Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I decided working out takes too much time and just bought a fancy car. Seems to take care of everything the gym did for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fallows posted:

Until you have to fix something on it and you're too weak to break a bolt

Use a machine? I'm way past free weights at this point

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

jonathan posted:

I have so many things negative things to say but I am scared to because I don't want a pussy interrupt.

I feel like there's an Elgin joke in here that I'm too stupid to produce.

roymorrison posted:

Slowly making my comeback after blowing a rib out front squatting. Living that 3 day a week life, is nice

Ouch. How the gently caress did you do that?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

The Laughing Man posted:

the thai's admit via grapevine he got a hot dose for doing many things that made people rage. don't gently caress with the coke dealers or get involved with coke deals is more plausible than the son of a cardiologist having a heart issue.

I had no symptoms of any heart issues until mine crapped out one day when I was 22. Was just lucky to survive. I don't know about the rest of what happened to him but with some heart disease it doesn't matter who your daddy is.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Doredrin posted:

My arms to torso ratio makes deadlifting impossible without crushing my balls.

Sounds like you need a thigh gap

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Khorne posted:

Nah, just needs some quads/thighs to begin with because there's no way in hell your balls should be out past your thigh unless you got like 12 inch balls or something. My deadlift lockout is well past the lower part of my balls, I get bruises on my thighs while deadlifting, and it has never hit my balls.

When I stand anywhere close to shoulder width apart my balls have nowhere to go but forward into danger territory.

For only $9.99 I can demonstrate this for you in a private show...

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

proof of concept posted:

this has never been true

Powerlifting meets were a lot different 3+ years ago

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Khorne posted:

Not really. Steroids is generally the wrong choice unless your livelihood depends on it or you've been dedicated to the hobby for many years and want to take it further.

Whatever, Nixon.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
10 minute rest periods? Are you doing 50 rep sets of heavy deadlifts?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If squats paused at your sticking point break your knees you probably had a garbage body anyway

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FedEx Mercury posted:

If I didn't have a garbage body I would not have made the life choices that lead me to register an account on the Something Awful forums.

This is something we should all consider more often

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That had better have set off the lunk alarm or I'm going to talk to the manager.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Probably hurts?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Stan Efferding breathes while he squats and broke a bunch of powerlifting records while being an IFBB pro. I don't remember that fat texan idiot ever breaking or coaching anyone who broke a record.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I reside in the top floors of the gym.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The gym mmo definitely has a soft cap

TenementFunster posted:

agreedo plus nobody wants a cyclist body

Before someone posts that german sprint cyclist or whatever he is he lifts bigger weights than anyone in this thread and does enough roids that we could all share.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Khorne posted:

You forgot the key commandment of elderly gym use: Thou shalt not have a rom greater than 0.5 inches, even if you are guaranteed to have greater rom while doing things like walking or getting situated at the machine.

This one guy moves the weights in like 20 pico-reps a second through spasming oscillation.

The last gym I went to was in a more affluent area so all the old dudes were on roids and stronger and leaner than almost all of the young dudes.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Khorne posted:

Those aren't elderly people. They're just old. I know someone in his 60s who meets that description. Dude is loving jacked, and he trained natural for ages until he sold his business for the better part of 8 figures and then hopped on juice and lived a life of leisure and iron.

Aren't people in their 60s and 70s elderly? Teach me salami thread.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

60 year olds can still be swole

once you're 70 you are ancient and will struggle to do anything swole-related. unless you're this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA

https://www.drlife.com/ they don't sell steroids on TV where you're from?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMuTRCllYp4

Happy Halloween, bros!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Pick the perfect set of parents

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Homestar Runner posted:

Protip: verify credibility of advice given ITT alongside weightloss photo thread

But people giving good advice would never have been fat in the first place???

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Homestar Runner posted:

lol what's with the past tense

you can't have a weightloss photo if you're never fat

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Old man tip: if you were lifting and then hurt yourself doing something ordinary it probably means you were lifting wrong. See my pic in the fatass thread for reference

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

a mysterious cloak posted:

Nah, mine was unrelated to lifting. My body craves death before it turns 50 in a few years, but I will bend it to my will before that :black101:

I forgot to mention, due to my age, that it can also be due to chronic stupid poo poo like sitting in front of a computer all day.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Is doing heavy deadlifts every week really worth it? Every guy I know who has hosed up their back at the gym has done it doing deadlifts.

nothing matters

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fallows posted:

says the guy who can pull over 600

above was my insight after I hit the pull I was hoping for in a meet 6 years (gently caress I'm old) back

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

One of us
One of us
One of us

Here's to hoping he sets his phone down near him and smashes it one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itx3udN1HJ0&t=236s

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

At a certain weight, yeah, drop it. It's dangerous to hold onto it as it goes down.

This dude obviously hit that benchmark a looooong time ago.

Uh, he clearly said "lightweight"

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

jonathan posted:

Most of those lifts in that video are incomplete ego lifts but I feel like a bounce rep of an 800lb deadlift is ok.

Why don't you try getting on the olympia stage at 4%, 290lbs before you criticize the man's accomplishments????

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

jonathan posted:

Because I enjoy a good quality life and feel it would be diminished greatly if I had to work that hard at something I have no interest in. Also the chances of that effort paying off are around 1:8,000,000,000.

Thirdly, I have access to a nice Case tractor and also an a-frame on wheels if I need to lift 800lbs.

I was going to keep throwing arguments by people I saw featured on quartersquatgang at you but :effort:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

loving LOL if you ever seriously criticize Big Ron's form

kill everyone in this thread

It's not worth it. Just accept this new lifting safe space where we politely rest our weights on the ground.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fallows posted:

Plz stop posting these ego lift videos and get back to baby weight bicep curls people

You're not my mom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuzeyFIYMSM

~~~lift the ego~~~

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

jarbv posted:

There's not a lot of support for German Volume Training shoulder days out there in the world

I did something like that in the beginning of this year and ended up with some really swole tendons and then I got to do Zero Volume Training.

I'd be a lot swoler all around if I wasn't an idiot and could listen to my own advice.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Homestar Runner posted:

this is very general advice but you absolutely should be progressively working most muscle groups across a spectrum of low/heavy weight (4-7 reps), medium/moderate weight (8-12 reps) and high/lightweight (15-25 reps) ranges.

Why?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Did not expect a strengtheory response. That deserves a gold star.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Compression pants on guys without some kind of dick-wrangler:

Very comfortable.

No steppy on wee freedom

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Prude.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That's why I won't lose too much weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Hope you all can see my dick outline while I post this. :dong:

canned from the band posted:

Did someone say hosed up shoulders? Got any good stretches?

I'd like to OHP heavy without my shoulders feeling like they're about to explode from the inside out.

http://strengtheory.com/healthy-shoulders-big-bench/