Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

ikanreed posted:

So I'm not weirded out by the strange peer pressure. High school students are dumb.

But what's with the other guys not kissing? Is that even remotely normal?

Yeah this is what you get when you have kids learn about sex from BangBros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I [26M] found out my ex girlfriend [25F] is with another woman [27F] and they have a son [3M]. I think the child may be mine

quote:

My ex girlfriend Wendy and I dated for three years in college. Wendy and I broke up just after we graduated because of our choices in life. I wanted to move to New York to follow my career and Wendy wanted to stay in Ohio. So we decided to break up, before we did she informed me that she may be pregnant. We both decided it was best to get an abortion, seeing as how I was leaving in the next week.

So fast forward to last week, I had found a new job opportunity in Ohio and so I moved back to be close to my family. I met up with some old buddies from college. They were telling me about everyone. They mentioned Wendy who I have not spoken too her since she told me she got the abortion. I never saw any actual proof of this. I took her word for it. They told me she's lesbian now with another woman and they have a child.

They showed me pictures of Wendy's Facebook. Her profile picture is of her and her partner smiling in bed, with their son sleeping in between them. They showed me more pictures and he resembles me. He has my blonde hair and green eyes. The age match's up from when I saw her last. I have been not seen her in 4 years roughly, so the ages add up. Wendy has black hair and blue eyes, her partner is American Korean. Both of their Facebook and flooded with pictures of him.

Do I sound crazy or should I actually look into this. If so how? I also feel as if even if it is mine, I should just let them live their lives. I don't want to disrupt their family in anyway by getting lawyers involved. I just want to know if he's mine and maybe meet him.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

quote:

Me [21 M] with my Girlfriend [20 F] 2 years, Its was our anniversary last week, so we got each other presents. Her big present to me was lingerie, for herself. Am I right in feeling bad after getting pretty much nothing as a gift?

So we've been together for two years and exchanged gifts last night for our anniversary. She got me expensive lingerie, soap, and pajama pants. I bought her a nice sapphire necklace.

I have lots of pajama pants already and don't need another pair, combined with the fact that shes the one who always wears them. And a bar of soap.... I guess because the one I currently have at her place is running out. And the final gift being lingerie. Something I've told her before I don't care about. Something unneeded for our sex life, cause we have too much sex already. It feels like she bought it for herself and is trying to justify it by giving it to me as a gift.

So I am left feeling brushed aside this anniversary and that its been all about her. Is that a fair feeling? or do other guys actually like getting lingerie as a gift

This one has to be fake.

quote:

Me [30 M] look to propose to my 32 [F] GF of 2 years, how does getting engaged work?

ackground: Happily dating my girlfriend for 2 years now, looking to take the next step. We have discussed getting engaged sometime early next year. There is no element of surprise we have both acknowledged that we are looking forward to it.

Can someone give me a run down of the procedure? Are engagement rings the same as wedding rings? My understanding is that they aren't. Should I consult her during selection of engagement ring I will use for proposal? Will I ruin the surprize if I do? Is it customary to choose wedding rings together?

tl;dr: Want to propose to GF. How does picking out rings work?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Me [18 M] with my girlfriend [18 F] 3 months, is it weird for my girlfriend to snapchat non nude pics in the shower to guy friends?

quote:

Basically my girlfriend says she's really comfortable with her body and usually shows me it a lot. I trust her that she won't send anything like that to anyone else and she told me she won't, but she told me something odd.
She told me she does snapchat her guy friends when she's in the shower. She said she only shows her face, but that seems a little weird. Is that normal??

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

i (18f) am an addict in recovery. About a year ago I stole my grandmothers (54f) prized ring for drug money. I've wanted to tell her but she just got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has less than six months to live. Does she need to know the "real" me or do I carry this guilt alone forever?

quote:

i was raised by my mom (now 34f) and my grandma (54f) and got heavy into opiates and methamphetimines when I was 15 and had two very hard years.

