Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favorite minecraft lets player
bernie sanders
bernie sanders
bernie sanders
GIVE ME BERNIE SANDERS PUTTY YOU gently caress
View Results

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
God these characters are so whiny and incapable.
I guess the game is for kids who watch people playing minecraft on youtube instead of the game for themselves, so I guess the characters being that way kind of fits.

Also, the peril of making a story mode based on an inexplicably popular barely finished game: Recently, Lapis was made to actually be valuable, you cannot enchant your tools without it anymore, so that "joke" is ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Genocyber posted:

I mean if they ignored those two groups they totally could, but that would require a.) effort and b.) not making money hand over fist.

Why would they be ignore those groups when making a minecraft game where you do not play minecraft
Who else wants to hear a story about minecraft

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
"he has all the ingredients for a wither and he's going to unleash it on this crowd!"
what? They just said they need THREE skulls for a wither and he had two before we got ours back, why are they acting like there's an immediate threat of a witcher

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Pollyanna posted:

Recently? The drat game is still being updated? I remember hearing about how development was winding down in loving 2010.
yeah. hey just added mindblowing things like llamas. also they finally gave enemies attack animations and combat a cooldown bar

Team is basically scrambling to make the code work better and the gameplay features they add are things they think up on lunch breaks, only occasionally doing anything resembling adding reasonable gameplay content. The code base is notoriously lovely.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
i love all these "choices" that are just three ways of saying the same thing and "..."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
lol at arguing about which hut to make and none of the things they were complaining about actually matter or even make sense in terms of the game mechanics. the game is such a bad intro to minecraft if that's what they were banking on, and i don't think kids who actually play the game would have interest in a game with no actual gameplay, especially with characters this bad and an even worse story. like the only guy who actually knows how to play the game and use late-game mechanics is the villain who ruins everything.

E: At first the list of LP's on the L P Z O N E looks pretty long for a forum that just started, but a lot of them are copied content from here, threads that just update on both sites, including Mega64's current LP... I guess it's a just in case thing for if the site takes off?

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Putty posted:

Episode this week. One emptyquote and I will buy a Minecraft paperback and review it.

• Locked thread