Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Noun Verber posted:

I love when people chime in to these threads with "Yeah but more white people get killed by cops every year". Jeeeeeeezus christ bucko, do you genuinely not know to adjust statistics based on population demographics or are you intentionally picking misleading statistics to make your bigoted bullshit look like it's 'backed up by facts'?

Also helldump coming back is a good thing, anyone who doesn't like it is a loving piece of poo poo coward, not unlike an american cop.

Actually if you make the necessary socioeconomic adjustments black and white people are killed by police at about the same rate. I hope this has been of some help or assistance for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Roylicious posted:

You say this like half of all jobs (at least) already don't have you under constant CCTV. A lot of computer jobs involve IT being able to view screen your box any time they want without you noticing either, and they're definitely looking at the traffic if nothing else.

do people even use their work machines for not-work anymore here in iPhone era?

big difference between boss watching your computer screen and watching the world through your eyes, ever have a private conversation in the office? not with bodycams you don't, everything said in a phone call or meeting room? every disagreement with a coworker who one day becomes your boss? on your permanent record

I literally can't imagine how much I'd have to change my daily routine if my boss was recording every second of my day, but then again unlike people who say "nbd if you have nothing to hide" I'm neither disingenuous nor unemployed

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

wynter necr0 posted:

A penalty point or demerit point system to pay and legal action against those that do this would sort this out easily. If it weren't for the blue shield which is controlled mostly from patriarchal norms and reinforced heavily with heteronormativity and an authoritarian do-gooder/white knight church spin.

Let's not forget there are still males that swear by the lad culture version of the Niacin Creed.

Good post.

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
CCTV with ID HUDs takes care of a lot of crime and it's terrible that in metropolises this isn't a standard feature within city borders especially in those above 1 million citizens.

I imagine the future only bodes worse for police abuse. Neural hacking using improved future technology like Oculus Rift seems more and more plausible since it's popularization, even appearing in kid's anime like Sword Art Online. With the convergence of the various interpretative expressions of the meaning of quantum mechanics, it seems the next frontier would be something like quantum window theory similar to Interstellar. Allowing viewers to gain a probabilistic scenario of crime occurring similar to a Minority Report scenario but without the "precognition" element.

Things like bugging the brain's subvocalization mechanism would be a good start to iterating or copying people and their probable actions for use in understanding probability at a quantum level.

Mind-Reach: Scientists Look at Psychic Abilities
https://books.google.com/books?id=n...bugging&f=false

The Laughing Man fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 29, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

wynter necr0 posted:

A penalty point or demerit point system to pay and legal action against those that do this would sort this out easily. If it weren't for the blue shield which is controlled mostly from patriarchal norms and reinforced heavily with heteronormativity and an authoritarian do-gooder/white knight church spin.

Let's not forget there are still males that swear by the lad culture version of the Niacin Creed.

Wtf is this poo poo?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm filmed at work at every location, gently caress we have cameras on cages for termination points for telecom boxes. They are in cages.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Burt Sexual posted:

Wtf is this poo poo?

It was a post with patriarchal norms and reinforced heavily with heteronormativity and an authoritarian do-gooder/white knight church spin.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I remember when there was a push for mandatory body cameras like that would be the thing to curb brutality. Whoops! Looks like cops will destroy evidence who knew

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toadvine posted:

I remember when there was a push for mandatory body cameras like that would be the thing to curb brutality. Whoops! Looks like cops will destroy evidence who knew

It is what it is.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

misty mountaintop posted:

I feel like if you kill someone you should be forced to gently caress until you produce a person to compensate for what you've done.

finally i can lose my virginity

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Lord Binky posted:

It was a post with patriarchal norms and reinforced heavily with heteronormativity and an authoritarian do-gooder/white knight church spin.

Don't forget Niacin Creed lad culture which sounds like a product of an All Boys mentality. These are the kind of dopes that want to suit up and pretend to be Knights and paladins of the playground when it suits them but when they get busted there is no crime.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

afeelgoodpoop posted:

black people also commit crime way out of proportion of population, ipso facto they deal with police as antagonist more.

hmm interesting, has anyone tried explaining this to the blacks yet?

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Cocksmith posted:

finally i can lose my virginity

You see now THEREs a writing prompt

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Boner Zone posted:

hmm interesting, has anyone tried explaining this to the blacks yet?

Most blacks recognize this but also understand the system is still broken and needs internal change. As a minority group they often culturally get all the peripheral extreme behaviour that otherwise doesn't even grace heteronormative (white) culture, due to collateral damage. Like bathsalts psychosis, and pcp cannibalism.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly feel pretty bad for a lot of people killed by the police and it makes me angry. That said, blacks are just incapable of following simple rules and instructions and just wind up daring police to gently caress them up. And then guess what happens.

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I honestly feel pretty bad for a lot of people killed by the police and it makes me angry. That said, blacks are just incapable of following simple rules and instructions and just wind up daring police to gently caress them up. And then guess what happens.

The proliferation of racial intolerance, violence, prison culture, and more crime?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
When are the police finally gonna fuckin prestige already!?

