Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBbdGoLLAIo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Defiant Sally posted:

I wish lifting weights would go back to the way it was 6 years ago when it was a niche interest that only no life autists took part in. Those were the days.

this has never been true

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the nice thing about working out at home is that, 3 times out of 5, there isn't a geriatric blowdrying his balls in your bathroom when you go to shower up afterward

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if I want to walk into a vitamins and supplements store and walk out with a tub full of powder that will make me high as gently caress, what's the best thing to purchase?

e: and more than just "shitload of caffeine" wired

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 1, 2016

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Apprentice Dick posted:

My man have you tried working out on LSD?

I want something that comes in powder format in a tub that they sell not that the dude behind the counter sells in an unmarked vial

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

if I want to walk into a vitamins and supplements store and walk out with a tub full of powder that will make me high as gently caress, what's the best thing to purchase?

e: and more than just "shitload of caffeine" wired

I actually want an actual answer to this question because I know there is one and I'm genuinely curious

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I ordered some preworkout with that dmaa poo poo. I hope it's good.

what's it called? where can I get some?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Why would you do roids

muscle bros often develop weird body dysmorphia issues

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
so which steroid makes you the most high when you take it?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat.

drat.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What.

Also for those asking about stuff for energy at the gym, have you considered cocaine?

I want as close to cocaine as I can get while still being able to walk into a vitamin/supplement shop and purchase a big tub of it off of the shelf

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I fear you may be outnumbered. In other news: wow I cannot believe this cramp has hosed my leg up this bad. Not sure I can do leg day tomorrow.

take a salt pill and walk it off you weepy pussy

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good point! why didn't I think of that...

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good ol president Sumo

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury posted:

Ever since I twerked my back on those pullups I've been getting random pains there doing simple things like pulling a box or bending down.

sounds like sciatica, which is just a pinched nerve, if it keeps up go to a physical therapist and have them check you out (DO NOT go to a chiropractor they will make it worse)

e: I'm no doctor, but I had that happen before after eating poo poo really hard skiing and that's what the problem was for me. If it's the same thing then good news for you because it's a solvable problem that won't require, like, surgery or anything crazy like that

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 11, 2016

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like sciatica

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
concept2 rowers are one of the best pieces of equipment in the whole gym but after about 2 minutes on one of them I always start second guessing my form like yeah I'm getting a workout but am I really doing this right? Like at all? Am I scrunching over too much? Am I driving enough with my legs or am I relying too much on my arms/back? Why did I get on this machine I hope I'm not making a fool of myself

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury posted:

What the hell dude, rowing is so simple. Legs, back, arms. That's it.

yeah, I know, it just feels like I'm doing it wrong for some reason I don't know what to tell you

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

yep that's me alright, right at 1:10

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
shortcut to gainzville:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you can see his face transform into a beet from the effort like he's in an old popeye cartoon

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Here is a scientific diagram which illustrates the biological process under observation:

Now, in the figure above, Popeye the Sailor Man represents the lifter and Sinbad the Sailor/Bluto represents the weight being lifted. The action of the lift forces blood to the face, turning it into a powerful vegetable, bent on revenge

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that's a really weird request to make in the thread about lifting weights and eating meats that are shaped like a dick

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
^^ take another scoop of preworkout, fix you right up

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hardawn posted:

Will future gyms have VR workouts where you start by killing rats and snake and the progress? Cuz I hope I'm dead before then

they already have something like that on the internet you can sign up for

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

the pitch of your frustration yells started running into "jerry just got tom to sit on a needle" territory

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
next time you're struggling to finish your set just start yelling ARNOLD! ARNOLD! and then you'll crush it
proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaNePTIpvNE&t=23s

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
don't tell HIM that, you might make him angry

you wouldn't like him when he's angry

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Winnie the poo poo posted:

maybe it was regular girl in gym disbelief staring and I invented all the sexual tension to entertain myself

what's the record # of mirrors you've caught a guy doing the mirror-trick-shot stare at your rear end?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
did you yell "ARNOLD!" a bunch when you started failing? ARNOLD! is the most powerful one but there are other spells you can use to complete your sets for example take a look at Swiss Olympic shotput/discuss guy and all-around muscle blob Richy Bruch putting one of his favorites into action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqksKiImCk&t=179s

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Khorne posted:

I unhooked the full sized punching bag by accident

How'd you manage that? You were swinging around in circles while clinging to it with an arms-and-legs spider hug weren't you?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this is apparently a thing some people do

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

vegan gains poster spotted

"vegan gains" is an oxymoron though :confused:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ew, no thank you

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know "neck length" was a category of gainz but now I'm excited to train for them so I too can one day eat fresh green leaves right off the branch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury posted:

Salami is RED MEAT and VERY SALTY stay away from it.

you sound pretty salty

ABOUT YOUR LACK OF GAINS