Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

mobby_6kl posted:

Is there some kind of new barefoot epidemic fad that I missed? Seems like half of the population isn't wearing any shoes and some skip the socks too

Get some shoes, you bums.
gotta be a tiktok/influencer thing, as with all weird gym trends since March 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Batterypowered7 posted:

Chuckling at the thought of someone wondering why their clothes keep fitting tighter and tighter, not realizing they've been doing hypertrophy work the entire time.
“i don’t want to get too bulky”

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
“oops, i accidentally turned into a big muscle guy because i was doing exercise the wrong way!” is such a loving classic goon attitude

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i don’t know about you guys, but i definitely have the latent genetic superpowers that would make me an immediate contender for Mister Olympia, so i dare not lift anything heavier than a 2 liter of Code Red, in order to spare humanity from this horrifically unfair advantage that lurks within my superior DNA

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
add a third guy who does BJJ but looks like the second guy except he’s wearing an ankle monitor from a DV arrest

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
this weekend I got a spot from my boy, something awful forums member XIII, and my PR went from 225 -> 275. gonna try to hit 300 by july before old age finally takes me

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i’m now soaking in the bathtub now because my poo poo is all hosed up, naturally

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

275 is a good lift drat

It's unreal how much a spot can help. One day I'll believe in myself as much as I believe my spotter will save me from a slow death by compression in case I gas out.
i hit 225 last february or so and i’m repping that like 6-8 times max per set. i just needed the smell of my boy’s nuts to motivate me to throw on some more weight

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Sniffing nuts sounds easier than self-love, might just try that
it’s the best part about getting a spot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Buschmaki posted:

He believes intelligence is an inherited trait
well i bet his dad is pretty loving dumb, too