Needless to say, we did not have a whole lot of money and my pretty much the only materiel thing my grandmother Ever loved was 1 karat diamond ring that her first husband bought for her. Well being a poo poo head and selfish addict I saw that she left it out one time and stole it and sold it for only enough pills to get hi for a few days. She was always convicted that she vacuumed it up and even now if it gets brought up she will get tears in her eyes, if not cry outright.

Well I'd always wanted to tell her because I felt like she should hate me instead of herself but I've just never found the guts to. She'd been having some health issues and went to the doctor and she has the worst kind of cancer possible, pancreatic. It has almost zero chance of her coming out of it and best case she has six months to live, but she could be gone in one or two months easily. I'm devastated because she sacrificed everything for me and I wasn't even myself to pay her back with kindness for two years, even when I wasn't an addict I was spoiled and rude and talked back to her but she always just loved me and forgave me...she's been my rock through recovery.

My question is this, in light of her diagnosis do I tell her about the ring?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Read down in the comments and you'll see that the issues started around the time they had kids. Communication is key, people.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

And now for something completely normal.

quote:

My [23] girlfriend [20] gained weight

Before the downvotes come, lemme just say that I loving love it, but she doesn't.

When I met her before we dated, she was thick. Coming back from college I guess she could be called chubby, but she's pretty close to an hourglass figure so I can't really tell. Anyways fast forward to now she went on a trip to europe, and has been eating and drinking a lot, all while complaining of weight gain.

In the past she was sensitive about her tummy, but I told her I thought it was sexy, but now I'm worried she's gonna be even more sensitive. We have amazing sex, and touch each other all over, but I always get the feeling she doesn't know she's the sexiest girl in the world to me. I'm fine if/when she loses the weight, but while it's there, I'd like to appreciate her wholly, as well as her do the same. I guess I'm wondering how to insipre confidence, and if anyone else has had a similar issue with body image in the bed.

Basically while she's still a bit softer I'm wondering how I can tell her that she's beautiful and have her believe me, but at the same time not objectify/annoy her with persistence

Tl;dr my gf is hot and I want her to know it

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

quote:

Me [33 M] and my live in gf [28/F] of 5 years are signing a new lease today...and I might bail

Hmmm ok. Well they aren't in their early 20s so I wonder what's really going on here.

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been together for five years, and we've lived together for three.

Ok. That's a pretty good amount of time to be together. Also around the time when people get comfortable in the relationship.

quote:

Today we're supposed to sign a two year lease on a new apartment, and long story short I'm getting cold feet. I just don't know if I want to "re-up".

Basically, we're stronger and more comfortable than we've ever been, and I care about her deeply, but the romance in our relationship has completely gone. We have sex once a month or sometimes less, usually out of obligation, and my physical attraction to her is nil, although I do think she's objectively very pretty. I'd wager she feels the same about me.I find myself having sexual fantasies of just about every woman I come across in my daily life, except for her.

hmmmm. This is usually where the polly or open relationship part enters the conversation.

quote:

It also doesn't help that she hasn't trimmed or shaved any part of her body (legs, armpits, downstairs) in months, and only showers once a week. The shaving thing is new, and according to her a feminist choice, whereas the lack of showering is out of sheer laziness. To her credit she doesn't smell, but the concept still icks me out.

:cry:

quote:

Regardless, she honestly feels like a sibling or very good friend that I live with at this point, and it's left me pretty frustrated. I don't want to throw away the best relationship I've ever had, but I don't want my dick to live in prison forever either. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this?

My guess is that she feels like he's more of a roommate too and the shaving thing is just her way of giving up.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 11, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Theokotos posted:

Jfc-I've dated some lovely people, and the only one who was legit abusive was also a picky eater, and even he didn't try to control what *I* ate. Adding that to my list of "huge red flags".

