Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you can be against the democrats and Trump.

It’s not either or

Also, absolutely this. It's very possible to be against the Democratic party and Trump too. The fact that OP's girlfriend says she supports him is suspect enough, regardless of her actual views, stupidity, or outright ignorance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ulex minor posted:

'the permanent loss of you from my life will not effect me emotionally in any negative way' is not a statement you should be able to make to someone you actually love imo

My ex's mom died 4 months ago (while we were still together) and her death hosed me up hardcore and that wasn't even my partner or my own family member. I still think about her mom sometimes, who I knew for several years, and it hurts. Like, I get that everyone reacts to the immense tragedy and burden of death in wildly varying degrees, but being like "Eh, who cares?" for someone who you should probably feel strongly for on a deep level is messed up and likely indicative of relationship issues.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 1, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Uncle Enzo posted:

Oh yeah, I was loving another girl for the last month, and the only reason I haven't hosed her recently is because we were too busy with work, but I was totally going to end things with her next chance I got, yessir. By the way now that you bring it up want to be "exclusive"? Like in the sense I'll stop loving the other girl who I have been with for the entire duration of our relationship, and who I have almost certainly not told I had started dating someone else. I was totally going to though.

What a dirtbag. 6 weeks is way into the "assumed exclusive" zone unless you're completely upfront. I don't really know the exact amount of time you can be in a new relationship before needing to break off with a FWB, but it's certainly a lot less than 6 loving weeks. Like, I would imagine if you hit it off with somebody and you go out with them a couple times, they seem interested in you too, time to drop the FWB. Like as soon as you think there's a "relationship" at all, you gotta stop with the other partner.

Yeah, seriously. That dude's a gross shithead who wanted the easy sex with his FWB until the very last minute when his new girlfriend inevitably figured it out because most people aren't pathetically dumb scumbags like he is. Like, I get that sex is great and very awesome with a compatible partner... but it's the unspoken decent, ethical rule to stop sleeping with other people after a couple successful dates or so, let alone 6 loving weeks. The fact that he thought it was acceptable behavior for well over a month is horribly disgusting and borderline sociopathic.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for lying to my GF about working 6 days ( I work 5) so I can play videogames once per week?

While it sounds loving exhausting to date someone who wants a date every single day of the week and doesn't let you have time to yourself ever, uh, on the other hand, all of my sympathy went out the window when this weenie complains that his girlfriend wants to cuddle after sex. They're definitely incompatible for a whole host of reasons, but this dude is a loving loser. :rolleyes:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Knobb Manwich posted:

I joked before about obligatory adhd diagnosis but not being able to lie still with your gf post sex unless the tv was on is a pretty big clue. That constant restlessness.

Yeah, what's the point in snuggling up to my girlfriend after sex and feeling close and in-tune with the woman who I love when I could watch Rick & Morty or play Gears of War? Bazinga!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA because I called over an usher to silence a singing girl during Hamilton?

Don't bring your kids to a Broadway musical if they aren't going to be decent and respectful. A theatre production is not a concert and I'd be pissed if this happened to me at Hamilton too. Worse, people singing along can seriously distract the actors from playing their parts. That mom sucks hard for not setting proper expectations with her daughter. Hamilton is not a loving concert!!