Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
You can also blame your failed bench on the lovely lift off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
This is him benching 739 with full rom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2tQFIojM80

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

barkbell posted:

Kai Greene going vegan

well at least he has the name for it

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

sassassin posted:

Distorting local gravity with your extreme mass is cheating.

That would make the weights heavier actually!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

drat he doesnt use any wraps or a bench suit either and fkn kills it

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

And Arnold had just gotten his first gym membership a week before he won his first O...

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Fun fact - BMI would be more accurate to be weight (kg)/height (m)^2.5 instead of height squared like it usually is.

But BMI was developed in the mid 19th century and doing things to the power of 2.5 was non trivial so they picked height squared instead, which 170ish years later makes everyone feel fat.

So it's the unchanged equation that's making everyone 'feel' fatter 200 years later?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

bomb posted:

I like caseine/whey isolate blends personally but yeah just buy whats on sale and no its not a waste of money.

A waste of money is buying $2-$4 protein shakes at the store instead.

I feel so bad whenever I have to buy one of these, its nearly 5 bucks here for the 40g ones

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Yea he probably made the right call though

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Youre trying to change the meaning of rest day to win your argument

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Speaking of peaking, I just finished the juggernaut 4 month program last week and went in this morning after 4 hours of sleep to test maxes and hit what I wanted on squat and immediatly decided to go for a second even deeper one and that was a huge mistake. Spent like 6 seconds stuck in the hole and then somehow good morning'd it all the way up after another 5 or so. One dude started to run over to help lol. I was in a cage and had pins set but I absolutely did not want to dump it for some reason.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Forever chasing that heart pump

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Im in a place with corona and some highschooler was coughing a lot this morning in the gym. Were doomed

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

That sounds like a line from a parody rap song about being swole

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Looks like he cant fit his 6'5 rear end lanky legs in there

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

lots of test and prob an oral with little AI

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Just ghost and keep paying that note like that poo poo aint nothing

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I sold my home gym last year for 80 dollars to a friend to make place for another car. It was a nice bench, 2 barbells, literal half ton of weights, dumbbells, ez curl. He gave it all to another guy back in Feb but not before offering it back to me and I said no. I haven't worked on or driven that car in like a year either.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

500 bucks is a lot to do dips but not that much to do them comfortably

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Nice ez lift

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Pls no bully, I'm small and don't have any more plates.

E: Unless you meant that it went smoothly. Then thank you!

I meant the second part, u look like you couldve done more like ddd said

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

How else do you IV caffiene then

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just got v lucky on a grocery run at Walmart and got one of these for $35

thats crazy, there hasnt been anything cept a single pink 2.5 db and band stuff in my walmart fit section since march

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If a friend asked me for help with building a pool and mentioned we weren't using a backhoe I would rudely decline. You're a good friend and have a solid bod

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Anyone know a good core exercise that hits the bottom muscles in your abdomen that doing stomach vacuums works? Hope this makes sense i cant figure out a way to activate my lower abs other than doing the vacs

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Will try some leg raises then. my lower abs are lagging behind the rest of my body badly

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

VorpalFish posted:

Not trying to be rude, but are you sure you're lean enough? The key to really good abs is being very lean and depending on your genetic distribution of fat it's not uncommon to see upper definition first.

Just don't want you spinning your wheels on the perfect angle to hit your abs from if the answer is "diet harder."

Not rude, i wish but i dont think ill ever be 8 pack lean, im more concerned from a powerlifting perspective, just trying to strength all my core and it feels like its lagging down there. I do a lot for core and nothing seems to feel the same as stomach vacs in term of the muscles i feel being worked but maybe its just becuse of how the exercise is

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Zzulu posted:

I don't know what "most powerlifters" do, but the best powerlifters definitely train their cores specifically. Like the world record holders, for example

I just wanna keep doing 5/3/1 and keep make my 5lb a month on my lifts and maybe set a record for biggest spreadsheet.... Thx for the suggestions guys

B-Rock452 posted:

Standing Abs are what westside recommends and ab work is done every session. I use some bands over my pull-up bar for them.

Standing abs is the movement in a standing cable crunch? Google is confusing me

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

I've started using an ab wheel lately and it's great.
Yea i got one at the covid lock down start, i got the cheapest one at wal mart but its still awesome

artism posted:

Cross-posting:

Send help plz

Yea take time off, you prob have tendonitis in the rotator cuff. Make sure your doing a lot of pulling movements too and rear/medial work to keep things balanced(as long as they dont bother you too)

Fallows fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 15, 2020

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

It took me like a year to rehab my shoulder after an injury doing ohp and i used to help design implants for rotator cuff injuries, they are sons of bitches. I probably could have cut the time down to a few months if I had followed a proper rehab protocol though.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Leg raises on the floor are really cool

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Wow i just tried these with lovely walmart bands and a pull up bar and wanna throw up after 2 short sets a++

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

turd in my singlet posted:

Lol trying this and my bands don't give enough resistance and it's lame

Mine give no resistance until the end, i had to mess around with where i stand and poo poo but i do em just like the gif from the page he linked and they got tough fast, i did the one armed judo chops after too. Since the movement is pretty fast though I am worried about my doorframe hopefully theres a lot of nails in that top trim piece

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

There's nothing you can get from barbell rows that you can't get from dumbbell rows, and they're easier on your lower back and hips.

A unilateral exercise will have slightly different muscle activation going on than the bilateral equivilant. Theyre not the same and imo it's probably safer to to barbell row when the numbers are getting heavier.

5 years ago i wouldve said they are the same though

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

imagine that deadlift but as a squat and that was my 2nd rep the firest time squatting 3 plates ever

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

First attempt at 315lb deadlift conquered.

Apologies for the lovely video quality. I've got more plates now, so I was able to go up to three 45s (well, two 45s, a 35, and a 10). I did a second set of two after that and definitely felt like I can try for more next time. Pretty excited!

Good lift !

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Found another solution

Bro lol

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Some retired mil by the books guy working at my LA fitness told me I couldn't deadlift in socks once. He was like 70 and drove an old carrera with a license plate 2befit. Fk him.

Thats my only interaction with an employee there in like 10 years.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Omnikin posted:

So like... hypothetically speaking, if someone wanted to go back and help out their former high school's athletes so they don't deadlift like this, what certifications and/or experience should they be picking up before reaching out to the AD/coach?

https://fb.watch/cpdIMTLuhP/

e - Facebook link, apologies

his hips started moving up a full 2 seconds before the bar moved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Why are you in bed 11 hours a day

i try to sleep 10 hours a day and still dont feel recovered after 40 hours labor and gym sessions

i need to find a way to get that extra hour in...

im single incase ur wandering