There was a thread in GWS years ago where someone asked for recipe ideas for her partner who was a picky eater. When he was served something he didn't like he'd pour hot sauce or add a poo poo ton of jalapenos to the dish and force is down. Later in the thread it came out that the guy was already in therapy for issues he experienced growing up and the goon was advised to go to E/N

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

My [27F] husband [35M] forgot our son [9 months old] at his work. Everyone is telling me I am overreacting

quote:

Yesterday my son was being watched by the MIL for a couple of hours. I had to help my sister move apartments after her divorce. My MIL was more than happy to look after him for a while. My husband was to pick him up and come home with him.

Somewhere along the way he decided to go to the bar he owns. He took our son out of the car and brought him inside. He was there a while dealing with orders or whatever. He then got in his car and left completely forgetting that he left our son in his office. The bartenders noticed and they called him right as he was about to pull into our driveway.

He left and came back. He walked in and said "You'll never believe it, I forgot shane at the bar" as if it's funny or something. He's right I did not want to believe that he would leave our son in a place where people get poo poo faced on the reg. I don't know what I want to do, I'm still deciding but he's not sleeping in the same bed as me.

People are telling me I am overreacting by considering leaving him. Am I? because I am leading towards leaving

And as always, the gold is in the comments

REDDIT USER: I think you're overacting. I get why your upset, but saying you want to leave him over it seems a little out there. Is this the only reason why you want to leave him, or is it a combination of things? Because of it's just because of this, then yes I believe your overacting. Yes what he did isn't great, but it does happen. Luckily it happened in a place where his coworkers are. I would voice your concern to him, and tell him to be more careful next time, and that you aren't impressed by it. Leaving him over it isn't the answer.

OP: There's no point "voicing my concerns to him" because he never loving listens

REDDIT USER: Overreacting. Leaving him over this? Get a grip, geez. Plus, "making him sleep on the couch"? If you don't want him to sleep next to you it means YOU are sleeping on the couch or in the guestroom.

OP: UYh, this is my house. I own it. He does not have a penny invested in this house. It's mine.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'd go to the place anyway. If she gets out of hand then complain to the manager or something. Either that or she'll just start to flirt of another of his friends or a co worker.

If he just flat out ignores her she'll just try more crazy things to get his attention.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

loquacius posted:

I think this was a gag on early seasons of South Park

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

loquacius posted:

Every first hookup I've ever had with a girlfriend happened when I asked them to come over and watch a movie

I lost my virginity by getting someone to come over and watch a movie

same

There are many movies that I've only seen the first and last 5 minutes of.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

My girlfriend's [25F] insane secrecy is starting to make me [26M] question the future of our relationship. Am I being overly paranoid?

quote:

We've been together for almost 2 years, and as you can probably imagine, things are starting to get pretty serious. Talks of moving in together, pretty serious "future talk", planning extended holidays with each others family, that sort of thing. Lately, though, I've been having second doubts about our relationship.

My girlfriend has always been a very secretive/private person. And when I say that, I don't mean that she just doesn't post on Facebook very often or talk about personal issues at work. I mean that for the first few months of our relationship, I didn't even know where she lived. She would insist on meeting at her friend's place (who was frequently out of town) because it was closer to where I lived. Weird, I know. Then, when I finally did see where she lived...not a single personal touch. No photos, no trinkets, nothing. It looked like some kind of migrant worker lived there. And she's never very forthcoming with personal details. Getting her to share about her past is like pulling teeth.

And maybe I was dumb to put up with all this. I know what everyone is probably thinking, I was a side piece, she's involved in illegal poo poo...whatever. But I liked her a lot and she seemed trustworthy enough, even with the sketchy lack of personal details. We had a lot of mutual friends who vouched for her not being a serial killer or drug kingpin, so it all seemed okay. I stuck with it, we kept dating, and we formed a really great relationship.
Then I met her family...and they're the same way. Wanna know what the first thing I noticed was? They have accents. All of them. My girlfriend does not. Oh yeah, she was born/raised in a foreign country until the age of 8. Never knew. I have no idea what her mother or father does for a living. If I ask, I get vague answers. Oh, he's in business. Oh, she's in marketing. Try to bond with her dad over the Thanksgiving football game? You're rooting for the Bears? Did you used to live in Chicago? "No." So why them? "I want to." It's just a little bizarre. That's how everything goes with them. What made you move to America? "Wanted to." How long have you lived in this town? "A while."

