Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Winnie the poo poo posted:

just one and that was my old gym. most ppl there would just stare openly and or stare at my ex

Was his rear end better than yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
It's Sunday and I'm in the gym doing reps for Jesus.

He's my Mexican boytoy.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I'm at the gym right now seeing somebody working out in jeans. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks. I think there must be a nest or something.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I've started up running and I'm actually liking it. Please send a hitman to relieve me of my sins.

I did 10k last saturday after doing chest and arms for 2h. It is sad that I get a better endorphin rush from cardio than being in the gym. :(

^^^^Don't hate, because of them I feel bigger than usually.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

The gym was packed yesterday and there was a guy with his girlfriend doing tricep extensions on the one single benchpress station in the gym. So I walk up and ask If I can use the bench press inbetween their stuff. The guy seems really reluctant but agrees

And just like that, like four other dudes approach at the same time after having seen me ask for the bench and ask if they can also work in lol. Of course they could NOT, 3 people using a station is enough

u snooze u loze

I love seeing people wanting to use a machine/station that is being used but don't have the guts to ask to work in or how long they are taking.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

FedEx Mercury posted:

Beating a fat guy with a barbell would be a great core workout.

But don't use a hammer or else it will look like you are doing crossfit.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

89 posted:

I won't make anymore posts on here about my videos, but this one is more definitive of how I'm gonna be making them. My first two were to basically get my dick wet.

Here's my chili with some solid macrossssss:

Please stop putting your dick into your food.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I noticed that 2 of the regulars at my gym are hooking up now (the 2nd couple in a short timeframe).

My question is how would you handle it who can stay at the gym and which one needs to look for a new one after the (inevitable) breakup?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

You do squats and whoever faints first will be foreverially banished from the lands. Proportionate weight of course so girls stand a chance. No PWO allowed. The local gymboss will referee the event

Squats are way too normal for such an occasion. Something more exotic should be used.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Dum Cumpster posted:

Can we focus more on this?

quote:

Sally

I can't get off on my own hugeness by myself as my body dismorphia kicks in with nor reference material close by. I always need a normal (i.e. twink) person next to me to get my blood flowing.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Dear god, one of the ladies at my gym put on so much perfume I feel like I have been brutalized with a vanilla flavored baseball bat.:barf:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Why does that matter?

poo poo she literally leaves a scentpath that you could follow blind.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I would love to speak to a fit lady at the gym but I don't want to be rejected and make things awkward and then have to switch gyms

:spergin:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I empty myself into the gym to ascertain dominance.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
After dragging around lower back aches (caused by ego lifting) for half a year I'm finally pain free again.

Blackroll ftw.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Fartbox posted:

hehe, you cant put a foam roller in your butt silly

:stare:

or can you

:catstare:

Constipated posted:

I will never go without a foam roller of some sort ever again. Once in a blue moon someone will ask me what it is and I'll say its my dildo, but I think I need a bigger one :haw:

Well if you go by his username there may be some issues.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Pesmerga posted:

There is no such thing. There's only the rep you missed, or the weight that was lacking. :smith:

Some of you guys are sad sacks of shits.

Just stand next to some scrawny nerd and feel better about yourself.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Fartbox posted:

There will always be someone next to you who makes you feel like u are the scrawny nerd

Theres this guy in my gym who got forearms that are as big as my upper arms

i wistfully stand in the gym and stare at his marvelous body

not in a gay way though

i just like to look at mens bodies. Naked preferably, so I can see more of their bodies

not in a gay way though

See there is your problem.

Just embrace it and be gay.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Fartbox posted:

I have a leg day

Singular.

There is your problem.
Man I'm on a roll today with fixing your issues.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Fartbox posted:

Well I assume I hit legs on my deadlift day as well, i just dont count it as a leg day really

:mediocre:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

Try to get that drinking down to one or two ragers a week instead. You want intensity rather than frequency.

Going "down" to 1-2 beers a night means that you were/are an alcoholic. Congrats on cutting back tho Drunk Driver Dad, I guess.

