Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

empty sea posted:

My mid-30s co-worker told me once she's never had an orgasm and I'm pretty sure I stared at her with complete horror on my face. I don't even get it. I find it really easy to orgasm, but still...never once in 30+ years did this woman find anything to make her orgasm. Her husband cheats on her at least once a year and I'm sure it's because she hates sex, but then he married her knowing that so I think they both are kind of stupid.

She did buy him a sextoy at last year's dildo party so I'm leaning more towards he's an rear end in a top hat because she at least spent $50 trying to make his dick feel good. She'll tell me about how she'll do anal for his sake a few times a month, because she hates it less than normal sex.

I don't even know why people so incompatible married.
Maybe she was molested when she was young. If it gave her lovely feelings about her body and self worth,it wouldn't surprise me shes in a bad relationship. I bet there's kids involved too.

My wife's Co worker is in a marriage where she has to put out in order to get her husband to do any chores around the house. She has two kids and is waiting for them to move out to divorce him. In the meantime she has a lover she fucks on the weekends. Everybody needs a little berth el pup I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

boner confessor posted:

if you hate children why the gently caress would you go to disneyland

"bf scared of dogs, i got tickets to the dog show. advise?"

There are a TON of grown rear end adults that go to Disneyland without kids apparently (simply referred to as 'Disney' by affictionados). My friend and his wife are like this, they go all the time though they have kids now. They let us use their time share so my wife and I could go one year as a gift. My wife never went as a kid, so at least she could experience it for the first time.

Going as adults is fine, but it really is more about experiencing with kids. Given the fact that there are kids everywhere, acting in typical kid like ways (running around, yelling/crying, etc) going without kids just feels like going to an overpriced theme park. I feel like there are other theme parks that are more fun as just adults out there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Helsing posted:

When I first learned about r/childfree I assumed that most of the bitterness came from women who feel unfair social pressure to have children by the time they hit their mid to late 20s. When you actually read the r/childfree stories you start to realize that while this undoubtedly plays a role the real dynamic here is that most of these people are basically children themselves. They want to go to Disneyland, screenings of children's films, book launches for young adult fiction like Harry Potter, they want to eat at garbage fastfood places like McDonalds, etc. and yet they feel aggrieved when they have to interact with children in these venues and are even sometimes *gasp* expected to given children preferential treatment when it comes to activities designed for children.

It is a combination of simultaneously wanting all the social advantages of them getting to be like a child and all the privileges of being an adult.

The existence of children in their manchild spaces kind of shatters their naive assumption they can do both of these without problems. Overly competing with children makes them look incredibly immature, and their defensiveness and projection in regards to other adults makes it look like they don't even try to be adults about the whole thing.

It makes me wonder about their own childhoods. Were they so nostalgic for them they stay in that state? Or maybe they are developmentally delayed and never felt the confidence of fitting in as a 'real' adult when they were older?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I've never been to Disneyworld but do remember sitting in some overpriced BBQ place in magic Kingdom where there was what seemed like 300 kids running around with BBQ sauce glazed hands grabbing everything in reach, it was noisy from all the kids, and yet I kind of shrugged to myself and figured "what did I expect at a kids theme park?" The steakhouse in the Disney Resort hotel however didn't have any kids in it that evening and was the best filet mingion I've ever had. But the breakfast buffet the next morning was teeming with them, however that was expected.

The funny thing is in real life I've known far more people who love kids and being around them, just can't /won't have kids themselves for various reasons. Conversely the people I see most openly hostile to kids in public have kids themselves (and insist their own kids would NEVER dare do [thing] unlike those brats)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

well why not posted:

if you like rides but hate children, why not go to vegas, rather than a pilgramage to evil mouse mecca

These are the same people who think gambling/Vegas in general is a colossal waste of money.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Japanese people live a long time. Why is 25 considered over the hill for women?

I gotta wonder if theres more to it than just ageism. The older someone is, the more likely they are going to have a career, be independent, and hold their partner to a higher standard. This might weed out a ton of partners that seemed "good enough" in their twenties.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What is the deal with people whose partners suddenly do some kind of 180? Like for instance the ones that suddenly become religious, join a cult, become vegan, become obsessed with something to the detriment of their relationship, etc?

