Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I benched 95 weighing about 170lbs my first time. Took me a couple months to bench 135. Took several several months to figure out Starting Strength sucked, swap programs, and get up to 185. From there it was slow but mostly smooth sailing into the 250s, and since then it's been a big struggle but I work a million hours a week and don't recover and eat fast food, sometimes 3 times a day. I'm like an rear end hair from 300 now though.

Basically I don't have good genetics, diet or recovery, so through patience and will, you can eventually force your dumb body to get a little bit strong.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

bobfather posted:

Congrats! Hopefully your garage doesn’t get too cold in winter.

For my lift area, I zip tied a bunch of these rubber mats over a concrete foundation: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200728134_200728134

It has felt totally solid up to 265.

Thanks guys. My rack is out on the back patio of my townhouse right now, so the garage will be an improvement regardless of temperature I'm sure.

Guyver posted:

Depends on how warped they are but probably. If the bend isn't too bad you could screw them down to a full sheet for two layers of wood under the top sheet and mats.

Maybe I could just buy a full sheet for the bottom, and use one of the work sheets for the middle part that goes between the mats, or do they normally have two full sheets + the middle wood/mat layer?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I was thinking of bolting my squat rack down though, but instead of doing the fancy wood middle piece, I was curious if I could just get a piece of plywood, and just make the entire top stall mat.