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Here's my guess: they gently caress you in the rear end hole. Just kidding.

Cover my Eyes
Mar 31, 2011

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Sounds like they were sending out an SOS, and somebody got their message in a bullet
I see what you did there. :cop:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Mini-riot going on in San Diego.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6740/web

edit : found a livestream that doesn't suck,

http://fox5sandiego.com/on-air/live-streaming-sc/

and it died already...

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 29, 2016

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The one they shot in san diego had the most unfortunate idea

he was pointing an e cig

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

unpacked robinhood posted:

The one they shot in san diego had the most unfortunate idea

he was pointing an e cig

Grover Norquist must be losing his poo poo over this.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
it just kinda seems to me that police in general lack discipline in terms of when they choose to go for the gun anymore

i figured that part of the job is that since you're given all this coercive authority over people that you're supposed to have the discipline to use it properly which means that you don't just go straight for deadly force- even if it puts your life at risk because that's the cost of being given that responsibility

doesn't seem hard; being law enforcement should be viewed a bit differently from just being "a job" like any other because your responsibility and privileges are unlike any regular jobs you could have

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Heh, i know how to solve the police brutality problem ... hehe. its really simple too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

misty mountaintop posted:

Grover Norquist must be losing his poo poo over this.

lol

he had the right to vape man!!1:wth:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Heh, i know how to solve the police brutality problem ... hehe. its really simple too.

for the last time im NOT going to suck your dick

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Police released video today of officers emptying mags into a car killing a 6 yr old.

Video released shows officers shooting 6-year-old
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/us/louisiana-body-cam-shooting/index.html

I don't remember why they even started shooting.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

Police released video today of officers emptying mags into a car killing a 6 yr old.

quote:

He was hit by five bullets in the head and chest, according to CNN affiliate WAFB.
Jeremy's first-grade teacher told CNN he was autistic and did not communicate verbally.
Jeremy died, and his father survived.

:unsmith:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I...uh...is that really the smiley you wanted there?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

food court bailiff posted:

:boom: :angel:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

he's free from the chains of this dead gay earth

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

quote:

I cant help it, my life is constantly terrible. I spend as much time as work as possible. The worst part is that I am supposed to pretend that I am happy about it. When we get together with the other parents and everyone is pretending their kids are as normal as anyone else. They are not. All of us secretly wish they were never born.
I would never dare tell my wife this. She is in total denial. Every time he screams or has a breakdown I just wish he would die. I believe that violence is a lot more common than you think. but my wife and I always control ourselves. I can't stand it though. Why has god done this to me, and why instead of having support are you not supposed to say this. It is terrible, and I did not deserve it yet I am supposed to pretend life is just great.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://youtu.be/QbqBD5p1OrY

Police in El Cajon, CA released this video of the shooting.

Lol @ the fast food camera footage. Are the police afraid to wear body cams in this town or something? It's okay guys you can just say they fell off if they capture anything incriminating.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

police said they were executing a warrant and he tried to run them over with his car. thee was no warrant and video proved they boxed him into an alley and lit him up, and they lied about him trying to run them down. one of the cops had prior drama with the guy and they tried to murder him. the cops are on trial for murder and it was so hosed up that the judge ordered a gag order which is why you dont hear poo poo about it. only reason they caught charges was cause the kid is white

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Blue Train posted:

only reason they caught charges was cause the kid is white

no it's not you piece of poo poo

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Sacramento police tried to run over man before shooting him, recordings reveal

Two Sacramento police officers attempted to run over a mentally ill homeless man with their car less than 35 seconds before they shot and killed him, according to recordings released by police this month.

One of the officers says “f--- this guy” in the frantic final minute before they shot Joseph Mann on Del Paso Boulevard. Moments later, the driver says, “I’m going to hit him.”

“OK. Go for it. Go for it,” his partner responds.

During that sequence, the officers gunned their vehicle toward Mann, backed up, turned and then drove toward him again, based on dashcam video released by police. They stopped the car, ran toward Mann on foot and shot him 14 times.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article105234171.html

I do not think the psych tests are working.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Harriet, I no-scoped a scrub *points at bitchin medal on chest*

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
For my part, I think Officer Dan and the Erratic Blacks would make a pretty good band name.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lime Tonics posted:

Sacramento police tried to run over man before shooting him, recordings reveal

Two Sacramento police officers attempted to run over a mentally ill homeless man with their car less than 35 seconds before they shot and killed him, according to recordings released by police this month.

One of the officers says “f--- this guy” in the frantic final minute before they shot Joseph Mann on Del Paso Boulevard. Moments later, the driver says, “I’m going to hit him.”

“OK. Go for it. Go for it,” his partner responds.

During that sequence, the officers gunned their vehicle toward Mann, backed up, turned and then drove toward him again, based on dashcam video released by police. They stopped the car, ran toward Mann on foot and shot him 14 times.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article105234171.html

I do not think the psych tests are working.

apparently neither are the driving tests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

no it's not you piece of poo poo

Seems to be.

• Locked thread