Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Are deadlifts considered crossfit since it's almost a full body exercise? I do them for time. Usually about 45 minutes, with a couple minutes between sets of 5/3/1...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I think I injured everything all the time

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Lifting for hypertrophy.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Metanaut posted:

It's on purpose according to Wendler. Just completed my first cycle. DL was the easiest for me, did 11 reps on 3+ set and 8 on 1+.

I'm on my 3rd cycle and it definitely gets harder, that last work set is supposed to make you want to die. I came close to PR on a couple things last week but no cigar.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I too am having the big butt and legs problem. This is a good problem.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Winnie the poo poo posted:

until you need dress pants

True, but then you have the bragging point of "My legs are so awesome I had to have my pants tailored to fit :smug:"

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Nah, I can do them standing but I'd rather be an old bitch who doesn't continually cripple himself.

Don't you do the swole bro thing with like a cyborg heart or something? You're already ahead of DDD. He'd die in pre-op signing consents.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

LOL. Yes my heart is augmented but I was more talking about how I'm stronger than I am smart or durable and usually tear my dumb body apart chasing stupid strength goals.

Gotcha. Stay strong, cyborg-bro :respek:

sassassin posted:

16 year old girl with the perfect snatch.

:dogbutton:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Pon de Bundy posted:

son the only thing i eat right now is vicodin and having never taken one before in my life, i feel like somebody is giving me a really warm hug, im going to imagine its from a very swole man

Took that once a couple of years ago for a kidney stone. Didn't do anything except make me feel stupid. Maybe knocked the pain down from a 9 to an 8.

3/10, will crush and snort it next time

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Constipated posted:

Lol if you aren't taking at least 20-30 mg at once. I miss the warm opiate buzz, but not the constipation that comes with it. Not great to take on workout days either, but I'll be damned if it didn't make me an absolute speedy beast at work.

Be sure to superset it with oral roids, NSAIDs, and your liquor of choice for maximum hepatic effects

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Why not just take regular steroids man, less cancerous

Dum Cumpster posted:

You have a dangerously high opinion of goon intelligence.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

We made burritos at home on Monday or Tuesday. Mine were so big I could not actually hold them in my hand.

Burrito gains.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Suggest some clippers and a razor.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Decided to do boring but big sets after my normal amrap set yesterday on the heaviest week of the cycle... The DOMS are hilarious and my hunger for meats and burritos is insatiable

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeah that poo poo is annoying. "What do you mean you don't drink??! You're no fun." Yes the only way to have fun is with alcohol. I'm glad I'm old with a career and a family so I don't have to deal with idiots like that anymore.

I get that from one of my old college friends. She's a couple of years younger than me, but she still thinks a good time consists of eating at one of three chain restaurants and then smoking and getting poo poo faced after. I would say bless her husband for putting up with it, but he's so absent from her and his kids lives because "work" that... Ugh.

I drink a couple of times a year, but that's it.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Post workout is the best time to consume sugar!

Coincidentally sugar seems to taste better post workout as well. Chocolate whey with chocolate milk, erry day.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

0% chance you have low T dude

He's got even less chance than I did at age 46. But they'll go "Yeah we can tweak that to be more optimal. How would you like to pay?"

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 20, 2016

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Lay a bar with two plates across his chest. When he can push it off he can have the DB

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

89 posted:

if it's only like $25 a month with my insurance

:laffo:

Insurance will laugh harder than that, and add a zero to the end of the dollar amount

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Constipated posted:

Battlefield 1 on PC. If anyone plays that and wants to add me I'm Jfungus.

Will add you later.

Lifting suffering this week because all our patients think they will literally die if they don't see us at the last second for their minor aches that have been bothering them since 1973

:commissar:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

sassassin posted:

RIP this poo poo never gets better

Sure it does. I had it bad a few years ago, did PT at home, NSAIDS, and a cortisone injection. Never came back. And I'm over 40 :smug:

Tiny Lowtax posted:

When I was doing my medic clinicals a few years back we had this mid-50s woman come in. She was in good shape, and said she was having pain in her elbow. The Dr asked if she had been playing tennis recently, to which she replied yes, a few days ago. Dr told her it was tennis elbow and just to rest it, so she left.

Few hours later she was brought back into the hospital with CPR being performed. Turns out the elbow pain was just how her heart attack was presenting, and went into cardiac arrest shortly after she left the hospital. Oops.

Never seen an MI quite that weird, but did have a guy come in with his wife saying he had something stuck in his throat (they'd been eating at a nearby restaurant when it started). Nope, NSTEMI!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

89 posted:

How are TRT clinics legal?

I feel this is almost like getting a medical marijuana card.

You're under the care of a licensed physician, and they're prescribing stuff that's backed up by lab testing and your reported symptoms. As long as your T levels are in normal range or so, they're good.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I'm going to lift things next year that are progressively heavier than this year's things

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Acelerion posted:

Ain't no resolutionistas in my garage!

*freezes to death

Garage bro :respek:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Whats with the Chloe Moretz references, lately? Seen/heard it like 3 times recently but idgi

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

We can still squat, right?

Yes. Unless it hurts your elbow, then no.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Freezing rear end garage gym and deadlifts. Salami after, possibly during.

Is good.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

E_P posted:

Chest day today 31blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I'm at work but no gym. Although I do think I've figured out this patient's problem: knee pain due to being 5'2"and 340 pounds.

Stop eating, you fat gently caress.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Defiant Sally posted:

Second day back on a strength phase and I am certain that I am dying

Embrace it. Love it. Crave it.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Tolkien minority posted:

im really jealous of people who can just gain weight without even trying

Welcome to life after your 20s :swoon:

Get married, get strongfat, give no fucks, pray for death.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Lasher posted:

It's a whole vegan "new year" thing and this kid is saying, "Yeah you don't need protein as an adult anyway." I'm not getting involved in that one.

Is it that retarded vegan gains guy?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

sassassin posted:

4 weeks off was not enough time for my elbows to stop tennissing.

Deadlifts were a mistake.

I bet you're pulling a little with your arms instead of just using them as hooks.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hurt my back maybe deadlifting

If you're having boner problems because of a back injury, it's probably either nerve compression or muscle spasm causing issues. If I hurt my back and then started having sciatica and dick issues, I would go to a doctor. Just saying...

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I ain't rich bro!!

Did you go to a doctor ? How long should I give it

Never hurt my back, but we see tons of patients with low back pain.

I mean, as long as you're not pissing or making GBS threads yourself or have a numb crotch you can just rest and take some NSAIDS and see if that helps.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Unrelenting humiliation supplemented with physical assault is the cornerstone of motivating friends and family to unfuck themselves.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I have been crippled by lung disease for 2 weeks, because I am old and fragile.

By the Norse gods, I will lift tonight.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

What is "RP stuff" and should my old rear end look into it? Is it a diet template or something?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

They have templates you can buy, but they have a basic ebook you can buy for around 30 bucks IIRC. It's really useful. It goes into all the science and little details and also has a chapter for if you're like me and still don't understand everything, it'll breakdown what exact macros you need, etc. My main issue atm is actually getting myself to cook regularly to begin with.

That still does not tell me what RP means. Role playing? Retro peritoneal?

edit: oh, Renaissance Periodization. Worth it, goon lords, or no?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Deadlifts today. A dude set up 5 feet in front of me when we were literally the only two on the floor.

I think he needed a salami supplement.

Homie, eat the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Brofessors, I need your wisdom

I had surgery today and the doctor said I should reduce carb and fat intake a lot this first week of recovery

What am I supposed to eat?? I can probably cut down on carbs a lot by just going full carnivore and eating lots of meat and poo poo like bacon

Anyone got good ideas?

I would eat fewer carbs and fat?

What surgery did you have, a hysterectomy?