Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Sound posted:

all cops are fat stupid pieces of poo poo and should kill themselves

As a light skinned male who can easily pass for a white man I'm cool with the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I watched a video where officers threatened, tazed, and peppered sprayed a dude having a stroke in his car. Then he fell out of the driver's seat and the car ran over his foot. 5/5 please keep these coming, good stuff.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JiveHonky posted:

please oficcer, i'll do anything.

*hikes up pant leg*

*makes a tiny dookie*

*shakes dookie out of pant leg*

woah, bribery is very much frowned upon lady.

*holds turd to the sunlight*

looks legit tho

Baby Beer Stein
May 7, 2012

Can't blame the police, violence is in their nature. Their instincts make them react violently when they feel like they have been threatened. I have found some great advice for not getting killed by the police after reading all the YouTube comments.

Distant Police officers:

If a police officer doesn't see you, keep out of sight and detour as far as possible behind and downwind of the police officer. If the police officer sees you, retreat slowly and leave the area. If possible, slowly walk upwind to let your scent reach the police officer. Regardless of the distance, never approach the police officer.

If a police officer stands up on two legs, it is most likely trying to gather information and not being aggressive. In this situation, don't panic, and slowly back away.

Surprise Encounters:

If the police officer clacks its teeth, sticks out its lips, huffs, woofs, or slaps the ground with its gun, it is warning you that you are too close and are making it nervous. Heed this warning and slowly back away. Do not run, shout, or make sudden movements: you don't want to startle the police officer. Running may trigger a chase response in the police officer and you can't outrun a police officer. Police officers in America chase down elk calves all the time. You do not want to look like a slow elk calf.

In most cases, climbing a tree is a poor decision. Police officers can climb trees (especially if there is something up the tree that the police officer wants). Running to a tree or frantically climbing a tree may provoke a police officer to chase you. People have been pulled from trees before they can get high enough to get away. Also, when was the last time you climbed a tree? It's probably harder than you remember.

Charging Police officers:

If a police officer charges you after a surprise encounter, stay still and stand your ground. Most of the time, if you do this, the police officer is likely to break off the charge or veer away. This is called a bluff charge. If you run, you're likely to trigger a chase response from the police officer.

If the police officer continues to charge, it's important not to drop to the ground and "play dead" too early. Wait until the police officer makes contact or the second before the police officer makes contact. By standing your ground, the police officer is likely to break off the charge or veer away. If the police officer makes contact, this is the point where you become passive and "play dead." Drop to the ground; keep your pack on to protect your back. Lie on your stomach, face down and clasp your hands over the back of your neck with your elbows protecting the sides of your face. Remain still and stay silent to convince the police officer that you are not a threat to it or its cubs.

After the police officer leaves, wait several minutes before moving. Listen and look around cautiously before you get up to make certain the police officer is no longer nearby. If the police officer is gone, get up and walk (don't run) out of the area. Remember, the sow grizzly needs time to gather up her cubs which may have climbed trees or hidden in nearby brush. If you get up too soon, before the sow has had time to gather up her cubs and leave, she may attack again.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

PartyPlatter posted:

Can't blame the police, violence is in their nature. Their instincts make them react violently when they feel like they have been threatened. I have found some great advice for not getting killed by the police after reading all the YouTube comments.

Distant Police officers:

If a police officer doesn't see you, keep out of sight and detour as far as possible behind and downwind of the police officer. If the police officer sees you, retreat slowly and leave the area. If possible, slowly walk upwind to let your scent reach the police officer. Regardless of the distance, never approach the police officer.

If a police officer stands up on two legs, it is most likely trying to gather information and not being aggressive. In this situation, don't panic, and slowly back away.

Surprise Encounters:

If the police officer clacks its teeth, sticks out its lips, huffs, woofs, or slaps the ground with its gun, it is warning you that you are too close and are making it nervous. Heed this warning and slowly back away. Do not run, shout, or make sudden movements: you don't want to startle the police officer. Running may trigger a chase response in the police officer and you can't outrun a police officer. Police officers in America chase down elk calves all the time. You do not want to look like a slow elk calf.

In most cases, climbing a tree is a poor decision. Police officers can climb trees (especially if there is something up the tree that the police officer wants). Running to a tree or frantically climbing a tree may provoke a police officer to chase you. People have been pulled from trees before they can get high enough to get away. Also, when was the last time you climbed a tree? It's probably harder than you remember.

Charging Police officers:

If a police officer charges you after a surprise encounter, stay still and stand your ground. Most of the time, if you do this, the police officer is likely to break off the charge or veer away. This is called a bluff charge. If you run, you're likely to trigger a chase response from the police officer.

