Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

us vs also us posted:

does anyone here ever watch some movies ??

no not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

thathonkey posted:

no not really

*hands you a copy of 1/2 a DVD of Pulp Fiction and 1/2 a DVD of There Will Be Blood duct taped together* Watch. This. poo poo. Bro. IT WILL CHANGE YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
someone told me start with boondock saints

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
the boondock boys

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

thathonkey posted:

i watched "The Revenant" since it came out on HBO i think. anyway, it was a very beautiful film but i have pretty much zero desire to watch it again. guy got supremely hosed up by a bear and then later makes a luke skywalker-esque sleeping bag out of a horse so that was pretty C-RAZY

It was a really good movie.

It was funny, while I was watching it I was saying to my friend about how it really reminded me of Platoon in some weird way (like the betrayal of a good guy by a sort of rugged scout/scoundrel really stuck out to me and some of the setting up of dramatic landscape shots and burned out old mission buildings) and then I was looking it up and it said that Tom Hardy based a lot of his character off of Tom Berenger's character's speech and movement in that movie and it was like drat that was actually pretty cool that he had shared that feeling.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Man, if The Boondock Saints cut that ONE scene where God LITERALLY touches them then I think the whole film would have been redeemed. If it was just those two bumbling their way through hits and praising God for their fortune it'd be a great but as is, I dunno dude, just feels real weird and wanky but still we get Willem Defoe being all kinds of nuts so good going, guys.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I watched Quigley with Gary Busey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMz8azB-y1k

I enjoyed this movie, t is well done and very cute. I would have never thought of Gary Busey in this move, but the character he plays fits right in with the villain type roles he is usually in.

I think the entire point of this move is "you reap what you sow." In that regard it promotes good moral values and enforces the saying "do unto others what you would have them do unto you." The only thing I didn't like about it was the guards and how over-the-top dumb they were! They could have been made intelligent and made for a good chase scene for drama effect or something like that! And the music was nice, but it kept repeating throughout the movie. It would have been nice to have more really good songs! Overall I give Quigley 8/10

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I wish they'd do a remake of THE MASK.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I saw Fateful Findings a few weeks ago. In many ways it is the entire film experience distilled to the lowest budget possible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWy5UYTnb4w

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates was really funny

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Really? Because Dirty grandpa was the worst loving thing in the world* and now all I think when I see Zac Effron is that film.

Might see it for Aubrey Plaza, like.

*Not as bad as SPY, but close.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'Mitchell' starring Joe Don Baker is on Amazon streaming. If you enjoyed the MST3K version but wanted to really focus on how terrible the movie is without all those jokes getting in the way, this is your chance.

It's a really bad movie (still better than any given Marvel movie of course.)

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I forgot I'm supposed to go see The Rocky Horror Picture Show with my girlfriend tomorrow night in the theater.
I hate the movie, but she loves it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
God's Not Dead is the comedy of the decade

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

God's Not Dead is the comedy of the decade

Watch the sequel. The way the ACLU is presented is hilarious.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

TwoStepBoog posted:

I forgot I'm supposed to go see The Rocky Horror Picture Show with my girlfriend tomorrow night in the theater.
I hate the movie, but she loves it.

Just think of the sex, dude. Just think of the sex.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah if you play your cards right with Rocky Horror you can have awesome sex. Or horrifying sex with a 40 year-old obese woman in fishnets while the twink dressed as Rocky masturbates in the corner. Or both.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i wish they made more transcendental poo poo like blade runner

i like my sci-fi dystopia with vangelis soundtrack and white people neo-tokyo

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah if you play your cards right with Rocky Horror you can have awesome sex. Or horrifying sex with a 40 year-old obese woman in fishnets while the twink dressed as Rocky masturbates in the corner. Or both.

How I lost my virginity. :unsmith:

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Sausage party is the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I had that hot shame feeling the entire time I sat there in the theater.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I watched zodiac today and i enjoyed it

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Most Jake Gyllenhall movies are great

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I even enjoy bubble boy or atleast did when i watched it years ago

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

bossy lady posted:

Sausage party is the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I had that hot shame feeling the entire time I sat there in the theater.
I saw it with my dad because he was curious about what the hell it was about, and when we left the theater he was mumbling about how it was the worst movie he's ever seen.

Also, note: Do not see Sausage Party with anyone in your family, ever.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Dredd with Karl Urban is much cooler a movie than you'd think it would be. Lena Hedley plays a great villain too.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Wizard Master posted:

I watched Quigley with Gary Busey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMz8azB-y1k

I enjoyed this movie, t is well done and very cute. I would have never thought of Gary Busey in this move, but the character he plays fits right in with the villain type roles he is usually in.