Also just that we are clear, I'm not opposed to drinking. Just that the ammount and frequency should be on the lower end.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Was visiting Columbus with a couple of friends, they wanted to go into the Lululemon there. As I was standing around waiting the employees could see the disdain on my face.
The normally chipper and happy employees that checked in with / talked to everyone else in the store multiple times didn't even bother saying hi to me.

Get hosed, Lululemon.

Replace lululemon with female and you got an r/incel post.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I'm able to squat and deadlift more than 2 plates painfree again after almost 3/4 year of my back being a whiny baby.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Just don't drop the warm up weights on your neck.

Sounds like you speak from experience .

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I want to spice up my workout again, what is your favourite program that I can do over 5 days a week?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Psycho Society posted:

what's some good stuff to mix plain whey isolates (ON gold) with. I got it instead of chocolate because i'm illiterate apparently

Frozen Berries?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Some monday motivation for all of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

:stoked:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

I'm just gonna quote myself here cause that video needs to be on this page too.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

when I tweaked my lower back at work I went the doctor to be safe. He said I could basically go back to doing squats as soon as I wanted as long as it didn't hurt to squat. The tweak made it super loving tight though, I had to spend like 6 days constantly stretching to get it to go back to normal. Have you tried stretching? Glute stuff,it band, hamstrings, yoga poo poo like cat/cat, child's pose, etc etc etc.

I'll add to use the blackroll to get any "knots" out. It helped me immensely when I had a similar issue.

Just to add to the annecdotes, my backproblems probably came from having a thight piriformis in my rear end that caused issued on the sciatic nerve. So maybe look farther then just the lower back area.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Have you guys seen Generation Iron 2?

Seeing Rich Piana talking about how he gives himself 5 more years on his then current lifestyle is a bit surreal.

Also do all Aussies sound braindamaged like that Calum guy?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

god almighty i did a workout with axel bar deadlifts

my forearms

I put fatgrips on the bar for the warm up sets on DL (only on the first 2 sets). You get hilariously bad gripstrength because of those few centimeters.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

canned from the band posted:

whats the point in having kai greene in stranger things 2 if he's wearing clothes the entire time???

I only have watched the first 5 episodes, does he show up again? I only caught a quick glimpse at the start but was to lazy to rewind to make sure it was really him.

Good for him that he got a small role.

Sludge Tank posted:

is anyone else usually really weak after a deload week? My deadlifts today were certainly not exceptional. :smith:

Not really deload but I notice that my CNS is the main issue in heavy lifts after a break. I just feel very weak and unstable on something that went without a hitch 2-3 weeks before. And I don't think muscles disintegrate that fast, even if it is me.

Helios Grime fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 30, 2017

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Also BCAA supplementation is almost certainly snakeoil.

https://examine.com/supplements/branched-chain-amino-acids/

So save that money as well.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Sludge Tank posted:

Good thing I was still wearing my PL belt

Next time wear an armblaster

Also the whole only train main lifts/ never do legs poo poo is getting boring and outdated.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Sludge Tank posted:

What is your definition of a main lift if you mean "never do legs"?!

I ment it as a divider. The people that only swear on squats, bench and DL, as well as the people that only train upper body are both dumb (I'm talking general populace).

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Dum Cumpster posted:

That website is pathetically taking advantage of people like you. It swings way to far in the "no one is natural" direction. It's the Jason Blaha of websites.

Couldn't say it better.

Also I find it funny that he is making GBS threads on the whole industry for lying but turns around telling you to buy his book cause it is the one true gospel.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Chief McHeath posted:

He's not wrong that most of the online personas who make it a point to say "I'm clean bro" every time a camera is on are lying shitheads though.

Dat dere CellTech

Just because he isn't wrong about some points doesn't make his website a-ok.

Come on, he is using "redpill" in a non-ironic way.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Don't gently caress where you workout? Or at least make sure who can keep the gym after the break-up beforehand.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I have no respect for people that drop dumbbells lighter than 55lbs.

It's also always the guys that then look around afterwards like they did some new strongman PR.

:mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I'm seeing that all the time in my gym.

On my good days I give them a benefit of a doubt that they really are that weak.