Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I tried giving up on everything but that was exhausting so I just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

a mysterious cloak posted:

Bench bodyweight, strains a trap taking off shirt.

I pulled my shoulder trying on a pair of jeans (they were a little too small)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Man, that just kept going.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

failed my last set on the bench today w/o a spotter, and i think in the 15~ seconds i was struggling to not have the weight fall on me before someone noticed i hosed up my shoulder somehow :smithicide:

You shouldn't have been struggling for 15 seconds. On my phone but can somebody link that one roll of shame video that was posted a bunch in ylls a while back?

gently caress it, found it myself https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk

Holy balls pasting a link in this app is awful

Garrand fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 13, 2016

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

buddhanc posted:

My resolution is to join the 4 plate deadlift club and look fat doin it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

drat, I don't remember what it was like last year but my gym was packed this afternoon. I was hoping it would be slower on new years eve itself at least. Shouldn't have waited so long; should have just gone this morning.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Are they taking the inverse of the idea and trying to train ankle flexibility?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'd watch myself in the mirror but there's always this fat sack of poo poo who keeps blocking my line of sight

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I just want to be less than 300 lbs. :(

I know what I need too do to do it but boy I just don't have a lot of willpower

Also a 405 deadlift would be nice

Also my gym was packed at 10 am on a thursday which is loving annoying. I got my workout in but there were like 3 people at the dB racks taking up all 5 benches there somehow.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I don't care about aesthetics (or opening the window) so I straight up duck taped the curtains to the wall.

Velcro tape or command strips will look cleaner, and command strip won't damage the paint although they are more l8kely to come off after a while.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Just lol if you're not squatting with a 45 hanging off your raging erection

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

that's a book, I had it as a kid

It's also in that weird al song about palindromes

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Is there a secret you Englishman aren't telling us about?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

So what's the deal with hoodies in the gym? It's a classic image at this point but is there actual logic to wearing a hoodie while training in a gym?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Why is that video quality so bad?

https://i.imgur.com/zNQ4Zd4.gifv

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

This is going to sound really loving stupid but for context I'm a fat man who grew up a fat kid raised by fat parents.

I was driving home from the gym today and was scratching my arm when I realized it felt really firm and that my couple years going to the gym, even inconsistently, has built a bunch of muscle and I was just embarrassingly pleased with myself as I sat there groping my arm on the steering wheel. I'm still fat and have a lot of progress to make but that very tangible evidence of success is really motivating.

I wanted to tell someone but couldn't tell anybody I know IRL without feeling really stupid so it's going here.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I hit my last squat pr listening to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJXQSBWO5Qc

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm skipping like 3000 posts just to say I'm back in the gym after ages not being able to go.

I got so fat I literally had to do sumo deads because my stomach got in the way of normal ones.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

My new gym isn't as nice as my old one but there's a noticeable difference now that I'm not in a major college town. The few people that I even see there at night just want to get their poo poo done and go.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone else here go to an anytime fitness? Do they all have that overpowering... I don't want to say perfume scent but it's nose burningly strong.

Also the wifi here is worse than my 4G connection

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm a couple pages late but to the person who suggested bronkaid I just wanted to say that primatene is better if you're going that route.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

My music tastes are probably pretty tame compared to some of you but I just found this song and literally looped it for my entire gym session. It's like my ideal workout song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63NdYQngxgs

Which may also be because it has the same kind of feel as Heavy Day, one of my other favorite workout songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqTIEfHyKfo

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

I have no fuckin idea what was going on in this rack before I came in today.

Everything, by the looks of it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I used to wear gloves, a long time ago. I was weak af.

i'm still weak af but I just don't wear gloves anymore

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

My most embarrassing moment was one of my first times to the gym and getting trapped under the bar and silently staring at a nearby gym guy until he noticed me and ran over to help.

I thanked him and basically ran away from the gym.

It was 95 pounds

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Not enough people know the roll of shame.

Definitely one of the first things you should learn if you regularly lift alone

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not usually one to watch or judge other gym goers but there was this guy deadlifting 95lbs and he had to be more than dropping them, it sounded like he was flinging them into the ground. I literally don't know how you make that much noise with that much weight.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

There's a reason the powerlifting thread was titled "Everyone gets a trophy"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Now instead of lying down on a sweaty bench it's sweaty with a chance of corona!

People were already awful at cleaning up after themselves before, i have no faith in them being any better now.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

RamboMoe posted:

You can't roll of shame 400 lbs

I get out of bed every morning just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I remember doing that years ago back when the powder thread was recommending like a dozen different tapes. Take your powders, mix them all in the ratios you're looking for into a large tub and then just really thoroughly shake it up. Bought like a lb of caffeine and most of it went to waste when I gave up doing that like 6 months later.