Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
This summer was jam-packed with extrajudicial police killings and we here in GBS had nearly gotten to the bottom of this whole mess when the forum disappeared. US police have very rudely disrespected our time of personal development by shooting and killing some more folks when we couldn't weigh in. Nevertheless, I feel like this conversation on police brutality is not complete until GBS provides its own unique insight into the matter so I've created this handy thread that you can click on any time you find yourself wondering if today's police killing was a "good shoot" or not.

Most recently, in Charlotte, a black man was shot and killed by police, sparking more protests. Police eventually released dashcam and body camera footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXe3zAANry4

Yesterday near San Diego another man was behaving erratically while black, which was quite the oopsie on his part. It didn't end well for him and he ended up dead. I'm not aware of any police footage confirming the man's erratic nature as of yet.

So, do you think there's a problem with regards to police brutality? Or are people just blowing this whole thing out of proportion?

Does BLM have a message worth listening to or is it just a poo poo?

Should we cut back on public school funding to provide our nation's heroes with XK-910 exosuits to ensure their protection while protecting us?

Feel free to weigh in on these questions, or ask your own, or just post the best fatal police encounters here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I just pooped at work.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This all started with Christopher Dorner. One of their own.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
The police have guns what else are they suppose to do with them?????:confused:?????

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Maybe cops should be required to keep the guns locked in their trunk and not dangling from their waists. If we're going to hero-worship cops then they should be expected to actually face occasional danger in the line of duty.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
this just in a baker just rolled some dough!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Smash it Smash hit posted:

The police have guns what else are they suppose to do with them?????:confused:?????

It's silly to spend all that money arming the police for them not to unload a clip every once in a while.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Give the police grenades and shortguns and science fiction laser weapons. Bascially make being a policeman like Gordon Freeman but with more bitter resentment of minorities

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I think police should be like British cops and not have guns. Whenever someone pulls a gun on them they should just say "roight!" and beat them with a stick

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
*is an heavily armed gang with the monopoly on violence*
:getin:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

*is an heavily armed gang with the monopoly on violence*
:getin:
It this when you beat people up and take $60 in rent every time they come to your neighborhood?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FactsAreUseless posted:

It this when you beat people up and take $60 in rent every time they come to your neighborhood?

Imagine the Lolipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz but they have guns instead of lollipops

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Imagine the Lolipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz but they have guns instead of lollipops
"Don't have the money? Looks like you've..."

*pulls back hammer*

"Come up a little short."

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hammerite posted:

Give the police grenades and shortguns and science fiction laser weapons. Bascially make being a policeman like Gordon Freeman but with more bitter resentment of minorities

one obvious downside of this is all audio in police camera footage of minority encounters will be drowned out by the sound of charging tau cannons

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
every cop gets 1 bullet a month. just one. that way they'll have to really think twice about which unarmed black man to shoot

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

CharlestonJew posted:

every cop gets 1 bullet a month. just one. that way they'll have to really think twice about which unarmed black man to shoot

Hm i like this idea but maybe its cummulative so like a year into the job you finally can kill your first black guy

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

FactsAreUseless posted:

its because running a kingdom is not cheap. I mean, can i interest you in some baubles?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hammerite posted:

hell yeah

like a portal gun what takes you to jails.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

If pigs can drive armored vehicles then rocket launchers and anti-material rifles should not be restricted weapons.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

FactsAreUseless posted:

God I can't wait for the manorial system to make a comeback.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
what if police people were taught to tickle and not shoot? makes you think.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What if the police hired people who weren't cowards and actually arrested people instead of gunning them down in the street

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

what if police people were taught to tickle and not shoot? makes you think.

in another timeline tensions between police and civilians are at an all time low in america as the proliferation of cell phone cameras allows the general public to witness just how often the police tickle suspects adorably

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
All police should get rid of their guns and learn to wrassle.

It's hard to rob a Circle K when you're getting suplexed through the hood of a car

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Boner Zone posted:

in another timeline tensions between police and civilians are at an all time low in america as the proliferation of cell phone cameras allows the general public to witness just how often the police tickle suspects adorably

CW;TW

in the video police officers give the 15 black boy a noogie. OH THE HUMANITY!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I feel like the police have been nuts lately but if this is true:

quote:

El Cajon Police Chief Jeff Davis said at a news conference: "At one point the male rapidly drew an object from his front pants pocket, placed both hands together on it and extended it rapidly towards the officer taking what appeared to be a shooting stance, putting the object in the officer's face."

Then I don't really see the problem to be honest.

And they immediately gave first aid and took him to a hospital which is leagues better than when they let Martin just rot in the street for a day or two.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

FedEx Mercury posted:

What if the police hired people who weren't cowards and actually arrested people instead of gunning them down in the street

it takes real courage to murder a completely helpless man

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I heard a lady on the TV saying that racism didn't exist before the Obama administration so surely this is all his fault somehow.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

revmoo posted:

Maybe cops should be required to keep the guns locked in their trunk and not dangling from their waists. If we're going to hero-worship cops then they should be expected to actually face occasional danger in the line of duty.

Its really weird how the hero worship is expected at the same time civilians are expected to assume most or all of the risk of a police encounter that's used to excuse the hero worship in the first place

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Burt Sexual posted:

This all started with Christopher Dorner. One of their own.

The repercussions of Black Rambo have never been stronger.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
if police officers are so cool and good then how come they sound like idiots when they talk?

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

all cops are fat stupid pieces of poo poo and should kill themselves

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Sound posted:

woah, rude i am a cop.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Sounds like they were sending out an SOS, and somebody got their message in a bullet

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Sound posted:

WHEN I CAME HOME THERE WAS A MAN IN MY HOUSE

YOU FIND THIS MAN

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

woah, rude i am a cop.

this makes your tickling suggestion kind of sinister

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Don't have the money? Looks like you've..."

*pulls back hammer*

"Come up a little short."

heh, looks like i'm gonna.... shoot you to death. :fyadride:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Boner Zone posted:

this makes your tickling suggestion kind of sinister

well i am just saying that some of my best qualities are being wasted with these bullshit protocols

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JiveHonky posted:

heh, looks like i'm gonna.... shoot you to death. :fyadride:

oh gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer