Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Helios Grime posted:

Goon stumbles over hypertrophy/bodybuilding workout to not get big and bulky, is now the next in line to get a pro card at the IFBB.

Luckily I spend multiple hours a week in the gym trying real hard to lift my weights and still feel weak and small.

Maybe he and I can switch

People laugh at your tiny calves while you're not paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I knew It!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lol @ training calves they ain’t gonna grow buddy

unless you balloon it up to 300+ for a year or two, do your normal walking around then come back down to 180, 200lbs. then you’ll get calves

you either gottem er ya dont

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Friend of mine spent his 20s playing DDR for many hours a day. He had Popeye calves

Still does really

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

redshirt posted:

I want to be strong and fast rather than some big muscle guy.

I'm strong and fast, ama

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

redshirt posted:

I want to be strong and fast rather than some big muscle guy.

Model your life after Lasha. He's strong, fast, and huge.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Helios Grime posted:

Goon stumbles over hypertrophy/bodybuilding workout to not get big and bulky, is now the next in line to get a pro card at the IFBB.

Luckily I spend multiple hours a week in the gym trying real hard to lift my weights and still feel weak and small.

Maybe he and I can switch

i accidentally looked at a weight that was too light and now i can't fit into my shirts anymore without them ripping open at the pecs :smith:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Model your life after B-Rock452. He's strong, fast, and huge.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

feelix posted:

Typical GBS fitness discourse

TenementFunster posted:

“oops, i accidentally turned into a big muscle guy because i was doing exercise the wrong way!” is such a loving classic goon attitude

i think its a more common mistake than that. many people seem to vastly over-estimate how much muscle they already have ("i just need to slim down a bit") and how easy it will be to gain more ("i don't want to get bulky")

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lol @ the idea that bodybuilders get huge from lifting a little baby weight too many times and aren’t strong

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Arnold never moved past the pink dumbbells they use in physical therapy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just started going to a bodybuilding focused gym and it’s a great place to make you feel real small. Also the dude has the best signs all over

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Casually Explained: Bodybuilding

Casually Explained: The World's Strongest Man

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I came up with my new He-Man name it’s Lunk-or

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

It's true. Years ago I wandered away from the cardio machines and instantly added 30 lbs of muscle

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Chief McHeath posted:

lol @ the idea that bodybuilders get huge from lifting a little baby weight too many times and aren’t strong

They arent, and all those muscles wont help em in da streets

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chief McHeath posted:

There was a goon that thought this meant professional body builders couldn’t do a single pull up.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Chief McHeath posted:

the secret ingredient is steroids

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

the secret ingredient is steroids

Bodybuilders:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i wanna be strong as fuk

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Start by drinking one gallon of milk a day.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Also acceptable thread title tia

apoligeies for this delay, i just noticed this thread today. ticket closeed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also lol at the c;lassic "im afraid to start playing basketball because what if i dunk too hard and break the backboard". i cant believe that this is still real. i actually hear it irl quite a bit too

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
getting big and strong is actually incredibly easy and a lot of people do it accidentally

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
the big dudes who lift weights all the time only do it because they get off on it like arnold

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

apoligeies for this delay, i just noticed this thread today. ticket closeed.

The people's IK, thank you! :tipshat:

I'm stuck between two titans of physical fitness: lifting and practicing karate.

Philosophically I'm more aligned with Karate, but it's more cardio than strength training. Habitually, I'm more used to waking at 0430 so I can lift between 0530 and 0700. I've been on a seven day schedule from Sunday to Saturday, which goes karate, lifting, karate, rest, karate, lifting, lifting.

I probably need more rest in there, and really just need to make the most of my remaining days in the gym.

First world problems.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

The people's IK, thank you! :tipshat:

I'm stuck between two titans of physical fitness: lifting and practicing karate.

Philosophically I'm more aligned with Karate, but it's more cardio than strength training. Habitually, I'm more used to waking at 0430 so I can lift between 0530 and 0700. I've been on a seven day schedule from Sunday to Saturday, which goes karate, lifting, karate, rest, karate, lifting, lifting.

I probably need more rest in there, and really just need to make the most of my remaining days in the gym.

First world problems.

Karate has a nicer community imo, lifting is more of a solitary sport (unless you're the kind of person who brings friends and such)

either are top choices to stay fit, gl goon

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Put it this way when you tell a girl you lift vs telling a girl you do karate.

The choice is pretty clear.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MarcusSA posted:

they won't care but some dude who overhears will not leave you alone?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off
Don't tell normal people how you got jacked. They don't care.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Boogan posted:

Don't tell normal people how you got jacked. They don't care.

Also if they ask change the subject or just agree with their guess because it's not going to be a fun conversation 99% of the time

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
add a third guy who does BJJ but looks like the second guy except he’s wearing an ankle monitor from a DV arrest

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

TenementFunster posted:

add a third guy who does BJJ but looks like the second guy except he’s wearing an ankle monitor from a DV arrest

BJJ is good.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
fuckwit

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

*snort laugh*

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
BJJ is good but it's pretty undeniable that it attracts a type of guy

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Dum Cumpster posted:

Also if they ask change the subject or just agree with their guess because it's not going to be a fun conversation 99% of the time

One guy wanted to know how I lost weight and if it was keto. When I told him I tracked my calories and chose satiating foods he dead rear end turned around and walked away without saying a word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

leftist heap posted:

BJJ is good but it's pretty undeniable that it attracts a type of guy

Powerlifters that realized they peaked already?