Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

That said you can always learn new things! Today I found out from the trainers at my gym if you fill up the leg press there is enough space on top to hold an olympic bar and add more weight. ABTNL always be trying new lifts..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Try doing your lateral raises one armed while leaning at an angle by holding onto something with your off arm.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Yeah I wasnt trying to poo poo on anyone. You should be bent forward slightly I agree with that video. It does take longer to do it 1 armed so if you are in a crunch for time just get what you can do done. I like em because it eliminates a lot of the use of the lats and focuses squarely on the shoulder if you are angled.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I do crossfit in the morning for cardio. It is a good replacement for HIIT and a lot more interesting.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Sometimes you gotta put down the salami and pick up the broccoli and chicken.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

#circuslife

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Soreness isnt a sign of injury, it is actually something you should be happy about.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Leg day in the gym. Knocked out some sumo squats 8x3 at 315 then did some barbell lunges, elevated close leg deads, leg curls and extentions. Trying to really kill my hamstrings. Hopefully I can stick to this morning cardio, clean up my diet and lose all this fat I put on this year. Namaste yall.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

The guys i know who have nice calves and didn't start out overweight (this is cheating imho) focused on hitting calves from all three angles, this means you need to do each exercise with internal and external rotation at your ankle. If you only do it from a neutral position it probably won't grow.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Yeah, I was a thin guy growing up even when I played sports. 135 @ 5'11. I'm 160 now and can still knock out 25-30 rep wide grip pullups so I've never really been overweight. What can I supplement with besides the high-rep leg press calve raises? I'm not sure how to target all three areas.
Why do you think high reps is the way to go versus high weight until failure like any other muscle. Why would the calves behave differently then your shoulders or your quads?

When I say external rotation and internal rotation of the ankle I mean just that. You should do a set with your feet pointed outside then forward then towards the inside.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Not sure, my quads and shoulders are blowing up so I guess I''ll try 10-12 reps and go heavier this month. Ah, so just change my stance? Got ya. I just have a lot of free time this month so I'm putting in as much work as I can in the gym. I'm probably going to end up running a SARM this month just so I can recover faster because gently caress it.
It's a marathon not a sprint.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

And from deadman hangs to crossfit.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

You sound like the perfect canidate for winstrol.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I think DDD just has a super low threshold for pain and what everyone else considers manageable and/or growth associated pain DDD considers debilitating.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Worked up to a 315 bench for 5 then dropped down to 225 8x3 with a super wide grip, killed my inner chest especially since I followed it up with some cable flys. Finished with some decline in the smith, incline db super slow, and a couple triceps exercises.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

How old are you and how long have you been lifting. That will make it a lot easier to help you tiny baby sub 200lb goon.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Hey listen I have morals and I am ALL NATURAL not a fuckin' CHEATER. *rails a 6in line of jack3d* *pops 8 TEST BOOSTER pills you got off a euro website* *injects research chemicals subcutaneously because I am a fuckin idiot*

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I am 100% serious when I say the 1950s steroids (tren test equipose etc.) are much safer then RESEARCH CHEMICALS (NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION) because at least you know the long term effects and that they work versus gambling on doing something both less effective and with questionable results so you can get by on a technicality.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Creatine is one of the few supps that have legit research studies behind it that endorse its effectiveness.

Did a single at 495 for squats today then worked back down to 3 sets of 315x8. Leg day in an empty gym on a sunday is great because i can actually grunt loudly. I feel like if i hold poo poo in when i am heavy squating i am gonna have a fuckin aneurysm.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Everyone's body responds differently. I like to work up to a super heavy single on the compound lifts then drop down and do hypertrophy for that lift. Then do a bunch of isolation exercises because thats how my body responds best. Master your own body then go to the sauna and master a dude.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

No you can jerk off a dude 1st.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Did db press today 100lbs (highest my gym has ㅠㅠ) for 9, 8, then bombed out at 6. Dieting is lame. Also having alcohol on a daily basis seems insane to me, but I drink maybe 5 times a year so what do I know. *smirks humbly*

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

ALCOHOL IS FOR LOSERS! I FREAKIN SAID IT AND I STAND BY IT!

