Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I have a nice power rack sitting in pieces because the house I'm renting doesn't have room for it. So I just work out at my office gym and get to see my smelly fat coworkers naked instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

UnfurledSails posted:

Yeah I need the heavier dumbbells mainly for the bench presses and you kind of have to just dump them when you are doing decline bench. Would powerblocks just shatter if I do that?

From what I've read of others who own them, don't drop them regularly or they'll get messed up eventually.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I am a fan of trap bar deadlifting

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Fallows posted:

Synthol? Photoshop? or both?

I'm going with Photoshop unless that shirt is made out of magic

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i wonder if they had any strongfats in their study

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

UnfurledSails posted:

Right next to me a dude is squatting with kettlebells attached to either side of the bar with those colored stretching bands. He's also got his legs completely covered with sleeves/wraps and wears huge headphones over his hoodie

he squats faster as the kettlebells on bands yo-yo him into the motion. speed increasing constantly, he cannot stop. he is perpetual squatting machine

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

"he immediately collapsed afterwards and revealed that he had burst blood vessels in his head."

:fireman: but world records are

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

pull ups and chin ups are the most fun because they are the only ones that improve when I cut :smith:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

World's largest dwarf has some strong clips https://www.instagram.com/p/Be_RVbyDvP9/?hl=en

5'7", weighs 220, and somehow his head still looks too big for his body

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

It's where you hang upside down so eating anything makes your stomach acid bubble up and you feel terrible so you never eat

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Vargatron posted:

What's the point of doing them that way???

you can say you can do 30 "pullups"

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

grow longer arms, idiot

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

ElectricSheep posted:

I'm more annoyed that I still need to use the assist myself after nearly a year- it's the one exercise I'm not patient with. One of my goals is a pull up from a dead hang; I've gotten down to the bare minimum (30 lbs) before the next step is to no longer have an assist at all but that's a lot to drop.

Unassisted, I can get up to like forehead level before my arms and back just go "that's enough son"

do negatives, lose weight

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Zil posted:

Would you settle for just one large ab, or does it have to be a six pack?

with hgh you can have both

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

MikeCrotch posted:

Who wants to buy some trx straps with aluminium handles* sold by one of the most annoying people i've ever seen?

*for the low low prices of $100** + shipping

**this is the 35% off early bird price

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monkiibars/a-gym-in-your-pocket-monkiitm

:q:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

can't wait for congressional hearings on roidchef

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Khorne posted:

especially true for formal shoes, I've yet to find good wide ones

Rockport's X-Wide shoes have worked for me, and they have some passable styles of dress shoe.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i will never be able to turn my legs into the agrocrag

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Zil posted:

Dick has exploded now what?

make salami

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

feelix posted:

Meanwhile I barely manage 1 rep of 225 on bench or 5 reps of 135 on ohp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLbvR4x0EMI&t=14s

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

don't worry the gym will ban the guy who kicked the bar out of the teenager's hands and then ban the teenager after he sets off their newly installed lunk alarm in a month

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

sassassin posted:

gently caress that guy and those matchsticks he's hiding in his trousers.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

tubamortis posted:

At a meet right now. Delicately threading the needle between having enough caffeine to stay awake vs too much caffeine and pooping on the platform.

cultivating explosiveness

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

yeah but how much weight can you pistol squat

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’ve done both the DEXA scan and the dunk tank and the DEXA is way more accurate. In LA at least it’s not that expensive either.

the dexa gave you the lower number, huh

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I didn't work out for 2.5 weeks and just went to the gym 3 days in a row

DOMS pain was good at first like a nice reminder that I started working out again

but now it's very bad and I want it to end

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

if you're laughing at them and you don't know them then yeah you're a dick

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

hosed up my back again somehow lol

still deadlifted, not sure if I made it worse or better. It's fine if I'm erect, walking, sitting, or laying down. But it hurts in any position in between. The slightest bend is like a knife through my lower lumbars.

OH WELL

keep deadlifting until you feel better or have to be taken away on a stretcher imo

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

clot your blood, makes the dick real big

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

barkbell posted:

I’m not sure how it’s too serious for you when you are interested in push-ups and the recommended progression is to do vertical push-ups against a wall. Or did you mean too serious as in there are a lot of words.

he doesn't have walls you monster

2019 BEAST MODE posted:

I meant serious as in it it's an hour long and requires parallel bars and a pull up bar.

2019 IT'S AN HOUR LONG

Inept fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 2, 2019

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

CheesyDog posted:

they installed new mirrors?

only time i've seen this used as a compliment

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i use chalk for deadlifts but what is it with the people that think they're olympic gymnasts with it? the handprints on the weights look like someone just dusted for a murder scene

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

it's pua neg tip week

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

lift until you kill your sciatic nerve and it won't hurt any more

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

My gym literally just has a bench, incline bench and a squat rack. And I guess a doohickey to row the bar, but that's pretty much it as far as lifting equipment. But it's free and in my office building so I can lift on company time so eh :shrug:

office gym is the only reason i go to the gym reliably now

still very weak though

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

making 30 of these goes from haha word play to haha i'm an alcoholic but jokey about it

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

The whole internet loves Milkshake Gut, who makes lovely weight equipment

We regret to inform you the Gut is racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

do turkish fall downs by unracking a weight overhead that is too heavy and letting it slowly crush you