Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

It's not even that hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Smell his recumbent bike seat when he leaves and absorb some of the pepperoni gains he left behind.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Defiant Sally posted:

Speaking of drug abuse my doc recently prescribed me some Adderal 30's and holy loving LOL @ when you take them and also take pre workout.

Mesomorph and Vyvanse is the ultimate. Adding in Hemavol allows me to ascend beyond the heavens and sit atop a throne of speakers playing Bolt Thrower.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Please don't kill yourself chester.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Front raises aren't bad for your shoulders though? Upright rows are just stupid.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

RIP Dallas McCarver.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Rip Rich Piana.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

A fine day to squat.
Blood fire deadlift.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Gym is closed until at least Tuesday. Might as well curl debris from the hurricane and get a pump that way.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

You need to listen to bolt thrower at a higher volume then.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

This just in, bubble guts are the new craze! Dadbods in again and abs are out!

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Yeah Hemavol is feeling weaker than it used to. I picked up 8 bottles on sale for like 5 dollars a bottle but it's expired and a loving disgusting tangerine flavor. Anything for the pumps.

Also, to guy who needs lifting music, BOLT THROWER

Cobra Commander fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 25, 2017

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Bought a Bluetooth pair of headphones from AliExpress and they would randomly turn themselves on when conversations would happen at home when I wasn't using them. They'd also die after I was certain that they had a full charge. Maybe that battery life was conserved so that the Chinese government can listen in to me?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Try using a V handle and do ultra slow reps with a strong contraction at the bottom and a complete stretch at the top. My lats are fried after my sets of pull downs.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

No

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Kroc rows on the dumbbell rack but take the heaviest dumbbell to the spot where everyone needs dumbbells.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I’ve yet to find a gym in my area that is ok with chalk. I sneak it in anyway because I’m a bad man.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Shed blood for Satan listening to Nunslaughter deadlifting today by ripping off a callus.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Am I missing something? I wouldn't doubt it cause I can be a retard

Either way, I'll drop it

No, this is exactly the problem!

gently caress everyone whining about deadlifts. Turn up your edm Coldplay remixes and get back to your circuit training.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Salami isn’t the be all end all.

Burritos are far better. Benched my heaviest and for the most amount of reps after eating a huge and delicious burrito. Salami ain’t never done that for me.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Suffer the searing pump from pull-ups. Back has grown to be the only day i enjoy lifting, solely because of how fun it is. I have developed some freak ability to train back at least 4 times a week and get a monstrous workout every time.

My dream of becoming so lat based I can curl into a lat ball when confronted with a potential foe is going quite well.

Get better at doing pull ups by doing them first before any other grip/back movement. Do them until you can’t do them anymore and then start your back day. This methodology has lead to this fat poo poo slaughtering twinks at pull-ups.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

That’s some CrossFit poo poo. SOUND THE LUNK ALARM.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

For years I’ve done all back training with a thumbless grip and it’s gotten to a point where I do deadlifts with a thumbless grip. I’m seemingly weaker when incorporating thumbs into rows, pull ups, and deadlifts. I try to reincorporate thumbs into my lifts but my brain moves it out of the way a few reps into the movement.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Zev posted:

Other ideas for costumes for an overweight lifter (sometimes)goon and his normal wife?

E Honda and Chun Li

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

feelix posted:

shut the gently caress up

Lmao sounds like you can only curl 30s

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Had to take time out of the gym due to work and getting my licenses in order and now that I’ve slowly been getting back into routine I’m now going to get tatted and that’ll put me out for a little again.

I’m the weakest piece of poo poo with great mind muscle connection when I lift now.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Schwa posted:

My appendix exploded while I was working in South America and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital. Lost 20+ pounds and I'm not supposed to lift anything over 20 lbs for a while...

I was so close to a 450 squat. I guess I'll start back up on a linear program when I can lift again to try to regain some strength and then transition back to running 5/3/1 forever. Looking forward to it! Kinda sucks not being able to do much.

I suggest deload back to the bar, work on your form, read starting strength (again), and GOMAD

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Ill show you a neck workout *crotch chops*

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I clap up chalk dust before I shitpost and I don’t use my hands.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

david carmichael posted:

Sleep more and sleep better.

Also listen to Sleep more. Dopesmokerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

UnfurledSails posted:

If your dog dies from your diet, reconsider

I eat lots of onions on the regular.... this doesn’t seem like a sound theory.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Getting back in the gym consistently after 6 weeks out from straining some poo poo in my back, :feelsgood:

Glad you're back to the weights, be mindful of your body and get beefy boi!

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Diet talk loving sucks. I’m going to the gym now to train legs and I’ll be listening to the new Teitanblood album and Uada’s latest.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

High rep back day LETS G(R)O(W)! The black metal band Midnight has a song called Rip This Hell and I can only hear RIPPED AS HELL. It’s one of my go to songs to get pumped.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

We hit biceps and forearms yesterday but life is short. It’s time to hit all parts of the arm including triceps today. We got your curls, we got your grips, and we got your pushes. We are going to get beefy, alright? Alright.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Plateauing? I prescribe more salami.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Dear gym thread,

This is old news but still relevant, Judas Priest is great tunes to lift to.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Have you tried sitting down with dumbbells?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Wtf do rich people personal trainers actually do that is so much more effective than what I can do, especially with researching programming on my own and nutrition?

The personal trainer poo poo always seemed dumb as gently caress to me as to how actors get jacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

After two months of scrounging up gym equipment for my garage I have finally gotten around to picking up a belt. I never figured it was all that necessary because I am a short person (barely 5'6") not lifting a lot. I hit a PR squat today at 280 lbs - lol. But that's six reps all the way down in the last set of six.
My deadlift, squat, and box squat all went up 20-25 lbs pretty effortlessly just by belt use. My lower back is not quite as strained/DOMSy as before.
It seems to provide good stability for split squats and bent over rows. Is there anything else I should be using it for?

Edited to add some weight numbers in.

For holding your aging gut in and standing around talking to boomers while it’s on holding said gut in.