Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

feelix posted:

One guy wanted to know how I lost weight and if it was keto. When I told him I tracked my calories and chose satiating foods he dead rear end turned around and walked away without saying a word

way too much work. looking for a magic quick fix. thanks tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Buschmaki posted:

BJJ is good.

Ankle monitor haver spotted.

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off
Is it KEY-doe or KEDD-o?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Boogan posted:

Is it KEY-doe or KEDD-o?

I'm a chemist, it's key-toe like you say ketone.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

feelix posted:

One guy wanted to know how I lost weight and if it was keto. When I told him I tracked my calories and chose satiating foods he dead rear end turned around and walked away without saying a word

Knew he had to save himself from an outburst that would land him in jail

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Dum Cumpster posted:

Knew he had to save himself from an outburst that would land him in jail

This is a guy who wants to be friends with me really badly for some reason but the first time I met him he asked me what I thought about Elon buying Twitter and why it's good that Ben Shapiro won't be censored anymore. He is not a person who knows how to shut the duck up, so I think he was genuinely dumbfounded by the concept

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

feelix posted:

This is a guy who wants to be friends with me really badly for some reason but the first time I met him he asked me what I thought about Elon buying Twitter and why it's good that Ben Shapiro won't be censored anymore. He is not a person who knows how to shut the duck up, so I think he was genuinely dumbfounded by the concept

That's much more entertaining than my version

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

*snickers* Look at those tiny calves.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

*snickers* Look at those tiny calves.

mans really put his calves on display like that 😂 (my calves are tiny)

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Don't worry, Iain Valliere took 7th at the Olympia two years in a row with non-existent calves

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I workout every day but just think about starting to do BJJ or "striking". It would be as a hobby. Actually doing it has proved impossible within my schedule, or I just didn't actually wanna do it. :shrug:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
bjj is fun as hell

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I'd like to attend the boxing classes at the local sports gym, but I tried a complimentary class on a rest day between workouts and spending an hour on the balls of my feet made my calves hurt for a week. It was very humbling.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Any sort of martial art, but I think especially any grappling art, will just improve your conditioning like crazy too! It's noticeably improved my lifting sessions and recovery

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

way too much work. looking for a magic quick fix. thanks tho

You could just start taking SARMs, get big lose weight still technically be able to say you're not taking steroids

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

You could just start taking SARMs, get big lose weight still technically be able to say you're not taking steroids

Speaking of that stuff I’ve just started watching this dudes channel and he’s hilarious and actually informative

https://youtu.be/NV8zskhj-WM?si=wudh4EzA1U8K9914

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I do BJJ, just started muay thai, and in my 40s it's hard to find the energy for both lifting and martial arts. So, I've actually shifted to a slightly more bodybuildingy approach. More machines, more isolation work. I take things closer to failure, as well. I get just as sore locally in terms of the muscles but the, i dunno lets say systemic fatigue that comes from heavy squats and DLs I mostly bypass. My schedule is:

M: Lifting, back and biceps
T: BJJ, Muay Thai
W: Lifting, chest, shoulders, triceps
Th: BJJ, Muay Thai
F: Lifting, legs
Sa: Either off or open mat, depending on energy levels. I'm a CPA so my energy level has been dogshit for a while, because of working lots. It's also why I've been posting less. Very sad.
Su: Off.

I'm still quite fat because I eat too much bullshit. Slowly working on changing those habits.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

I do BJJ, just started muay thai, and in my 40s it's hard to find the energy for both lifting and martial arts. So, I've actually shifted to a slightly more bodybuildingy approach. More machines, more isolation work. I take things closer to failure, as well. I get just as sore locally in terms of the muscles but the, i dunno lets say systemic fatigue that comes from heavy squats and DLs I mostly bypass. My schedule is:

M: Lifting, back and biceps
T: BJJ, Muay Thai
W: Lifting, chest, shoulders, triceps
Th: BJJ, Muay Thai
F: Lifting, legs
Sa: Either off or open mat, depending on energy levels. I'm a CPA so my energy level has been dogshit for a while, because of working lots. It's also why I've been posting less. Very sad.
Su: Off.

I'm still quite fat because I eat too much bullshit. Slowly working on changing those habits.

My mother is also a CPA. How are you enjoying tax season plus the upcoming quarterly interest rates bullshit?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

My mother is also a CPA. How are you enjoying tax season plus the upcoming quarterly interest rates bullshit?

I am not enjoying anything about my work except the emails from Stripe saying customers paid us.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Cosmik Slop posted:

Taking sarms seems the equivalent of smoking gas station "legal weed" (like back in the day before actual weed was legal). Just asking to get poisoned by some uncontrolled chemical, the real stuff is safer and more effective

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

feelix posted:

Taking sarms seems the equivalent of smoking gas station "legal weed" (like back in the day before actual weed was legal). Just asking to get poisoned by some uncontrolled chemical, the real stuff is safer and more effective

Also probably cheaper lmao

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

U forgot the third part of this triumvirate it’s “lift big eat big poo poo big”

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Also acceptable thread title tia

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Actually PRd my squat by 2.5kg and did 217.5kg at about RPE9.5.
now I'm sad I didn't load up 220 and lifting 4 red plates

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

That just means you can go in feeling confident about 220kg next time.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Helios Grime posted:

Actually PRd my squat by 2.5kg and did 217.5kg at about RPE9.5.
now I'm sad I didn't load up 220 and lifting 4 red plates

Jesus, that's an impressive lift. I think I'd snap in two, good job.

I passed my 5th kyu exam last night and am now a full yellow belt. The exam nearly broke me, and I'm seeing where I need to shore up the weaker parts of my physical ability.

... I think I need to focus my gym sessions elsewhere, cause right now I'm built for strength, not cardiovascular stamina. God help me, I'm thinking of HIIT classes. What have I become?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Jesus, that's an impressive lift. I think I'd snap in two, good job.

I passed my 5th kyu exam last night and am now a full yellow belt. The exam nearly broke me, and I'm seeing where I need to shore up the weaker parts of my physical ability.

... I think I need to focus my gym sessions elsewhere, cause right now I'm built for strength, not cardiovascular stamina. God help me, I'm thinking of HIIT classes. What have I become?

thanks

You could start doing emom training and airbike/rowing intervalls. Those really are able to push your VO2Max up if you go hard. Sprinkle in some easygoing LISS stuff and you should be fine. It's what keeps me in good cardioshape in the winter until I can go hiking again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Helios Grime posted:

thanks

You could start doing emom training and airbike/rowing intervalls. Those really are able to push your VO2Max up if you go hard. Sprinkle in some easygoing LISS stuff and you should be fine. It's what keeps me in good cardioshape in the winter until I can go hiking again.

Hey, thanks for the recs! I'll chat with my trainer about how to incorporate those.