I think the entire point of this move is "you reap what you sow." In that regard it promotes good moral values and enforces the saying "do unto others what you would have them do unto you." The only thing I didn't like about it was the guards and how over-the-top dumb they were! They could have been made intelligent and made for a good chase scene for drama effect or something like that! And the music was nice, but it kept repeating throughout the movie. It would have been nice to have more really good songs! Overall I give Quigley 8/10

The sequel "Quigley Down Under" is better.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Today I kind-of watched War Goddess while I worked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oC7mbUXGdY

It's kind-of cool to see what boys wanked it to back in the day.

client
Aug 19, 2010

i saw high rise which owned and had a really unique style.

i also saw 31 which was so shockingly bad and stupid that it was kind of entertaining

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

client posted:

i also saw 31 which was so shockingly bad and stupid that it was kind of entertaining

Hey guys since we're in a murder circus with themed killer clowns stalking us in a gruesome and sadistic take on Reality TV, it's probably best that we stop and eat this conveniently placed banquet. Ever since that weird chick outside the gas station was going on about Popeye's spinach I could just so eat.

I gotta say having the a themed killer clown that was the one German guy from The Big Lebowski was amazing. I gently caress YOU LEBOWSKI I gently caress YOU *revs chainsaw*

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

client posted:

i saw high rise which owned and had a really unique style.

Oh yeah I forgot about high-rise, pretty good movie.

The Lobster was also very good.

client
Aug 19, 2010

scuba school sucks posted:

Hey guys since we're in a murder circus with themed killer clowns stalking us in a gruesome and sadistic take on Reality TV, it's probably best that we stop and eat this conveniently placed banquet. Ever since that weird chick outside the gas station was going on about Popeye's spinach I could just so eat.

I gotta say having the a themed killer clown that was the one German guy from The Big Lebowski was amazing. I gently caress YOU LEBOWSKI I gently caress YOU *revs chainsaw*

also great/terrible was the main bad guy who was so edgy that he had agressive buttsex with some girl while screaming and watching nosferatu on tv.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
For a Few Dollars More>Once Upon a Time in the West>The Good The Bad and The Ugly>Duck, You Sucker>A Fistful of Dollars

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Hector Beerlioz posted:

For a Few Dollars More>Once Upon a Time in the West>The Good The Bad and The Ugly>Duck, You Sucker>A Fistful of Dollars

I could probably watch Man With No Name Trilogy on an endless loop FYI.

Finally watched Conjuring 2 last night, it was alright. Wan sure knows how to make a decent horror flick.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The nun scene in Conjuring 2 was the best horror I've seen in the last ten years. It's a pity the whole movie keeps repeating the same beats until you're too worn out to care.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

mind the walrus posted:

The nun scene in Conjuring 2 was the best horror I've seen in the last ten years. It's a pity the whole movie keeps repeating the same beats until you're too worn out to care.

Yeah, it creeped me out. His stuff starts out pretty strong (Insidious got off to a very strong start IMO), but then kind of goes off the rails. Horror is kind of difficult to pull off, so despite his faults I think he's alright.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Most recent for me was Suicide Squad which was like 30 minutes of character introductions and then just stretching out the last 15 minutes of Ghostbusters to fill up the remaining hour. I want to punch that piece of human garbage David Ayer in the throat.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Interesting fact: the actress who played the demonic nun in The Conjuring 2 is the same person who played the "man" behind the diner in Mulholland Drive http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007491/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t11

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Laslow posted:

Most recent for me was Suicide Squad which was like 30 minutes of character introductions and then just stretching out the last 15 minutes of Ghostbusters to fill up the remaining hour. I want to punch that piece of human garbage David Ayer in the throat.
Fury was ok

Kuato posted:

Yeah, it creeped me out. His stuff starts out pretty strong (Insidious got off to a very strong start IMO), but then kind of goes off the rails. Horror is kind of difficult to pull off, so despite his faults I think he's alright.
Oh yeah. He manages to repurpose old hat horror without going on a "greatest hits tour". The problem--especially with Conjuring 2--is that he runs out of tricks by the halfway mark and tries to redo the same ones with an escalating twist, but by then it's just exhausting. You're right that he's still good anyway, given how difficult good horror is.

Don't Breathe was p solid, and The Shallows was unexpectedly fun with some gorgeous ocean shots.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

client posted:

also great/terrible was the main bad guy who was so edgy that he had agressive buttsex with some girl while screaming and watching nosferatu on tv.

Whenever I played Manhunt back in the day I never really seriously considered if it would be better with Malcolm MacDowell playing the role of the narrator. Now I want to see Rob Zombie direct a Purge movie. Rob Zombie's Born On The Fourth Of Purge. You know how the different Purge movies are all in urban areas? If Rob Zombie made a Purge movie I bet it would be out in the country and would have a bunch of rednecks.

Heh. "What's a yokel?" I wish the rest of the script was as good as that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i watched 2 Days in the Valley tonight and it's a good sorta-pulp fiction

charlize theron in 1996 though, jesus loving christ

• Locked thread