Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Got back at it yesterday after a couple weeks off lifting. Was hoping minor injuries (mostly tendonitis type stuff) would have sorted out but I can kind of feel stuff lingering. Been using Tactical Barbell method for a few years now...am considering doing another base building cycle this year to maybe heal more. Kind of afraid to dee the numbers vs. last month drop more though.

Also rolled BJJ for first time in a month today, need to get back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Trying to be more deliberate about getting jacked in 2023. The bulksupplements.com shipment should be arriving any day...I'm gonna try to be diligent about using em and actually track nutrition going forward.

Benched moderate weight without pain the other day, so that was cool too.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Lifted on shift today, Day 1 of running the new supps.

Squat 395x5x3, felt pretty good about this, like I could have been doing more. I'll likely test some things out when I go to triples next week.

Pendlay row 245x5x5

Bench 265x5x2..felt really strong on this too, but we made a run and I didn't feel like getting warmed back up. Plus I could feel some kind of connective tissue stress building so I cut it early.

Having some evening protein now. I'll try to start keeping better track of diet.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

I hate cutting because all of my lifts remain static and I'm hungry all the time and cant get hammered. Major loving fail

Is it winter where you are? Why you cutting homie?

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Love monopolizing the deadlifting pad on Saturday morning.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

bomb posted:

My name is bomb and I'm here to say that kettlebells are good and I'm here to say.

Do Simple and Sinister everyday.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Decided to start a block with front squats. Read on a few places online that front squat load should be 80-90% of what you can back squat. My shoulder mobility sucks, was trying to do the clean type grip because it seems more pro, but I might have to try something else.

I was real happy about getting to 475x3x3 on back squat a couple days ago...just feel like front squatting 315x5x3 was kicking my rear end, kind of a bummer but I'm going to keep doing it until I stop sucking.

JamMaster Flash fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 14, 2023

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Guyver posted:

Are you chunky? Some heavier guys will have a harder time with lighter front squats because there's not enough weight to shift the center of mass enough to stay upright.

You can of course over come this by getting strong enough quads to just muscle gently caress the lighter weight.

I'm lean and mean, brother.

I did my 3rd day this week of using front squat for work sets, I can already notice some improvement. Feels good man.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

"gently caress yeah"

But it's all in how you say it

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Hope everyone is getting jacked today. I went to a different branch of the gym I had never been to before, doing the heavy triples today, love that energy.

Listening to rave music..

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Working 96 hours straight. Did some incline treadmill walking today, going to hit S/B/DL tomorrow, maybe HIC Friday then heavy triples on Sat.

Might have to do something more chill on Friday depending on how these shifts shake out, but the heavy triples are happening for sure.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

I am leaving the church of iron to train jiu jitsu. Farewell my compatriots

I have a black belt in jiu jitsu and guess what, I'm back lifting weights again. You can for sure do both but my work schedule and kids make it way easier for me to just lift/run though.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is the belt black from rolling around on the floor so much?

Yeah pretty much

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

All those muscles wont do you good in the streets, learn bjj bros.

Being strong helps you do bjj better though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

There's like 5 Socrates quotes I'd drop on that fool, then give them a wedgie.

Edit: I can't remember them all right now bc I'm a dumb meathead