Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

This is every person in middle management ever. Just keep buying new lovely low end sports cars and pairs of oakleys every 6 months to a year and you'll stave off the creeping dread until you have a son/daughter you can put all your time and money into trying to form into a better version of yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Zzulu posted:

how do you inherit so much money that you don't even need to work anymore

were they fuckin oil magnates or something

Depends on where you live and what your expenses are like. I used to play DotA with a guy who's parents had died suddenly in very quick succession and once he sold all their assets and stuff he ended up with somewhere around a million dollars plus an investment portfolio and a rental house with a paid mortgage. He had few expenses and owned a house so he basically decided to set up a savings account and pay himself around 30 grand a year for the rest of his life and sell off stocks and things if he needed to pay for vacations or medical expenses. I mean, he also had gone to school for physical therapy or some bullshit so if he ever really wanted to he could pick up work here and there, but mostly he just smoked weed and played videogames.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Depending on what podcast goon did and how long it's been, the statute of limitations might have run out. it's worth checking, because if youre holding back on making money because of something you cant be charged for youre just loving your friends.

Or like, make up some reason why he can't go to said festival or whatever, send the other dudes and skype him in. This poo poo aint hard, that's how you know it's fake.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

loquacius posted:

I don't think whales eat people, sorry :shrug:

bitch they aint called killer whales because they do sick snowboard tricks

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pearnicious posted:

If this story is real and that's actually the primary reason for divorcing her....what a massive fuckwad this guy is.

Spoilers: it's not. A magic fuckin' spell wasn't the reason he was a lovely dad who's kids don't like him the second his divorce went through.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pearnicious posted:

I thought it was universally understood that "trickle down economics" is basically paying a rich person to piss on you from their balcony and calling it rain.

It works on a small scale and people have issues with realizing that in business and economics small scale examples almost never scale to large scale ones. If Steve is a former NFL player who owns a chain of car lots and his taxes go down enough and he's turning enough profit, he's probably not going to secret all that money away into an offshore investment firm, he's probably going to open another car lot in the next town of 45,000 people over and create more jobs etc. It doesn't work on the example of things like manufacturing because if you can already meet the demand of goods and already have people willingly paying you an amount of money for said good, why would you ever decrease your revenue by hiring more people or making more goods (requiring you to hire more people).

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

SniperWoreConverse posted:

In my second job I had in high school I found a case of really crazy incandescent bulbs. They were probably four or five times the size of normal bulbs, but with the same size socket, the glass was completely clear, and they were faceted, with no curved edges.

I never found out what they were supposed to be used for, but to this day I regret not stealing them

Cut glass bulbs, sometimes called Victorian Bulbs if you're old. They're used when people want an olde timey feel to their light fixtures. Usually for outdoor stuff or for lit chandeliers, sometimes for fancy sconces, lights built into porches and hot tubs or driveway lights.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I knew someone who's brother was once given a Fry Daddy and two Fry Baby's for christmas one year when he was like ~17. This was the turning point in his life where he decided to work out and stop being a fat slob and now he's in super good shape and is successful.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

value-brand cereal posted:

Phones can't photograph hallucinations generated in the mind :v:

Teens to mid 20's is where the vast majority of people suffering from Schizophrenia and other similar disorders involving hallucinations see the appearance of initial symptoms.

Kim Jong ill posted:

Yeah nah. You'll find at least a couple of who people pull their phones out and start filming in the middle of poo poo like terrorist attacks, where there is a significant "what the gently caress" factor, along with very real danger to their lives. It's pretty simple why people don't film stdh.txt, it's because it didn't happen.

One of the things about disorders and conditions that include psychosis is that they are always accompanied by an almost unreal sense of "reality". Your brain becomes so certain that the thing you are experiencing is real that you often subconsciously avoid things that people would do in situations "normal" people perceive as being or feeling unreal because the thing you're witnessing feels and appears extremely extant to you.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

purple death ray posted:

If there's a guy at an Arby's who everyone calls Scooter I expect to be able to buy weed off him

Or for him to be super nerdy about a non-nerd hobby. Like the kind of guy who can tell you all the RBI for the entire Atlanta Braves going back to the 70's or something.