Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favorite minecraft lets player
bernie sanders
bernie sanders
bernie sanders
GIVE ME BERNIE SANDERS PUTTY YOU gently caress
View Results

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Did someone say perma?

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am in a permanent state of enjoyment because of this great video game

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I've seen worse games

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This game somehow has a thinner plot than actual Minecraft. It's very impressive.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This is loving amazing for every wrong reason.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Hemingway To Go! posted:

yeah. hey just added mindblowing things like llamas. also they finally gave enemies attack animations and combat a cooldown bar

Team is basically scrambling to make the code work better and the gameplay features they add are things they think up on lunch breaks, only occasionally doing anything resembling adding reasonable gameplay content. The code base is notoriously lovely.

Minecraft occupies that same weird space as Skyrim where most of the people who play it find they need to mod the poo poo out of it to make it any fun. Vanilla Minecraft is good for sort of a zenning out kinda thing if you're willing to just turn off your brain and grind for resources, I suppose...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Putty fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 27, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Science has gone too far.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

What did Jesus do for our sins?

He was destroyed.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

they say that for the past 47 years patton oswalt's only had a single, reoccuring, dream

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Somewhere out there is a pastor, the highlight of who's career is writing the foreward for the Minecraft bible.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

-Part 4

Embedded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84wsBjw6RzE

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Found out Putty's not black, unsubscribing immediately.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I would like to hear more about this Dick's Plash. He sounds like a lovely fellow.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dicksplash™

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Dong Slosh

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

nine-gear crow posted:

I would like to hear more about this Dick's Plash. He sounds like a lovely fellow.

warning bad words ahead

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

warning bad words ahead

what the everloving gently caress

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i love all these "choices" that are just three ways of saying the same thing and "..."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hemingway To Go! posted:

i love all these "choices" that are just three ways of saying the same thing and "..."

Having just finished Tales from the Borderlands, it's really quite sad. I mean, don't get me wrong- TftB is still quite linear, but there are several choices that do make big (though not dramatic) differences in how the story goes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Lee the Warrior posted:

"Come with me!"

You posted:

X - "Okay, let's do that!"
Y - "I agree, why don't we do that!"
B - "Good plan, we should do that!"
A - "..." [the silence implies that you are going along with his plan]

Telltale Games posted:

*spiraling into the abyss* Your choices maaaatteeeerrrrrrr

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You are the only person who will remember this choice.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hope that in the final boss fight, if you miss the QTE another character will take your sword and stab the bad guy for you.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you die in a boss encounter, the other characters continue to move around your corpse Weekend At Bernie's style until you finish the game. Death is meaningless. There are no choices. Freedom is an illusion. Dicksplash is a real... dick... splash...

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Man, Minecraft got dark after I stopped playing. Used to be the biggest problem you had were green assholes that blow up your poo poo, now they've got a god drat world-eating monster with tractor beams.

Also, it's strangely amusing to me just how arbitary death is in this game. It's like they tossed a die to decide whether this particular prompt will kill you if you fail or not.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8SjpJYGeU

This is basically what happened in the latest episode

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I have no idea when things get archived so I'm gonna bump this just in case. New video in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paz3So-gsIU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Putty posted:

I have no idea when things get archived so I'm gonna bump this just in case. New video in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paz3So-gsIU

2 months is the limit for the LP subforum, 3 everywhere else.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
sorry guys I've been working on REAL LIFE stuff too much recently, i would never be accepted in the LP ZONE where let's play is SERIOUS

I have the episode recorded and plan to have multiple people on for it soon, have this minecraft meantime

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

-Part 5

this game and our commentary are going to get worse

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

glad to see that this lp isnt dead and i can enjoy another instalment of this lovely game

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
lol at arguing about which hut to make and none of the things they were complaining about actually matter or even make sense in terms of the game mechanics. the game is such a bad intro to minecraft if that's what they were banking on, and i don't think kids who actually play the game would have interest in a game with no actual gameplay, especially with characters this bad and an even worse story. like the only guy who actually knows how to play the game and use late-game mechanics is the villain who ruins everything.

E: At first the list of LP's on the L P Z O N E looks pretty long for a forum that just started, but a lot of them are copied content from here, threads that just update on both sites, including Mega64's current LP... I guess it's a just in case thing for if the site takes off?

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 22, 2017

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

glad to see that this lp isnt dead and i can enjoy another instalment of this lovely game

sorry for the wait guys, getting your dream job is very cool and good while making a patreon to shout at games isn't, who would have guessed!!!!!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

E: At first the list of LP's on the L P Z O N E looks pretty long for a forum that just started, but a lot of them are copied content from here, threads that just update on both sites, including Mega64's current LP... I guess it's a just in case thing for if the site takes off?

the only people who are only going to post in the lets pissone are people who think Lowtax is a real pedophile wizard

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

minecraft confirmed only nintendo game that can go under 60 bucks

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Scaramouche posted:

I don't want to affront you guys or anything but this game looks really really bad. And for once, for reasons mostly unrelated to technical merits of lack thereof. Like, it's a paint by numbers sack of crap without even considering the game play. That's rare.

o god it was even worse than that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
i remember when minecraft cost 10 bux 10 years ago

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

didn't your mother ever tell you that if you keep making a face it'll get stuck like that you poorly-rendered poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
minecret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Finally! Something to justify my Wii U's existence.

• Locked thread