Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I hosed up, been focusing so much on my bepis that it is now noticeably bigger than my balls or taint. Looks weird as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dum Cumpster posted:

Do people just stalk the leper's colony looking for bans they don't agree with to try to rile up the posters in whatever thread they've never posted in before?

Yeah that’s why I’m here

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i am bench

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I make bench

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you're going to add inclined bench do people generally replace some of their flat bench sets with it or add a whole new set of sets?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What if my goal is to be really good at pushing away fat men that are attacking me from above

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nooner is unswole I am new king of thread

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It's likely nobody cares about this but getting a decent selection of change plates has been my white whale for the last three months and Rogue now has everything back in stock except 5 pounders. For quite a while they had none, and before that they only had 2.5s.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When those plate loaded pulley system things say stuff like this do they really mean it or is it more of a cover your rear end type thing: "Warning: Any Rack or Rig utilizing the Slinger attachment must be securely fastened to the floor for use."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

It's likely nobody cares about this but getting a decent selection of change plates has been my white whale for the last three months and Rogue now has everything back in stock except 5 pounders. For quite a while they had none, and before that they only had 2.5s.

And now they have the 5 pounders so I get to place a second order and probably pay extra shipping charges. Oh well, I guess you can't put a price on looking like morbidly obese Hercules.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Those were the second to last piece of the puzzle for me I think. The last will be some sort of pulley deal, I always loved lat pulldowns and low rows when I worked out all the time back when I had nearly infinite free time in high school and college.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Guyver posted:

loving chicken shortage has 40lbs cases of blsl breasts at $84 now.

Might as well spend the extra $1/lbs and get whole eye of round or brisket.

I really dont understand strength training terminology, but I'm learning.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've been stuck on 90x5x5 curls for a month.

I think it might just be because some accessory muscles aren't quite there yet like upper bicep or shoulder to get the bar up that last couple inches, I'm still getting noob gains on practically every other exercise I do so until I start slowing down on gains on the other exercises I'm not going to really worry about it.

I'm probably also at the point where I should do some more research into my program beyond "what my weight lifting friend told me in a 5 minute conversation" and "whatever I feel like doing."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Guyver posted:

Try doing five sets of eight now.

That's the thing, a month ago I could barely do 90x5x5 and this morning I could still barely do 90x5x5. Tbf I haven't actually tried to do 90x5x8 (or 95x5x5) but it's because I'm still so close to not being able to do 90x5x5. But you're right, I should at least try because I really haven't.

I really think maybe some of it is that for whatever reasons my biceps were already/still pretty strong relative to the rest of me and the rest of my upper body is having to catch up.

There's also an arm/nerve injury involved so some of it is that my left arm is weaker than my right arm and I could be hitting some kind of limit with regard to that.

MarcusSA posted:

You need to do different curl variations.

Hammers ect ect

I’ve never been the biggest fan of barbell curls. The DB ones just feel like they work a lot better for isolating things.

That is a good idea I will try this. My DB sitch isn't as good as my BB but still probably enough for now. Worst comes to worst I just use one DB at a time.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm pretty sure my form is good. It's probably not perfect but my back and arm injuries almost make it so I can't have really lovely form (there's no jerking or rocking or momentum because doing that would hurt) and spending 9 weeks in a neck brace has accustomed me to keeping my spine and head and neck straight and aligned.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alright I was curious so I took a video of my form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwG2ipFRgfo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I started with just the bar doing OHP but in my case it’s because I was rehabbing from my left arm being 100% paralyzed.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why does rogue use white for both the ten pound and 1.25 pound change plates why didn’t they use red for one of them I don’t know if I can stand having them in my house every time I look at them I start crying

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hosed by the metric system again

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 8, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

They use oly plate colors:

0.5kg/5kg: white
1kg/10kg: green
1.5kg/15kg: yellow
2kg/20kg: blue
2.5kg/25kg: red

Those correspond to their about pound colors.

thank you knowing theres a reason for it makes me feel better about it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Batterypowered7 posted:

Gonna get so swole between this, the Monkey Feet, and that one Kickstarter contraption that looks like a bow.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I been lifting for 3 months basically doing SL5x5 what's a good next step for an intermediate level program I would like to eventually look like this guy

what about the first one here I'll have to modify it a little bit based on my equipment but probably not much

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw66.htm

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I want you both to have bigger dumpers

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got my new squat rack and it is good and makes me strong and it means I can bench without worrying about dropping the bar on my neck

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That is a lot.

I like OHP, it makes me feel strong. It's also the first exercise where when I first started and was working up to my 5RM I did 4x95 3x95 3x95 and then the next week did 5x95 5x95 5x95 and felt good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

To anyone that does lat pulldowns what kind of workout weight are you at vs bench or OHP? Obviously it'll vary but I haven't done lat pulldowns in 20 years and I just want a vague idea what kind of weight I should prepare for like 100% of bench, 70% of bench, 125% of bench, etc.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This reminded me that there's a picture of me OHP my cousin like 15 years ago and she still laughs about it and I kind of want to ask her how much she weighed so I have a 1RM goal but she was kind of chubby and I'm afraid she'll take it the wrong way.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm asking because I'm thinking of buying a pulley system and want to make sure the physics works out like I'll safety strap the thing to the wall if I have to but I don't think I can bolt it to floor because its a tensioned slab and also my gf gets mad at me when I drill holes through the carpet but if I'm only going to be lat pulldowning like 200 pounds I'm pretty sure I'm safe because the rack weighs like 350 and has another 300 pounds of weight and poo poo hanging off the back of it. I'll build a platform if I have to but I don't really think it's gonna be a problem until I get a lot stronger.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

me too. And it should be pretty obvious pretty quick if I'm not gonna be like I'll prepare to scurry out from under it the first few reps.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Found another solution

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Finally hit a PR on my OHP and broke 185.

OHP is a fuckin bitch.

that was one rep? What's your normal workout weight?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dead lifted 585 15 times today.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wait are you supposed to include your body weight

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This charity event is BULLSHIT and DISCRIMINATORY and FAT SHAMING

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I did bench, inclined bench, and ohp all in one workout for the first time and my shoulders are fuckin dead.

doing ohp inside my rack the rack is just barely tall enough for me not to hit the bar against it which means if I tilt at all or get off center the weights hit it and it's loving annoying. The alternative though doing it outside the rack I have to take three big steps back to avoid hitting the ceiling fan which is also loving annoying.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

Throw a horse trailer mat in there to stand on.

Why

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My back hurts

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

went from curling 90 3x5 to curling 100 3x4, based on this and some other experiments I can lift any amount of weight as long as it's only 3 or 4 reps going to go straight to curling 200 pounds next workout.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe I put a couple mats down and put the rack on them and then cut a hole in them where I stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I want to get a wall mount rack and then I’ll stand in between it and my flat foot rack to do OHP but lately my gf is screaming at me about how the house is filled entirely with all my workout poo poo and computer poo poo and home theater poo poo and gun poo poo and collectible lego sets and she doesn’t have any room for her stuff which tbf is 100% accurate but it’s because all my stuff is good and useful and all her stuff is literal trash that should go to the landfill.