If South Korea had chain Mexican food I would be a much happier person.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Ur getting awfully defensive m8, anything u wanna admit?

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Imagine if someone said the same thing about Cherry Colas or Milkshakes that you are saying about beers. Then inform me how you would respond to them.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Idk. To me both are unhealthy things that shouldnt be consumed often. How do you see it?

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Defiant Sally posted:

Same but unironically and without a hint of humor.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I havebeen lifting in chucks since I started 10years ago and I squat and bench a lot. However Kai Greene always shills for these https://www.ryderwear.com/shoes.html so now that I have money I am gonna buy a pair. I will trip report whenever they show up 6 months from now since shipping to Korea blows.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

bamhand posted:

PRed with a 4 plate squat today. Am I strong yet?

Is this the correct depth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clkKVcOs3Y

Ended the year at 195/290/405/455 for OHP/BP/DL/Squat. Pretty happy with 5/3/1. I think I gained about 50 pounds on each.
Why is your squat higher then your deadlift?

Also I wish I could squat as deep as you, I can barely get below parallel. V. Nice.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

나도 나도

A lot of people talking about protein consumed without taking into account that not everyone needs the exact same thing to grow. I am a genetic freak like big poppa pump so I need 1g per lb and no one can tell me otherwise, everyone has a different body; if you've ever seen someone bench 3 plates with a 9th grade boys chest you would know that.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

GORDON posted:

That's actually pretty impressive... 3 plates is super lopsided and you'd have to be strong as hell to not fall over sideways. I admit I am a scrub who like always does an even number of plates. :(
Why do the plates have to weigh the same?

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

In Korea the policy is illegal to sell, not a crime to buy. Also I forgot about 25lb plates from the US out in Asia theyre 10kg plates.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I used to have abs and vascularity then I got married and no longer feel an obligation not to eat burger king every 3rd day.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I bought cheap ones at the advice of this thread and they snapped on a 500lb deadlift. Before that I had some from elitefts that lasted 8 years.

Also stop talking injuries in here. It is bad juju. I worked up to a 335x3 bench today then did a drop set of 275x6 225x8 135x12. That was my first exercise of they day so I was slogging through the rest of the workoutbecause I was gassed like a fat baby.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Pesmerga posted:

335? Bloody hell that's an amazing bench!

Meanwhile I failed my third rep on a 286lb deadlift.
Thanks it is all from my belief in Jesus Christ as my eternal saviour and also from lifting for ten years and eating a lot.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Legs today. 495x2 squat then dropped down to 315x8x3. There was a girl very impatiently waiting on the rack while I was squating, it looked like she really wanted to ask me how much longer I had left but she didnt want to risk trying to speak English so she just kind of did some empty barbell squats next to me passive aggressively to signal intent. She seemed very relieved when I finished like she she just outsmarted all her high school English teachers by moving the foreigner without having to open her mouth. Small wins I suppose.

Finished up with 135 walking lunges, 275 glute extensions (cut a loud fart on my last set but everyone was kind enough to not scowl at me), leg press, leg ext, and a half rear end attempt at some ab work.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I wouldnt deadlift and squat on the same day nowadays because theyre so taxing on your CNS. Everything else just comes from time, workout seriously for enough years and your recovery will be good enough that you never feel truly satisfied at the end of a workout.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

bamhand posted:

I'm never going to be strong.
It's a marathon not a sprint.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Still no snow out here in SK. Shoulders today, 225x10x3 seated press, seated lat raise, cable crossover, seated db 90x10x3, upright cable row, bb shrugs front the backwards.

Absolutely dead in the gym but it is Sunday. There was one old guy who looked like he was on THT and I wanted to ask him where his clinic was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Chest day today 315x6 on the decline then 275x10x2. Cable fly, db bench, incline smith, cable tricep pushdown, tricep dips. I am trying to do more sets these days IE 4 or 5. I have been in a real habit of doing 3 sets and then bouncing off but I figure an extra set would do me well.

The trainer who told me he is going to start a cycle was talking to me about how people are already canceling workouts with him in week two of the new year. Stay motivated new lifters if you are lurking. After 8 weeks it becomes habitual.