Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

doverhog posted:

I've been doing so much dead lifts that the skin on my palms is tearing off, so I guess I need gloves or something. Max was 135 kg but been doing volume at lower weights. I did not expect to be palm skin limited on this.

Try starting with the bar in your fingers, not your hands, and use straps to save your hands if your still losing skin until your grip strength catches up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

doverhog posted:

This helped me. Dead lift max now at 145 kg.

Of course I slipped on ice yesterday and injured my knee. Doctor said it's not broken or ligament torn that she could see, but still putting weight on it hurts. Have to brace myself with my hands to get up from a sitting position.

Oh well, gotta eat lots of christmas ham to make it better.

Forgot I saw this. Glad it helped and hope you're healing up quickly to set the number higher.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

redshirt posted:

Isn't this the opposite of what I was talking about?

Weight lifting is so weird.

It's too late. You've already primed the pump and now your muscles are going to grow for months. Better start saving up for a new wardrobe.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
the big dudes who lift weights all the time only do it because they get off on it like arnold

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MarcusSA posted:

Put it this way when you tell a girl you lift vs telling a girl you do karate.

The choice is pretty clear.

they won't care but some dude who overhears will not leave you alone?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Boogan posted:

Don't tell normal people how you got jacked. They don't care.

Also if they ask change the subject or just agree with their guess because it's not going to be a fun conversation 99% of the time

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

feelix posted:

One guy wanted to know how I lost weight and if it was keto. When I told him I tracked my calories and chose satiating foods he dead rear end turned around and walked away without saying a word

Knew he had to save himself from an outburst that would land him in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

feelix posted:

This is a guy who wants to be friends with me really badly for some reason but the first time I met him he asked me what I thought about Elon buying Twitter and why it's good that Ben Shapiro won't be censored anymore. He is not a person who knows how to shut the duck up, so I think he was genuinely dumbfounded by the concept

That's much more entertaining than my version