Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

doverhog posted:

As my foot hurt while doing them, I contemplated Aragorn, and Jesus. They both suffered hardship and pain but kept going anyway. Just a little tip for you guys in case a work out feels hard.

Fuel your lifts with unquenchable rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

barkbell posted:

after i started sleeping more, eating whole foods, and lifting the heaviest things i can i basically have no maladies anymore i dunno whats wrong with the rest of you

High school and college in the 80s and early 90s = more booze and drugs than I care to remember

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Weightlifting lets you feel good about yourself while simultaneously feel completely unsatisfied with yourself.

I lift because I hate my body, and I want to punish it.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I log every day around 10am, like clockwork

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Helios Grime posted:

Hey guys do we need this tendon?

That's actually a really cool gif - you can see that she can't plantar flex her foot after the tendon pops.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

What am I, a doctor?

I unracked the bar a little tight on my neck but it wasn't too uncomfortable, so I tried going with it. Oops. It was at the end of my session and I thought maybe I didn't eat enough, but I recovered quickly. I was mostly just working on form, which surprisingly is complete poo poo, so I luckily wasn't going too heavy. It's apparently not the most uncommon thing. You can find a bunch of videos on yt of dudes passing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-wE5BjHyY

That's vasovagal syncope, not compressing the major blood vessels that go to your head

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Helios Grime posted:

Don't you just love a good pump after back day?

Serious case of ILS right there

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

FYI - Squats are totally possible with a cracked tailbone. Comfort, however... Not so much.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Zil posted:

So I'm guessing squeezing of the glutes is torturous right now? Though bit much you can really do for it besides not sitting down I guess.

Sitting, standing up from seated position, lying on my back...

Thought about a cortisone shot, but then I figured turn the pain into anger, and anger into lifting power.

gently caress my rear end, literally and figuratively.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Jesus christ I'm probably clinically brain dead until about 10am every morning, I can't imagine trying to lift like that

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Ask me about my decade old, upper back trigger point from somehow screwing up a barbell row.

Also I am back to lifting after getting all my health poo poo resolved!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Anybody do ice baths/cold therapy/whatever after workouts? Was watching Eddie Hall on youtube and he has one of those cold chamber deals, kinda interesting but feels super bro-sciency to me.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

I tried cold showers for a while. I found zero benefit to it other than discomfort.

Basically my experience too, although cool showers feel pretty good for cooling off.

feelix posted:

There's evidence it blunts hypertrophy

Wondered about this too, but it's not like I'm hypertrophying much at age 50...

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I have a couple of reheatable pads you stick in the microwave, I heat those up and toss them on the bar prior to deads. It's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Any decent kettlebell handles for plates out there?