Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My girlfriend does crossfit 3 days a week and bootcamp 2 days a week, plus yoga, and now she just bought one of those stupid loving body wraps.

I have so many things negative things to say but I am scared to because I don't want a pussy interrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dum Cumpster posted:

I feel like there's an Elgin joke in here that I'm too stupid to produce.

Ouch. How the gently caress did you do that?

Once you dislocate a rib, they tend to dislocate easily after that. I have one that pulls near my spine every few years. Last time was in 2014 and I was lifting some treating iron for a drilling rig, trying to carry it in sticky deep mud. A rolled up towel or tennis ball to massage the area and normally you can hear a crunch when it sets back into the vertebrae socket. Then it's just a day or two for the inflammation to go down.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Roylicious posted:

Seriously, some of ya'll need to go a little easier on the weight lol.

The muscle and tendon setup holding the rib in place is pretty complicated and can be pulled pretty easily when you're fatigued. I did mine the first time on a 5k run.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you start taking a medium dose of test, say 300 - 400mg per week, and aren't planning to cycle, is it advisable to monitor estrogen levels or is that really only an issue after stopping test ?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Why would you do roids

I'm 36 now and my testosterone levels are starting to deplete and I feel like I need a boost in physical ability above what I already have.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

roymorrison posted:

if you're taking test to be bigger and poo poo and not to make your dick work please take anavar instead you're welcome

I will have to ask as anavar/oxandrolone or whatever isn't something I've ever heard mentioned in my northern Canadian town.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khorne posted:

Not really. Steroids is generally the wrong choice unless your livelihood depends on it or you've been dedicated to the hobby for many years and want to take it further.

I'm already a candidate for t replacement therapy. But if im going to take 75mg per week I might as well go a bit higher. I know about post cycle therapy but don't really know what the best practices are for a constant use.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Squats and chocolate milk. I still yell that at random women who complain their workouts aren't doing anything.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been "bulking" for a bit and I'm up to 233lbs now (6'2")

Can someone do some quick math at calorie goals to stay around the same weight but drop around 5%fat.

Shedding weight is easy for me but it always takes muscle with it :(

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ever been choked until you fill your pants with poo poo ? Steven Seagull has.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
row machine is the only non pussy cardio machine.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's easy to go through a fuckton of calories for some people. I was training for DH mountainbike competition plus worked 50 hours a week doing restaurant supply delivery (heavy deadlifting of boxes and running stacks of boxes on a dolly up and down stairs and ramps). I went from being in pretty good shape at 190lbs down to 175 pounds. Felt awesome, looked like poo poo being 6'2". I was already easily eating 4000 calories a day with all the handouts I was getting at restauramts. I increased calories more using a weight gain shake 2x a day and still dropped down to 165.

Maybe I was just making GBS threads out all the food without taking in all the calories.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Could you have beat him in a fight ? If so, his opinion is irrelevant.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I forget exactly how to do it, but it's the breathing timing. If you do it just right (wrong) it's pretty much a for sure thing you're going to pass out.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I am having my morning coffee, and poured a bowl of raisin bran. Starting eating and thought it felt a little odd in my mouth.

Apparently I poured the coffee cream into the cereal. This is what happens when you pull a 22hr shift the day before.

Still gonna eat it.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a mysterious cloak posted:

If you don't vasovagal after every lift, you're clearly not pushing enough weight.

Strain like you're taking a massive dump - that's the Valsalva maneuver. Same deal when you're lifting heavy - when you stop straining, your blood vessels can't adjust quickly enough to maintain normal blood pressure > BP drops > fall down, crack head open, twitch a little.

So I've always inhaled enough that it felt right for posture and then began exhaling slowly as I was 75% through the lift, then with about half my air capacity I'd let the bar down. I've never felt light headed. Are you saying that people hold until the top of the lift then exhale strongly and that is causing the drop in BP ? I'm just trying to make sense as to if I am at risk with my breathing.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mexico tomorrow. Every day is tanning day.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving POOSIES.

Crock pot ? Guinness beer as your soup stock. Not even joking a little.

Baked beans ? Better be in a smoker with a 10lb pork butt draining butt juice fat onto it from above.

Edit: you people want calorie and protein dense food suggestions should head over to the slow smoking meat thread. They'd wrap their own children in bacon and eat them if the laws would allow.

jonathan fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 1, 2016

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just got back from a week in cancun. I pretty much survived on mexican tequila ceasars and tapas.