Lately, as our relationship gets more serious, it's starting to concern me. There is still so much I don't know about my girlfriend. I have no idea what her finances are. I can roughly guess how much she makes at her job, but she would never tell me. Half the time when she goes out I have no idea where she is. She tells me she's going to visit a family member 2 hours away and then calls me from somewhere a several hour plane ride away and says she's had a change of plans. She has exactly one friend that has known her for longer than 5 years, and he's just as tight-lipped about their childhood/past as she is.

Am I being dumb here? I really do love her. She's an amazing person and I love being around her. Is it stupid to get serious with someone who as secretive as she is? Or am I being overly paranoid?
tl;dr: my girlfriend is very secretive, and it's starting to make me concerned as we talk about building a real life together. Am I being overly paranoid or am I dumb to think this is all going to work out?

:tinfoil:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I [38M] just found out that the child I gave up for adoption 20 years ago is not mine, and he wants to be friends on Facebook. What to do?

quote:

When I was 17, the girl I was dating became pregnant. We did not want to have a child, so we prepared for adoption. We split up (not amicably) before the baby was born, but I was there at the birth, signed the birth certificate, adoption papers etc.

Time passes. For 17+ years, I believed I had a biological son out there somewhere. Although it was an open adoption, I did not keep ties (the mother did). One day, a couple years ago I got curious and looked him up on Facebook.

Turns out, the kid is clearly not mine. He is the spitting image of the guy that my high school girlfriend was dating right before me (the guy she dumped to be with me). Somehow, I was confused/stupid about the timelines and this kid is not mine. I won't show pictures, but I showed my wife and a few close friends and they all agreed - it's plain to see he is not of my line.

Today, he is requesting to be my friend on Facebook. As far as I know, he is still under the impression that I am his biological father. I am inclined to let him know that is not the case. However, his real biological father would have no way of knowing this, and I don't understand how his biological mother is not already aware (or perhaps she is deluding herself). I have not spoken to his biological mother or his real biological father for close to 20 years. What should I do?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

A stripper[20F] I met a few weeks ago is interested in me [23M] and gave me her number and asked to hang outside the club. How should I proceed?

quote:

About a month ago I went to a strip club in town because I was bored and really didn't have much to do. I've gone a few more times since then, and the other day I was there met this beautiful girl that I took for a few dances. Needless to say I spent a good chunk of time and money with her and I left a happy man.

I went back again a few days later and she was working, she saw me walk in, stopped talking to whoever she was talking to at that point, and sat down with me and had some good conversation. Took her for a few more dances, and she starting hooking up with me. Paid her about two songs worth but we were there for like an hour, and she didn't ask for me to pay up. Instead she gave me her real name and her number, added me on Facebook and instagram, and said that we should hang out outside the club like normal people.

Now I figured it was just work, maybe she's trying to make me a regular and to get me to come in more often, but our conversations started getting less flirty and sexual and more personal. She would tell me about her day, ask me for advice on small things like a close friend would, what I thought about this and that, like she really did want me to get to know her. It's been about two weeks since I was last in the club and if I wasnt the one starting the conversation, she was, and she's still throwing hints out that she wants to hang. I'm definitely interested, but I haven't forgotten the fact I'm talking to a stripper.

Should I just take the bait and take her out on a date? With the way our conversations been going and the kind of information she's trusting me with, I feel less skeptical that it's a stripper trying to make money, and more just a girl with a genuine interest in me.

lol

Can't wait for the update when he figures out he's like, the 5th guy she's stringing along.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 22, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

RE: Stripper guy

Notice that they've not hung out since. She's dropped hints and wanting to hang out but as soon as he says, "I'm free on Tuesday" she'll saying something like, "Oh I have to work. Why don't you come by and hang out?" which will result in him buying more dances.

