Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Noun Verber posted:

I love when people chime in to these threads with "Yeah but more white people get killed by cops every year". Jeeeeeeezus christ bucko, do you genuinely not know to adjust statistics based on population demographics or are you intentionally picking misleading statistics to make your bigoted bullshit look like it's 'backed up by facts'?

They're extremely quick to adjust based on population demographics when talking about crime rates so probably the latter.

I dunno what helldump is but we should dump hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Roylicious posted:

They're extremely quick to adjust based on population demographics when talking about crime rates so probably the latter.

I dunno what helldump is.

a place to openly mock posters who are bad. it got unreadable and pretty toxic at the very end and the dude who was at the top of the pecking order was doxxed and wrote an article for gawker about the experience. google jeb lund.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

hth posted:

a place to openly mock posters who are bad. it got unreadable and pretty toxic at the very end and the dude who was at the top of the pecking order was doxxed and wrote an article for gawker about the experience. google jeb lund.
Seems kind of mean-spirited.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
I like the idea that cops be armed with Portal guns that send criminals to jail, except instead of jail its a graveyard, and instead of portals it shoots bullets, and also the bullets are covered with cocaine so tox screens come up positive, and also the guns give the cop a beejay when he shoots while simultaneously shorting out his body cam

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

I like the idea that cops be armed with Portal guns that send criminals to jail, except instead of jail its a graveyard, and instead of portals it shoots bullets, and also the bullets are covered with cocaine so tox screens come up positive, and also the guns give the cop a beejay when he shoots while simultaneously shorting out his body cam

mr guiliani why arent you running for president, america needed you in these trying times

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
wait hell dump is coming back?!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

hth posted:

lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hate yankees posted:

wait hell dump is coming back?!

There's a pretty sick thread over there about you already. I thought you were playing it unusually cool for someone who got doxxed almost immediately.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
there should be cops for white people and cops for black people and they should get into shootouts regularly trying to arrest each other it'll be sweet

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

misty mountaintop posted:

I didn't watch The Shield, but from what I can tell, it's about a part of the police officer uniform, the shield part, which is a little shield he wears to stop bullets from penetrating his heart.

The Shield is pretty cool if you can get past the 90s TV show stuff like the intro song and whatnot.

It's a touching tale about an officer in the inner city struggling against the odds to keep crime off the streets and help his friends :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
heres the Yelp! page of the taco shop where the shooting occurred. I, personally, have not tried this one.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/panchos-mexican-grill-el-cajon

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Boner Zone posted:

Police killings are too high across the board, but black deaths are way out of proportion to their population so why isn't that newsworthy

black people also commit crime way out of proportion of population, ipso facto they deal with police as antagonist more.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Until the government commits to employing everyone willing to work for a living wage there will be war in the streets and because of historical and demographical reasons black people, mentally ill people, and homeless people will bear the brunt of it. No amount of body cameras or putting cops in jail is going to stop them from being loving terrified when dealing with a public descending into lower and lower standards of living every year. The politicians telling you that the criminal justice system is broken are the same ones shipping jobs and prosperity overseas to serve their biggest donors and making the situation worse.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.
was his name roxanne?

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

The Sphinxster posted:

There's a pretty sick thread over there about you already. I thought you were playing it unusually cool for someone who got doxxed almost immediately.

oh dear :ohdear:

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
I wonder how often these fat fascist pigs practice @ the gun range or paintball and how good they actually are against trained assassins for example. Just trying to be creative because the police as an authoritarian state enforcement weapon is so bleak and often reported

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The Laughing Man posted:

I wonder how often these fat fascist pigs practice @ the gun range or paintball and how good they actually are against trained assassins for example. Just trying to be creative because the police as an authoritarian state enforcement weapon is so bleak and often reported

It varies greatly. Police departments range from giant, union-driven organizations of thousands of employees in major cities to lovely, good ol' boy circle jerks in rural areas. The amount of training they receive can vary anywhere between almost nothing and lots depending on their location.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

The Laughing Man posted:

I think you should have to complete the Ninja Warrior course to become a cop.

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

misty mountaintop posted:

I think you should have to complete the Ninja Warrior course to become a cop.

These people point guns at old ladies, and bust the poor for stealing groceries, they need a lot more than a ninja agility course to protect and serve.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
It's okay we just have to hold out a couple more decades or so until we can replace them all with robot police.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Roylicious posted:

It's okay we just have to hold out a couple more decades or so until we can replace them all with robot police.

Who watches the programmers who watch the watchmen?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

The Sphinxster posted:

Who watches the programmers who watch the watchmen?