It makes more sense to me that a person starts out into something and ropes their partner into it. Having one partner suddenly change without any warning sounds more unusual than it seems to be. The person has a partner who isn't enmeshed in whatever subculture they're getting immersed, which I would assume would give some kind of passive pushback. All I can figure is that the person had warning signs they were prone to it but their partner ignored them the whole time. A lot of testimonials born again Christians give, for example talk about their life hitting rock bottom in some kind of way. Wouldn't the other partner know about that?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

1st AD posted:

People communicate/listen poorly and are oblivious.

So you think the changes in the other partner were more gradual than the poster lets on?

My own parents got divorced when I was young and my mom always emphasized what a shock it was for her to discover that my dad had cheated on her. As I got older and more cynical I started to press her about that fact because my dad is a very quiet guy and I had wondered if maybe he had been checked out of the marriage for a long time. He never gave me a straight answer either, his reasoning for cheating on my mom with his best friends pregnant wife was "I don't know."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If it's a throwaway acct then I'm assuming they changed the ages also.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It figures, she's only seventeen.

It's funny how much childfree people describe children as 'bratty'. I'm sure she's going to be a pretty insufferable older sibling.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bonster posted:

I wonder how many Childfree people are literally children themselves. That poster was 17, which seems about the right age to be absolutely certain that you know everything and have it all figured out. It's a little less obnoxious when it's coming from teenagers.

Agreed. At that age she might be jealous her little brother is getting all the attention.

I see a lot of childfree posters obsessed with animals and often they act like it's an either /or thing. I think some of them obsess and dote on animals because they try ti justify being 'responsible' for another living being, just not kids.

I think the other reason they prefer animals over people is that animals can't say no.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pvt.Scott posted:

What exactly do childfree spergs mean by bingo or being bingoed? Just that someone goes through a list of reasons why children aren't actually worse than Hitler, and/or that with age and maturity their opinions on the matter may change, like many people's do? In the context of the orgy childfree post, getting bingoed would seem like a good thing. Getting filled out like a scorecard is a laudable goal for a fete.

Theres some bingo card with squares like "you'll change your mind when you're older" or "you're just selfish". They think getting criticisms is some Abusive threat to their existence, like getting Triggered.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

54 40 or gently caress posted:

They mean being given the same criticisms for being childfree by those who aren't such as "who will take care of you" etc etc
I know someone who is asexual who talks about being bingoed all the time, she's like the childfree of a sexuality quite honestly.

How much of a gigantic overlap is there with childfree, atheist, and asexual?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

it's just nested smaller and smaller circles

Like a matryoshka doll of AUG?

fruit on the bottom posted:

Never owned a cat, huh?

Cats can't speak English. :colbert:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How hard would it have been for the bride to just play it off 'sorry I thought I added you on the list' and let her stay? Especially when given an event big enough you'll have no-shows anyway.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Groovelord Neato posted:

what is with all these dudes that turn down sex.

Not every guy is horny 100 percent of the time. It's kind of a sexist question, because people don't say "what's with all these ladies that turn down sex?" in the same context.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

underage at the vape shop posted:

Men can be not in the mood just like women aren't.

The problem is that he's selfish when they do and doesn't care about her.

Agreed. I also think for some guys, they tend to be more eager for sex if they have to put a lot of effort towards making their partner want to have sex at the time. Sometimes when people get married the availability of it can kill a lot of the excitement and anticipation, and they become progressively less motivated.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I find the stories involving younger Redditors to be pretty :3: because their problems tend to be so mundane.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DOMDOM posted:

How could that other guy think he can just sever from his wife and 4 kids by kicking them out of "his house?"

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they go in front of the judge.

People bluff. Many people are not legal eagles, and can get tricked into being in terrible situations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The one person I know with a trust fund uses every loophole she can to tap into it. For example, it will cover educational expenses so she counts daycare as 'educational' thus allowing her (already a SAHM) to have her young kids in daycare 8hrs a day so she can binge watch Dr. Who in peace.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Has anyone considered she might be very traditional in a sexist way and arbitrarily expect her boyfriend to be the primary breadwinner?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The Pissbitch Strikes Back

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Subjunctive posted:

Not all married couples share all finances.

I always found this kind of strange. Legally a married couples finances are comingled anyway and having each couple kick over their half of expenses for bills feels redundant. I have some in laws that are like this and it's a constant source of strife because even though each is supposed to contribute their 'half', the wife inevitably paid for 100% of their kids' expenses in addition to everything else.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It just seems like an extra step. Are there such significant trust issues that a couple can't have a joint account and pay for things together? It would seem so weird for me to need to ask my wife to spot me for some expense because I got cleaned out that month for whatever reason.

