Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

ham_sanitizer posted:

what kind of conditioning stuff do you guys do and how often?

I practice posing for 15 minutes in a hot room until I lock up and a few people have to come and carry me out like im a cardboard cut out of a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Had a nice lil leg day today. 30min cardio, then leg press machine for warm up, deadlift 405x8x3, machine leg curls, plate loaded leg press, smith machine front squats, and then some calves and abs. Trying to do exclusivly 8+ reps on complex movements, and 12+ on iso these days to start dropping weight. I hope to stop being a chubby boy one day.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

My squats are very complex
We can do some iso work on our wrists in the sauna after

UnfurledSails posted:

smith machine front squats? why not just do regular front squats?
They're more comfortable to me because my wrists arent about doing the typical way to hold the bar with the high elboww, so I gotta do the crossing the arms thing to hold the bar which kills my front delts if it is reg front squats.

nooneofconsequence posted:

why do front squats at all
Quad focus since I did a bunch of hamstring work earlier.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Had a short shoulder day today. 30 min on the bike again while playing hearthstone, seated DB press 100x8x3, lat raise, upright row with ez curl bar, facepulls with vbar, smith machine seated press, shrugs using the curl machine, then some abs.

Went to get kbbq after and was severely disappointed that they only had the aged kimchi so I had a big solemn face on and the owner asked my wife if everything was ok and she told em I only like fresh kimchi so they gave me a big 5lb bag of fresh kimchi they just made to take home for free since I looked so unhappy. #blessed

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Im a big chubby 250lb boy so 100s aint even a bodyweight press.

Defiant Sally posted:

17 days. There's some Gold's in Osaka that do day passes for 2500 yen which is like $22.
Idk about japan but out here in korea its cheaper to get a 1 month membership instead of day passes if ur gonna be there more then 3 days.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I never realized German Volume Training was an actual 8 week program. Today I did 12 sets of 10 back squats at 225 because I only had 45 minutes in the gym before I had to duck out and whenever I have a small amount of time I always revert to doing 10x12 or 12x10 of my core exercise because a friend told me about it like 10 years ago. I finally looked up German Volume Training on the internet today and it's another one of those programs everyone always talks about with like supersets of 3 different exercises 10 times not one exercise 10 times. Anyways long story short just do a bodybuilding split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I asked a trainer at my gym to spot me on a 495x1 back squat and the guy said some bullshit about not having long enough arms to spot me correctly so he couldn't do it. I told him it was all good, no problem, etc, but I've actually never been angrier at someone in the gym.