Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

loquacius posted:

He explicitly mused about the irony of this in the confession :colbert:

Not that I believe it either of course

the tone and details like drug use, screaming, shooting in the air and attempting to pull trees from the ground scream "50ft ant" to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Nocheez posted:

If it's just the normal lyrics to One Winged Angel, I still remember that poo poo almost 20 years later. I was a teen when it came out, sue me.

yeah the original lyrics are a copy paste job from the carmina burana iirc
we're showing our age I guess

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

I think saying that "the man she fell in love with wasn't the real me" is kind of being dramatic about it, because you're the same person no matter what.

at the same time don't rule it out completely. his girlfriend will possibly see it in exactly those terms. even if she remains attracted to him, it will be a huge test of their relationship: future plans will have to be reevaluated, it could add tension to their relationship with friends and family, it could even change the way they act as a couple, including how they have sex. it's not wrong to worry

loquacius posted:

It doesn't sound like you want to get surgery or hormones at this point so there aren't any huge drastic changes that will affect her life. Talk to her about it, and don't get carried away or ahead of yourself w/r/t going all-in on trans all at once.

I agree, "it makes me feel better" is very different from "life is unbearable without it". many steps of medical transition are irreversible, don't do it unless your life is at stake

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

dropped the ball at "I am extremely intelligent" imo

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why would you want to steal something as lame as the pope's hat? At least have some ambition and steal something that's actually valuable like the crown jewels.

extremely powerful magic object