Or she's just dtf and as soon as he treats her like girlfriend material she'll draw back.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

LOL if you're partner's loyalty and appreciation relies exclusively on gaming and not "That Deep D Drillin'" or "This Good-rear end Vaj"

ed: What is NB? No Boner? Because that makes sense

Non binary

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

/raisedbynarcissists and somehow directly related to /childfree

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

How and when should I [18F] start talking to my date [18M] about sex?

quote:

Tomorrow, I'm going on a date with a guy from my school. I've known him for a few years and only ever met up with him along with other people, but a few days ago I asked him out on a date and he said yes.
I find him emotionally and physically very attractive, and I know he thinks the same about me. But I don't know when to broach the topic of sex.

From what I've heard, he's never slept with a girl. He's quite reserved but very romantic, and I assume he wants to build a relationship before sleeping with someone, which I fully respect. My problem is that I've never been on a proper date. I've had a good amount of one night stands and FWBs, but in those situations, sex is the first and usually only topic. It's easy, we're attracted to each other, we sleep together.

But I've never had romantic dates leading up to sex. I have no idea how to talk to him about it or when to bring it up. I can't connect sex and emotions well. So I'm not sure how to find that turning point when it's okay to start being more seductive and physical.

I really don't want to gently caress things up with this guy. I mean, this guy gives me airplanes in my stomach. I want to give him the time he needs before we get intimate. But I don't want to wait too long either.
Any advice would be great :)

Also, I apologize for any errors in my English, I don't speak it all too often.

Tl;dr: going on a first date with a guy, I'm not sure at what point I can start talking to sex about him.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

No one changes in 9 years. Not at all.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

WampaLord posted:

What does she mean by "break up?"

Like, get divorced so he's not her brother in law any more or "break up" with the BIL by no longer letting him hand off his kids?

OP's comments in the thread:

quote:

My wife, I'm a man. She loves the kids because she barely see's them. Her brother naturally lives in a rich as gently caress part of the state which is a fair drive away. She's happy when she gets to see them.
I'm just not huge on kids.

quote:

She told me she's going to leave me anyway if we don't have kids soon, so may as well divorce.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen....Religion

quote:

Me [23M] with my WIFE [25 F] 1 year of marriage, very religious

Hi! I got married at 22, virgin, since we are both very religious. I loved her and we wanted to do missionary work together.

Recently, though, I don't recognize the voice in my own head.

Our sex life has been really frustrating. We haven't really had penetrative sex since she is very shy and incapable of relaxing.

She even tried seeing a doctor but she wouldn't even allow the doctor to see or touch her without crying.

I tell her it's ok and we try doing sort of a rubbing thing that she seems to enjoy and I kinda manage to enjoy too, but it's a little painful. And I've been growing very frustrated. Hands or oral stuff is completely off-limits for her because of how shy she is.

I struggled with pornography, so maybe my expectations are not adjusted. I don't know.

What kills me is that she changed so much after the wedding. She has always been a big girl, but she just quit exercising altogether, eating crap the whole day, playing video-games and not cleaning or cooking. I've been doing all that by myself, working more hours than she does.

And this frustration seems to manifest itself as this little voice that tells me to bail, that doubts my religious believes, that tells me to cheat on her, watch pornography... I hate myself for it.
I never treat her badly but I also don't confront her. I just keep playing nice and trying to make her happy.

But I am not happy myself...

I don't know what do do. Everybody I know is from church and talking to them would mean losing position, status and the opportunity to do the things we planned to do.
I'm lost.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

54 40 or gently caress posted:

My text tone is a Japanese kawaii girl saying cute stuff.

lmao

I HATE KIDS!!!

*6 months later in another thread*

"It is NOT pedophilia! The age of consent is 15!"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

LTR Strikes again!

Me [31 M]. My gf [30F] of 3 months ignored me at her surprise birthday party

quote:

Girlfriend ignored me at her surprise bday party and it is really bugging me.

A surprise birthday thrown by her coworkers I should add. They secretly invited me. On the 2 hour drive over there I was excited to see her reaction.

I guess the anticipation was building up too much because when I walked in to the bar her reaction wasn't what I expected. I would say it was lukewarm at best. She hugged me and smiled. But not much reaction after that.
Throughout the night she didn't interact with me much. A hello here and there. I was mostly sitting by myself or with a few of her coworkers trying to make conversation. When we'd go outside to smoke, she still didn't really even stand by me. Instead choosing to stand and smoke by her (male) colleagues. Hugging them and chatting. She even walked back into the bar without me.

I'm trying to be understanding here. I know it was her birthday so she had to go around and mingle. But something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. She was way different towards me last night than while we're together. Should also add that she's also a extrovert and I'm the introverted one in the relationship.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation in your relationship? How did you approach this? I hope this isn't a pattern.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 24, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

My roommate's [29M] girlfriend [2?f] told me [22F] to dry my clothes somewhere where my roommate can't see them, bc it makes him uncomfortable. Help?

quote:

've been living with my roommate Marco since January. We met on Craigslist and we're good friends/roommates, but not bffs. We hang out when we're both at home but are good with respecting each others space and bringing up household issues when the need arises.

Our apartment is loft-style, and has two floors. On the upper floor there's my room and the main bathroom/washer and dryer, downstairs there's Marco's room and the kitchen and living room. For as long as I've lived here, Marco and I have both used the railing on the upper floor to air dry our laundry. I usually only put things that shouldn't be machine dried (sweaters, cheap f21 poo poo, bras, etc) on the railing, and use the dryer for everything else. The clothes on the railing are usually left overnight and then put away in the morning.

Marco has been seeing this girl Tiffany for a few months now - I've only actually met her a handful of times, but from what I've seen he seems really happy with her.

Last night however, Marco and her came in when I was doing laundry, and I came downstairs to say hi. When I went back upstairs to put another load in, Tiffany followed me into the bathroom and shut the door. She then said "I didn't want to say anything about this, but it makes Marco really uncomfortable that you hang out your lingerie for all the world to see. It's really inappropriate and you should keep them in your room." I kind of awkwardly apologized (I know) and she left, and didn't say anything to me for the rest of the night.

Now that I've had time to reflect on what she said, I'm thinking that was super weird and inappropriate. Besides the fact that the only things drying when she came over were ratty sport bras and wool socks, she has no right to tell me where I can hang my clothes. No idea if Marco actually feels uncomfortable (he probably would've mentioned it outright, though he dries his boxers on the railing too so idk if he'd have a leg to stand on) but I don't know how to deal with this when I see Tiffany next. Do I just ignore her? Say "thanks, but I live here and I can dry my clothes wherever I like"? Bring this up to Marco? Please help.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Pvt.Scott posted:

What if the dog has all kinds of health and/or behavioral problems that OP isn't mentioning and the BF was doing the right thing at the behest of his GF's family?

Some people just can't let go man. It's a dog. Dogs are cool, I like my dog. Not going to give my dog dogchemo for dogcancer though.

Sure, I guess he could have just picked up his SO's pet and taken it to Dogschwitz for funzies, but you'd think he'd just kill it himself if he was going to do that.

E;FB

We got a dog when I was in 6th grade. He was a stray that showed up at my Dad's garage and just hung out for a few days. Dad felt sorry for him and brought him home and we nursed him back to health. The dog would literally try and kill anyone that wasn't me, or my parents. The dog was part Weimaraner and scared most people.

The summer right before 12th grade he got really bad. While I was at work Dad took the dog to the vet to be put down. I found out by reading a note on the fridge when I got home. I kinda get why he did it but I didn't speak to him for a few weeks after that.

EDIT: I just put my 11 year old sheppard down last winter. Poor guy had a neurological condition that made his hind end stop working. He couldn't stand, walk, or control his bowels. Meanwhile I had a friend whose dog is nearly 17, has dementia, mostly blind and deaf but she wants him to hang on until the end.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 26, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

How the gently caress can you hear someone whisper from 100 yards away? And what dog hates wide open spaces?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

wow. My Dad was like that. For a few weeks I disconnected my land line while we were getting ready to move. My Dad sent me the email complaining that he couldn't just reach out and talk to me when he wanted. He also called my mom (they've been divorced for years) and other family members to ask how much time I spent with them when I was in town (I live 8 hours away).

But then he'd do things like come all the way up for a visit (Southern Ontario) and obsesses over whatever college football game was on that weekend. One time in particular I offered to PVR the game for him so that we could have a nice dinner that my wife had been planning and cooking all day. One bite in the meal he winces and asks if he can eat while watching the game.

Well that's my r/raisedbynarcissists story.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Fullhouse posted:

that was cathartic as hell, wow

gently caress this woman

An update

quote:

EDIT: it is clear that I have some thinking to do. I appreciate those people who took the time out of their day to tell me the ways in which I was wrong. I am trying to view things through a neutral lens, rather than a defensive one. I took a walk with my dog and I feel a lot better. However, I really think that you as a community need to think about the culture you breed, here, because I've gotten at least one private message telling me that they hope I die today. I have also received at least one really positive, kind message.

I have made mistakes as a mother and as a person. I appreciate that you have all taken time out of your days to help me see it, even those of you who are not being the kindest. But especially, thank you to those who haven't been hurtful, rude, or outright abusive. I am going to work on being better.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I shower when I get up to help wake myself up and also take one a few hours after dinner.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Wife tall, so what?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

The whole story is pointless because who is right and who is wrong is a value judgement based on their personal dynamics.

Maybe she's one of those "how to adult???" folks who just never knows anything about anything despite being on this earth for 25 years. Those people are annoying and deservedly get brushed off sometimes. Maybe she's constantly hounding him for dumb poo poo she should be able to handle herself and he didn't want to deal with it right then.

I agree. The whole "There was lighting and then I smelled something on FIRE OH MY GOD!!"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

blackmet posted:

I was 8 when I figured it out.

This will so date me...got a original Nintendo Entertainment system for X-Mas that year. Noticed there was a Montgomery Ward's sticker on it.

My response..."Santa's not real...:smith:

COOL, I GOT A NINTENDO! :unsmith:"

So, I guess the kid should figure it out when they get something they really want.

For me is was seeing the Castle Grayskull playset in my parents closet. Dad looked shocked and said, "....sorry.." I didn't give a poo poo about Santa and I was more pissed that I had to wait a month.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

My (20F) SO (22M) hasn't been home in four days and has stopped contacting me

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for two and a half years now, and recently started living together (under very weird and stressful circumstances, but it's been nice nonetheless). Our relationship is fine for the most part; we've gotten past some real hard stuff, so now we're both in a place where we make a point to always communicate and work things out together. This is precisely why I'm so angry and confused right now.

Today is Saturday, and my bf has been gone since Tuesday. He popped in to visit me at work and told me he was going to hang with his friends a few towns over, he'd probably be home late, yadda yadda yadda. So in my mind, I'm saying "cool, I get all the covers tonight, gonna watch some porn, maybe bake cookies". I have no problem with my bf hanging with his friends, they're all great guys. So Tuesday night comes and goes, I wake up the next morning and he hasn't come back. He had texted me when I'd fallen asleep that he missed the bus back home, so normally he'd just catch the bus in the morning. But...he didn't. This is weird, but I had to go to work so I didn't have much time (or enough sleep) to think about it. Then Wednesday comes and goes. No contact from him at all. Thursday comes and I start to get weirded out. He's been somewhat inactive on social media and hasn't gotten in touch with me at all. So jokingly I ask if he got lost (via text), and he tells me he'll be back tomorrow (so Friday). Friday morning: I wake up for work and he's still not here. Now I'm just angry at this point. I messaged him something along the lines of "this isn't cool, you know i don't care if you go out but just let me know you're alright and don't give me bullshit" then immediately threw myself into my work all day. I hung out with some friends after work that night and got in pretty late myself and he STILL wasn't there. No reply to my text either (he read it though). Just nothing.

It's now Saturday morning. I'm pissed because I feel I'm being ignored and pandered to at the same time. I'm worried that something's wrong. I'm lonely already. I'm hurt because if something IS wrong, we should be able to talk about it and now there's just silence. I have no idea how to proceed or what this means, or if I'm overreacting. The idea of him cheating briefly crossed my mind (he has once in the past about a year ago and it's still something we're talking through), but I want to be fair and give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think I've given him any reason to avoid me; prior to Tuesday we were perfectly fine. I haven't reached out to him again since yesterday morning because I genuinely don't know how to articulate what I'm feeling without cursing him out or sounding like a token overbearing wife. Am I overreacting here? Am I under-reacting? What should I even do? I've kind of just been crying on and off and chain smoking in my bathroom and checking my phone constantly. I just want to know if something is wrong, and if not then wtf. Halp.

TL;DR: Long term live in BF went to hang with friends on Tuesday, hasn't come home since. Limited BS contact has become zero contact. Confused and sad, dunno where to go from here.

Those circumstances she mentions?

quote:

It's a huge can of worms that would've made this post into a 10 part series, but we live with my aunt. She's toxic as gently caress and a drinker, but poo poo went south with our parents (ugly divorce for mine, his moved across country and left him here) and she was the only person willing to take us both in. It's cheap rent and a roof until we save enough to move. Sometimes it's a strain on both of us, but we talk to each other about it and deal together.

Oh and

quote:

Physically he's fine (chain smokes like a drat chimney, but fine). Mentally, he's had pretty significant anxiety for most of his life, but even when he gets really bad he's never just...left.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I suspect most of the stuff in /r/chilldfree is more like thathappened.txt

Anyway...

Boyfriend (22) wants my (25F) in-game items, I said no. Now I am having second thoughts. Did I have a selfish moment? (Maybe other gamer couples can help lol)

quote:

Hello. Throwaway.

I (25F) met my boyfriend (22M) a year ago, we are great together and I love him. This is not anything serious. I was just hoping for some advice, on what to do with an argument we had yesterday.
We are both gamers, and have in the past 8 months or so played two games together. Almost every single day we would spend several hours playing.

Sometimes I take a break from my games, I leave all my achievements (gold, items) behind and if/when I decide to go back, I know my hard work will be there waiting for me.
I recently happened to lose interest in the games we played, and ended up taking a break.

Knowing I will most likely return at some point. I just left my accounts as they were. Didn't sell them, or give away stuff. I mean, those are memories, and things I worked very very hard for.
Now to the issue! He wants my items/gold, since he still plays He wanted to benefit from it, and help himself with the gold I earned and so on.

I told him that there was no chance of that happening. That it was stuff I spend countless of hours working for, and that I want it to be there when I return to the game.

The argument was yesterday, and now I feel a little silly and perhaps selfish. I love him, and I obviously don't want to make it seem like the game means more to me, than him.

I kinda wish he had never asked me to give up my work, even though I could probably achieve it again. On one side, I feel selfish. On another side I feel like I am entitled to not wanting to give away the things I worked for within the game.

Maybe you guys can shine a light and tell me what is right? I am open for the better. Maybe I am just having a selfish moment.
Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: Played game with boyfriend. I took a break from game. Boyfriend wants my items. I said no. Was that selfish of me?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Syncopated posted:

I [22f] am wondering if my boyfriend [26m] is trying to hint that he doesn't want handmade clothes from me anymore.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

/ChildFree reminds me of some post, either here or elsewhere, where some guy took his little girl to see a My Little Pony movie and had to leave because the theater was full of Bronies berating them.

I don't have any kids of my own but if I'm in an environment that is focused on or created for children, I get that they may a little hyped up.

Is it that hard to speak to another adult in a calm manner and say, "Excuse me, your child is kicking my seat and making me uncomfortable. Thank you" rather than giving a 4 year old the stink eye?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Dear women of Reddit. If your "vag" smells of onions, perhaps it's time to wash regularly or seek a medical professional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

just eat some onions and sick a clove of garlic up there.