Twitch plays Law Enforcement

"I AM -
"I AM -
"I AM -
"I AM -
"I AM THE LAW"

*fires gun wildly while spinning 360 degrees*

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Sound posted:

all cops are fat stupid pieces of poo poo and should kill themselves

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Remember in the 80's when a major plot point of cop movies was internal affairs investigating the protagonist for shooting someone? Like they would be worried, after shooting a room full of dudes with guns & cocaine or a guy stealing a purse at gunpoint, that IA would come in and kick them off the police department. And it was always a relief, 'IA cleared you, the guy had a gun, pointed at you with the safety off so it was legal to shoot him. Here's your gun and badge back'.

Now if a cop shoots an unarmed (black) person for any reason, they get a 2 week paid vacation and a bunch of free money if they make a #bluelivesmatter kickstarter.

Kind of a quaint thought, police being worried about consequence.

Also it turns out the watchmen don't like being watched.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

afeelgoodpoop posted:

black people also commit crime way out of proportion of population, ipso facto they deal with police as antagonist more.

Remember when 4 cops tackled James Blake for the crime of standing on a sidewalk while black? It was pretty cool when he did not forgive them.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

quote:

Police officials have issued a denial, claiming that their cars merely got too hot and needed to cool off

lmao "how does internal combustion work Charlie?"

red19fire posted:

Remember in the 80's when a major plot point of cop movies was internal affairs investigating the protagonist for shooting someone? Like they would be worried, after shooting a room full of dudes with guns & cocaine or a guy stealing a purse at gunpoint, that IA would come in and kick them off the police department. And it was always a relief, 'IA cleared you, the guy had a gun, pointed at you with the safety off so it was legal to shoot him. Here's your gun and badge back'.

To be fair I bet poo poo was a lot worse in the 80s and that's just Hollywood being Hollywood. We just have cameras everywhere now to catch them in the act.

e: the movies also make you think IA is a thing that matters and isn't just full of a bunch of older cops who largely are lenient on police because thin blue line

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 28, 2016

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

What do they have to worry about? I mean if they were doing something wrong I would understand.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
I don't have a problem with cops having bodycams except for the fact that literally no one will ever sign up to be a cop

I just work on computer box all day and I'd rather be homeless than have my employer able to CCTV my every working minute

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Internaut! posted:

I don't have a problem with cops having bodycams except for the fact that literally no one will ever sign up to be a cop

I just work on computer box all day and I'd rather be homeless than have my employer able to CCTV my every working minute

CCTV should be everywhere it's a human right much like internet.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

you absolute motherfucker

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

Internaut! posted:

This simply means that to meet market demand the salary of police would go up until it got to a point where they were willing to be on TV 24/7.

Honestly that doesn't sound that bad.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

I like the idea that cops be armed with Portal guns that send criminals to jail, except instead of jail its a graveyard
Now im just picturing a cop yelling about how he's going to send them to another dimension dbz style before shooting.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Internaut! posted:

You say this like half of all jobs (at least) already don't have you under constant CCTV. A lot of computer jobs involve IT being able to view screen your box any time they want without you noticing either, and they're definitely looking at the traffic if nothing else.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Internaut! posted:

Sounds like u could be a cop with statements like this

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
maybe if people who just wanted to actually help people were cops, the whole working life on tv poo poo wouldnt matter

but the truth is no one whos a cop wants to help people

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you're telling me i get to run around with a gun and do whatever I want with 0 accountability, but I HAVE to wear a camera that I can shut off before doing anything illegal? nah no thanks

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

you're telling me i get to run around with a gun and do whatever I want with 0 accountability, but I HAVE to wear a camera that I can shut off before doing anything illegal? nah no thanks

A penalty point or demerit point system to pay and legal action against those that do this would sort this out easily. If it weren't for the blue shield which is controlled mostly from patriarchal norms and reinforced heavily with heteronormativity and an authoritarian do-gooder/white knight church spin.

Let's not forget there are still males that swear by the lad culture version of the Niacin Creed.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
I feel like if you kill someone you should be forced to gently caress until you produce a person to compensate for what you've done.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It this when you beat people up and take $60 in rent every time they come to your neighborhood?

No that's River City Ransom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Roylicious posted:

The Shield is pretty cool if you can get past the 90s TV show stuff like the intro song and whatnot.

It's a touching tale about an officer in the inner city struggling against the odds to keep crime off the streets and help his friends :)

That pilot episode is really the only time I have ever felt Bawitdaba actually worked.

• Locked thread