Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Kashuno posted:

this thread owns more than the last two already.

Let's see if we can fly it under the radar of pick and morondin29

quote:

I'm (29f) and my husband is (32m) we've been married for 8 yrs and have two kids. I don't want this post to be super long but it might be.
My husband has always had a drinking problem but I just never recognized it until recently, as I grew up in an alcoholic family. Hubby drinks all the time any chance he gets basically. If 2-3 days goes by he gets antsy without a drink.
Within the last two years he started going to strip clubs. I never had a problem with it at first and never wanted to be that controlling wife who says no. Lately it's getting very bad to where he's spending hundreds of dollars a night about 1-2xs a week. he's basically a regular there and everyone knows him and hugs and chats with him. He's in the technology field and says he has to do it for work. Says that the guys and upper management demand that that's where they go to linger and such. The issue is he even goes there on his own. I do understand with work and being in a higher position with higher ups there are times you have to make choices but he makes his A to go all the time.
We had many discussions about this and it hurts me terribly and he's married. He promises he won't do it again and does. Strip clubs are occasionally acceptable I guess but not a regular thing like the grocery store or Costco. He says he won't do it again but continues. It's gotten to the point where I'm disgusted and my self esteem has dropped and I feel I'm not good Enough.
We have regular talks about this and I trusted him but now I don't. I told him the next time he does it we're going to separate and he says he doesn't want that or to lose the kids and me.
He has admitted that he has a drinking and strip club problem but says rehab is expensive and I do agree but I'm lost and don't know what route to go anymore.
His friends told him he just wants to sleep with other women and that's how he doesn't by just looking at other women and having fantasies.
It's my first time posting here, sorry if I forgot something.
tl:dr 29f Husband 32m goes to strip clubs 1-2 times a week; says it's for work; drinks daily; married 8yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

spinst posted:

I just ate breakfast and now I'm very nauseous.

Thanks, thread.

Quit eating poo poo

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
day gay, so what

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Can y'all shut the gently caress up about drinking in the reddit r/relationships thread?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Admiral Ray posted:

Because it's an innocuous symbol, "high brow" white nationalists sometimes use it in pictures as a dog whistle. It's not so much an out and out signal as a result, unlike the Nazi salute, and so is mostly used to troll folks which makes determining a specific use harder to define as explicitly racist or just obstinate trickery.

There's a decent SPLC article on it.

This article is loving hilarious.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
The hand-wringing about the OK symbol is loving hilarious. Literally 4chan memed the whole concept into existence to clown on SJWs and then those SJWs leaped directly into the trap without any sense of irony. The fact that some white supremacists decided to latch onto it is irrelevant. Also just because somebody is right-wing doesn't mean they're necessarily white supremacist. Just because somebody has different viewpoints doesn't make them a nazi. You'd think with all the ridiculous hand-wringing about nazis these days that they're just lurking everywhere. The word has basically lost all meaning at this point because "nazi" has become basically a catch-all term for "person with differing views than mine" that just happens to also be a label for a vanishingly small percentage of the population with abhorrent, racist views. At this point I see more racial division being stoked by folks on the left than anywhere else.

Voter ID is a great example of this. People on the American political left will say that anyone who supports voter ID is racist, because black people are too dumb to locate the DMV and thus won't get to vote. Like what the gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Motronic posted:

That is certainly NOT the reasoning I've heard. Try "poor people, especially in cities, are unlikely to have state issued ID because they don't drive/own a car and few have any reason to haul their rear end out to a DMV to get a non-driver's ID, so requiring state ID is a barrier to voting. Barriers to voting are bad. The stated reason for needing this barrier (in person voter fraud) is statistically invalid."

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. You have to have an ID to do pretty much anything in life. Poor people have ID. It's really projecting to say that lower class folks don't have ID. If you're so poor that you can't get to the DMV, how exactly are you identifying yourself for government assistance?

Now in fairness I definitely think IDs should be free from the state. It's insane that any states charge any amount of money for ID, but that's a separate issue.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I'm not even here to discuss voter ID. I didn't mention it to derail the thread, I brought it up to draw attention to the point that literally just having differing views is enough to be labeled a nazi by folks on the American left, which some of you dutifully jumped in to help me underscore my point.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Straight White Shark posted:

You don't think that "maybe it would be a good thing if some of our people weren't able to participate in our democracy" isn't maybe a little bit fascist?

Wait, is it racist or facist?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
It's a lot easier to just skip understanding other's viewpoints and just group them into a category right?

Here's the thing; if you just shut off your brain and label somebody with an opposing viewpoint as a nazi, racist, fascist, whatever, you're just winning the battle for them. If you can't have a understanding of what makes up somebody's opposing views then you can never win against them in a debate. It's really easy to just call somebody a nazi and move on, and I'm sure it feels great, but it doesn't accomplish anything.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

You had a lot of good feedback that you should consider. You're not right.

edit: it was mostly polite and then you doubled down

My point was that just because someone has differing views doesn't make them a nazi.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

zakharov posted:

Oh my God go away already

I had and then Sweaty IT Nerd decided to stir the pot again.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Who is this dude and why are people constantly posting his tweets? He's not at all funny.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Wait what the gently caress that dude has a Patreon an is clearing over 2k a month from scrubs on the Internet. What the hell?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Many people would disagree and find him very humorous.

Haha ok

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Haifisch posted:

AITA for loving with this guy on the plane?

"I decided to pour salt on deep national wounds by making a passenger on my plane thing I was going to murder them all. AITA?"

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
"My bros and I were in Ireland on a pub crawl and we ordered car bombs while making explody noises and the bartender kicked us out. AWTA?"

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Grape posted:

Congrats on being racist.

Everyone I disagree with is a racist

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
What on Earth makes you idiots think Islam is a race?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

shovelbum posted:

The whole "only PEs can use the title 'engineer'" thing is some major loving :jerkbag: on the part of PEs

Agreed, I don't get why I'm not allowed to call myself a doctor either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

shovelbum posted:

The laws are sometimes written to where like the guy driving a train could be arrested

They aren't. In places where it's illegal to call yourself an engineer if you aren't a PE, they don't call themselves "train engineers."