Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a workout "ethos" and I'm sure it's been done before, but this is it:
I lift weights almost every day, but lighter weights, and only one set with a higher rep count.
I do so with slow and methodical form to maximize the lifts, but I also do this workout at high pace.
I take no breaks, or, as breaks I do things like squats or steps or side steps. Always moving.
Such that's its like a cardio workout, or close to it, but with weights. And while I fully realize the weights aren't heavy and massive, I am lifting almost every day. With good form.

So, has this idea already been done by someone else? I'd love to know about it if so..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

why dont you lift heavy weights....?

I want to be strong and fast rather than some big muscle guy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

Get into olympic weightlifting, high rep ranges are usually for hypertrophy (muscle mass building) and make you bigger

Isn't this the opposite of what I was talking about?

Weight lifting is so weird.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hi rep, low weight, daily high energy like almost aerobics