can do it within your budgets and put money away is just dumb

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
at least it isnt tetris music?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

cumshitter posted:

The Tinkling of the Telltale Dong.

i like it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
stop talking sense immediately.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sorry if you dont enjoy catharsis friend

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for physically removing a tourist’s hands off an Ancient Greek statue?

As an art history major, one of the things that really makes my blood boil is when people touch statues when they are explicitly told not to do so and do not have the proper equipment needed to handle them. The main reason why you should never touch the statues (unless otherwise posted) is that the oil from hands actually wears down the material. When I was at the Louvre today, I saw this Chinese tourist grabbing an Ancient Greek statue dating from the Late Hellenistic era (c. 323-31 BCE) by the finger while her husband was trying to take a picture. Completely out of my instincts, I actually (gently) took the woman’s hands off the statue and very sternly told her not to touch the statues.

While that gallery was a loud madhouse, was I being an rear end in a top hat for taking the woman’s hand off the statue?

Edit: Thank you everyone for your responses! It was interesting and eye-opening to see a whole range of different opinions here. Since many took issue to the fact I made physical contact with the tourist, I will try to refrain from doing so in the future and talk to them first. However, my passion and drive to preserve art for future generations is still as strong as ever.

nta

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
in my culture its traditional to suplex folk that dont show respect for history friend

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
uhm.

on purpose?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
well i only had the one slave at the time

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wait, y'all dont play strip quickbooks?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i bathe in caustic chemicals to exfoliate.

:colbert:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
how old are these people?

ITS SLEEPYTIME LADY

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
just lol if you dont smell of natural musk, old spice and gun oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU