Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

HardDisk posted:

What's up with friends/family of these people always saying it's an overreaction on their part?

Had a friend who said I should totally go on another date with someone who "used to" do heroin and talked about her AA meetings (and then did drugs in the bathroom).

When I said, "No thanks, but I'll giver you her number if she sounds good to you!" he backpedaled like crazy.

People don't give a poo poo when it doesn't directly effect them. Once it might possibly have an effect on their lives, they're suddenly all for taking care of the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Man, every time I begin to feel the slightest bit lonely, I just need to come back to this thread (or my memories lol) to remind me that people are garbage and relationships are, by and large, just one person exploiting another for some kind of gain. Thank you, thread, for keeping everything in perspective.

And everyone should always belittle men for physical inadequacies. It's inherently hilarious lol

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Really, her best response should have been "I'm sorry you're offended".

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Real men do not display emotions such as displeasure, sadness, or betrayal, because real men do not have emotions. If there is ever a pang of any kind of emotion, then he has lost himself and must repent by hanging sheet-rock around the engine he is building in his garage. If he fails in this task of stoic redemption, he must immediately purchase a cat and a cardigan sweater, and move to San Francisco.

Real men are impenetrable (like his girlfriend is because his dick is too small lol)

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

We also live in an age where some people think they should be able to scream racial expletives, that it's the height of comedy to do so, and that everyone who disagrees needs to "lighten up".

Yeah, if you're playing a game and your s/o playfully asks if you're being a lame nerd again, and you explode over it, then you need therapy. If you hang out with people who constantly dump on you and don't stop when it's clear you're not enjoying it, then it's time to ditch those people because they all suck.

Personal edit: I'm thinking of dropping a long-time friend for this very reason. It sucks but sometimes you have to cut people loose because they're just not as fun to be around as they think they are.