I feel my internal organs resemble beef jerky. I need a water and vegetable diet for a couple days.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why do shrugs make me feel dizzy and nauseous ? I get motion sickness with them so I always avoid them. I do not get this feeling on a deadlift. Edit: or a farmers carry

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chinatown posted:

hows your salami intake?

Are you asking about my nohomo dicksucking experiences ?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Confuse the body by working the oilpatch slinging chains over tires in the evil Alberta mud.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

hrm i haven't heard this but I"m intrigued. how should i start? also I don't want to leave alabama and i don't have any chains

Nothing like deadlifting your boot that is suction stuck in 20" deep mud using 1 leg because you're trying to keep your sock out of the mud while balancing.

HAHAHA some fat Newfie also dislocated both knees backwards by jumping off the side of his truck into the mud. OOF. (This actually happened awhile back it was mentioned during a weekly safety meeting)

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was skinny and got skinnier. Now I'm not skinny and feeling way better about myself also the quality of women I lay with has gone up.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Been working out at home a lot lately because I've been pulling a lot of hours at work, and going out to the gym takes up valuable sleep time. (20+ hour shifts)

Anyways I've been doing sets of 30 reps to start on the machine, and then increasing weight one plate at a time and putting in reps until failure, resting a couple minutes and then adding more weight until I get down under 10 reps and then try to bang out a 5x8 set.

Doing this for lat pulldowns, tricep extensions, chest presses and sort of a weighted crunch using the pulldown bar.

Anyone see anything wrong with this ? The reason I like it is im getting my warmup banged out quickly without having to think into it, and I don't have to bother with paying attention to reps or sets. I just go to failure or nausea.

Post workout is chocolate milk with protein powder and a bunch of celery and hummus. It almost seems like this is some sort of gay CT Fletcher workout, but as a living zombie with no metal capacity right now it seems to work.

Workout album of choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxvYoRjIzls

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pesmerga posted:

Swolethread in scared to bulk :smith:

Gone from about 144lb to 147lb in about six weeks (I'm just over 5'9") and my brain is telling me to stop. :(

How old ? I wasn't able to make good weight gains until I turned 33.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Unless you're earning money, why bother clean n jerk. You'd never use that lift in day to day life.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just seems like a risky lift if it goes wrong.

I can't go to the gym today but I'll be doing some heavy lifting! 100,000lb pulling force with this winch.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I only train back and legs and abs. Everything else is just a byproduct of the compound lifts.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I dated this chick a bit over a year ago who was an ex body builder and now just curvy with big boobs. But she was an alky and got a dui shortly into the relationship so I broke it off. Well I guess maybe that kicked her into a fitness frenzy because she got super fit in the last year and just placed 3rd in some competition.

The transformation is pretty incredible but then again it's easier for a prior fitness competitor to get it back than some random who hasn't worked out before. I'd post a picture from her Instagram but some goon would likely find her and harass her.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My friend does 525lbs incline press and he's natty. Makes me wonder why I even bother living.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Thank you, friend.

It sucks. I can do squats but it hurts to even have my arm in the position to hold he bar. I can pretty much only run and do abs and kind of curls.

Leg presses. It's an opportunity to work on your leg game.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
LoL after he says "that was really heavy"

Most of those lifts in that video are incomplete ego lifts but I feel like a bounce rep of an 800lb deadlift is ok.

Then again Leeman does 8x800 with basically no bounce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEGp-66TuI&t=480s

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dum Cumpster posted:

Why don't you try getting on the olympia stage at 4%, 290lbs before you criticize the man's accomplishments????

Because I enjoy a good quality life and feel it would be diminished greatly if I had to work that hard at something I have no interest in. Also the chances of that effort paying off are around 1:8,000,000,000.

Thirdly, I have access to a nice Case tractor and also an a-frame on wheels if I need to lift 800lbs.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Update: living out of my work truck for the next week in Fox Creek, Alberta. I could probably work out but I'll be living on Swanson Hungrymans and water 50km into the bush. So gently caress workouts.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Well that's one way to bulk. Today I ran four miles then did some core work. Sucks not lifting.

If you go to the truck stop and question the age of the chicken strips or whatever, they will offer up a sweet discount.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yoga is actually legit. It'll be harder than you think and you'll be sore the next day.

That's like saying prison shower rape is legit.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I mean, anal is a legit thing, if you're into it.

It's the whole consent thing that gets ya

Nope. Don't like poo.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://youtu.be/qmBvFzxtRxE

Crocop is getting pretty jacked by lifting a bar no plates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been working 7:30pm until noon daily for the last week or so. Also been making good gains, blood pressure gains.