Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

proof of concept posted:

if I want to walk into a vitamins and supplements store and walk out with a tub full of powder that will make me high as gently caress, what's the best thing to purchase?

e: and more than just "shitload of caffeine" wired

I've never really trusted anything sold in a health & fitness store, so instead I order semi-legal ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, and asprin) capsules from internet diet stores, they're pretty much the gold standard in doing two-hour wide-eyed caveman workouts

Otoh I think it's more difficult to get those in the US because ephedrine is considered a precursor to crystal meth, so I guess that's another tick in the box for becoming a healthy and rounded individual by taking up physical culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Tolkien minority posted:

Is it possible to do deadlifts without making noise when you put the weights down? I switched to a smaller gym on campus and it's over some classrooms so they're technically allowed but they're super strict. i guess technically i could lower weight and be super careful but that seems like kinda a waste

I would be tempted to do Romanian deadlifts in that case, so you only have to worry about touching down lightly at the end of your set

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

finally joined garage gym crew

now I can go full speed toward my goal of becoming the world's most powerful hermit

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Any suggestions for shoulder tightness while squatting? I janked my shoulder a couple of years ago when I tried to rugby tackle a dude and braced my fall on my elbow, since then I've only really been able to squat by taking my arms all the way out to the end of the bar

I don't get pain doing anything else any more, it's specifically that plane of motion that seems to cause issues

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I was given some resistance band stuff to do by the doctor when I did it, but I pretty much got bored of them once I realised they weren't interacting with anything that actually hurt, and since the ultrasound came out OK, I was basically just told to go home and wait until it worked properly again

Will give the dislocates a try, cheers