If the police officer continues to charge, it's important not to drop to the ground and "play dead" too early. Wait until the police officer makes contact or the second before the police officer makes contact. By standing your ground, the police officer is likely to break off the charge or veer away. If the police officer makes contact, this is the point where you become passive and "play dead." Drop to the ground; keep your pack on to protect your back. Lie on your stomach, face down and clasp your hands over the back of your neck with your elbows protecting the sides of your face. Remain still and stay silent to convince the police officer that you are not a threat to it or its cubs.

After the police officer leaves, wait several minutes before moving. Listen and look around cautiously before you get up to make certain the police officer is no longer nearby. If the police officer is gone, get up and walk (don't run) out of the area. Remember, the sow grizzly needs time to gather up her cubs which may have climbed trees or hidden in nearby brush. If you get up too soon, before the sow has had time to gather up her cubs and leave, she may attack again.

so what you are saying is if an officer attacks you the best thing to do is... grin and bear it. :smug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JiveHonky posted:

so what you are saying is if an officer attacks you the best thing to do is... grin and bear it. :smug:

:holymoley:

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

im gaye posted:

I watched a video where officers threatened, tazed, and peppered sprayed a dude having a stroke in his car. Then he fell out of the driver's seat and the car ran over his foot. 5/5 please keep these coming, good stuff.

this is the funniest thing ive read all day

the usa is destroying my humanity

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
how much PTO does an officer get for murder exactly? I think you get an extra week for every year of service but it can't be that simple. I think it's 1.3x normal rate if you shoot unarmed suspects when they're detained and 1.5 when they're in the back of the squad car? I'm pretty sure if a cop has enough tenure built up he can work just one day a year with just one killing. not a bad deal...

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Sound posted:

This is the kind of loose-cannon rhetoric that gets forums shutdowns, buddy.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Sound posted:

I don't see what them being fat has to do with it.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
yeah whats wrong with being fat? you can be fat and healthy at the same time iirc

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think cops should only kill themselves after killing every other human

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Smash it Smash hit posted:

yeah whats wrong with being fat? you can be fat and healthy at the same time iirc

I'm 100% cool and fine with police brutality against HAES advocates.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'm 100% cool and fine with police brutality against HAES advocates.

I am not sure what half of those words mean friend.

edit:

no just one of those words

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

You should start a thread about it.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Burt Sexual posted:

You should start a thread about it.

You shouldnt tell me what to do

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

edit:

An advocate is a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

edit:

HAES = "healthy at every size"

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it would help police keep us safe if we just avoided having mental health episodes or being mentally disabled in public

let's just try that

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

misty mountaintop posted:

An advocate is a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.

Oh okay thanks i thought he meant to say avocado, i was very confused. thank you friend

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

edit:

Healthy At Eny Size.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
You can follow the rules and procedures for police confrontation to the letter and still die and get evidence planted on your corpse. Hopefully you become a martyr for the cause.

According to the Guardian's cop killstreak counter we just hit 800

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Toadvine posted:

You can follow the rules and procedures for police confrontation to the letter and still die and get evidence planted on your corpse. Hopefully you become a martyr for the cause.

i am not sure this is true on account i am a police officer.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Toadvine posted:

i am not sure this is true on account i am a police officer.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
it's only a killstreak if it's uninterrupted and there are plenty of cops dying in the line of duty

the guardian doesn't even understand call of duty, JESUS

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Internaut! posted:

it's only a killstreak if it's uninterrupted and there are plenty of cops dying in the line of duty

the guardian doesn't even understand call of duty, JESUS

At x1000 we unlock a new level

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Black people will evolve to be immune to bullets and play dead. Free market

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
see the problem is the first thing they teach you in police academy is that "please don't shoot" actually means "I am going to kill you and your whole family"

Honest mistake really

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Who would have thought that decades of training cops to escalate encounters with citizens would turn out poorly.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Toadvine posted:

About 700 which were white.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
the trend ive noticed is that during these shootings the criminals tend to do the opposite of a lawful order by police, so i think instead the police should be trained to issue the opposite lawful orders they want the criminals to follow

"hey pal, you keep those hands down and behind your back where i can't see them. while you're at it, go ahead and make some erratic movements and start slowly backing away from the sound of my voice"

it's the simplest of solutions imo

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

tsa posted:

About 700 which were white.

400 actually (200 black people, for comparison) , which per million is just under 2 (5.5 black people per million, for comparison)

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
P sure cops spontaneously kill folks indiscriminately, but the media found out that the shootings of black folks really get those views.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
That Urkle kid had it coming, imo (not racism)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If you know people with mental illness tell their families not to ever call 911 tia

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nonsense posted:

If you know people with mental illness tell their families not to ever call 911 tia

calling your mom now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

calling your mom now

*dies by cop*

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Fartmaster posted:

P sure cops spontaneously kill folks indiscriminately, but the media found out that the shootings of black folks really get those views.

are you suggesting the media in current year are less interested in truthful reporting than inventing and inflaming controversies for clicks

how dare you sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Police killings are too high across the board, but black deaths are way out of proportion to their population so why isn't that newsworthy

• Locked thread