Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

What the actual gently caress

quote:

I have been friends with "Beth" since high school. She had always been weird, but not the crazy kind of weird. Like she was obsessed with anime and ran like those people from Naruto, you know with arms behind them. She is kind of socially awkward and doesn't have many friends. Beth comes from a rough house, her dad is an alcoholic and used to verbally abuse her and her mom. She finally moved out after her dad broke her mom's nose.

Anyway, I posted a message on Facebook asking for prayers/ good vibes for a really important test. After the test Beth and I were going to hangout at my house. About an hour before the test, I get a message from Beth saying her class was canceled and if she could go to my house now. I tell her sure and where we hide the key incase she forgot. I didn't think anything of it since we've done it before a few times.

When I get home Beth is watching TV and she ask me how my test was. I tell her I think I aced it and then start looking for my dog, Ace. I've had Ace for five years, he was a yorkish terrier. I always get him when I got home from class and thought it was weird he hadn't come running to me like he normally does when I get home.

As I'm looking for him, I ask Beth if she'd seen him and I'm afraid he's gotten out. Beth is silent for a moment, then says "I had to do it. The test meant so much to you." I ask her what she's talking about. "I had to sacrifice Ace for you to do well on the test." I kind of akwardly laugh, because like I said Beth is kind of weird. I tell her good joke and where's Ace. Beth then goes to great detail about some religion thing about how if I really wanted something, I needed to sacrifice something I really care about. At this point, I got a bit hysterical and told her that this joke wasn't funny. Then she handed me her phone and it was a picture of Ace, bloody and dead. His body was outside in a patch of dirt. It looked like she drew a circle in the dirt and put some candles around the body along with a bloody knife sticking out of his body. Naturally, I kicked Beth out of the house. I was sobbing and screaming. I told her never to talk to me again. She was calm and just told me I'd understand soon and that Ace's body was in a bag in the backyard and left.

I don't know what to do. I haven't told my parents yet. I just told them Ace is at a friend's house. Can I press charges? Who should I talk to about this? I feel like Beth needs professional help and I don't really want her to get locked away in jail.

My [F 19] friend [F 19] sacrificed my dog

The rest of the thread is people telling her to call the cops because what other loving reaction is there to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

loquacius posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I suspend a lot of disbelief for stuff like this but the story about a canine sacrifice might be a bridge too far

I'm inclined to agree, although this is some serious effort for a troll.