A lot of couples that have separate finances often explain it away by pointing out a big difference in income or money management. This just seems like a red flag, like the trust and power differential between each spouse is so great they need to draw a chalk line in the ground. At best, it's just redundant.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Sounds like a trust issue to me.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wasn't intended to be a pun but it works as one now that you mention it. And separate finances aren't going to protect you from getting financially screwed over if you're married; if your spouse gets high on bath salts and buys ten grand pianos then gets taken to collections they'll try and go after any common property (like a house). So just because the other spouse had their own checking account doesn't mean squat in that situation. As an example, my cousin and her ex husband had separate finances,which made it much easier for her ex husband to hide a drug habit that caused them to lose their condo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Scudworth posted:

Having split finances is the difference between "You spent X dollars on [bullshit]?!? Of OUR MONEY?!" vs "You spent X dollars on [bullshit]?!? Lol have fun ya idiot"

It's the end of that most common relationship bullshit argument forever. Combining finances is the craziest idea I can imagine.

Again, if you have a partner you can't even trust to make competent financial decisions without some arbitrary hedge to protect your money, then there are bigger potential problems that separate accounts can't fix.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Also I just can't imagine separate finances working for my marriage. My wife and I just make sure we've cleared it with each other before we spend any money. I'm sure there's plenty of other reasons for it but keeping separate accounts to protect yourself from one another sounds like there's no trust in that marriage.

Agreed.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Doesn't tantrum teenager know you can just exchange the game for the correct one? As a kid this happened to me a couple times ; got a second copy of starcraft instead of the broodwar expansion I asked for. No big deal, exchanged it for the correct thing and let me spend the difference at the game store.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Drunk Nerds posted:

But I want my wife to get things she wants as fast as possible, and she wants the same for me. Having joint accounts allows that to happen. If one of us has an off month, but the other made a lot, joint accounts prevent one person from not getting something they'd like while their SO just sits on extra money.

I always wonder what's going to happen when separate accounts couples have kids, which almost unilaterally result in one side taking off more work to do childcare

One parent (often mom) ends up being the one to spend her money on necessary kids stuff while the other spouse buys Titanfall 2 for himself. This is somewhat that happened to my sister in law.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The fact that my wife would never put up with any of this awful poo poo Redditors seem to accept is the reason she's a great person. People with self respect tend to be more pleasant to be around.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
She's probably intentionally vague to avoid risking a self own if the items make her look petty one way or another.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Has anyone checked legal advice or childfree lately? I feel the holidays are primo (I'm only on my phone so it's a big pain in the rear end)

:byodood: "Goddamn crotch fruit nephews are using their toy lightsabers ALL WRONG. And nobody let me demonstrate how 5th Form is properly done UGH!"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

tater_salad posted:

r/relationships 3.0 WTF is wrong with people

Shower shitters / I assume a waffle stomp also happened.
Adopters being removed from the family.. (hint don't invite the bios)
Thai cheaters
Gift haters
Kid daters
Bull preppers
Shower haters

the list goes on and on, makes me feel good bout myself.

Also people that own a Korean

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wife shouldve spent Xmas in the hospital on IV fluids instead of putting up with her manchild husband. My mom on two separate occasions got food poisoning so bad she had to spend a night in the hospital. No way is she going to soldier her way through Xmas eve while being that miserable.

Husband probably whines like a bitch when he gets so much as a sniffle too.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
When I was 19 my dad went and had 2 more kids with his second wife. I'm 22 years older than my youngest brother.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My [20M] best friend keeps rubbing his fingers on my [20M] couch and sniffing them and I don't know what to do.

I hope that one is up next.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My wife introduced me to Pandora and had logged into it when I downloaded it on my computer years ago. Later when I wanted to make my own profile I noticed she hadn't logged off so I noted the Mexican groups she liked and bought her some albums on CD through Amazon.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Mameluke posted:

Not from r/relationships but I thought this one was pretty good.

I got beat up 5 years ago, it was humiliating, especially cause it dispelled my mistique, i need advice

:byodood: It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I would've eaten a bunch of milk chocolates in front of the mom to prove I wasn't allergic,and to prove to others how psycho she is.