Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
To answer the question, I’d choose 3 exercises out of reverse crunch, hanging leg raises, decline crunch, ab wheel or cable crunch, and do 3 sets of each, working up to like 20 reps each set. I like to do at least one “abs from the bottom” and one “abs from the top” movement just to cover the angles. I guess also prepare to have to cut pretty hard if you want actual definition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Abs I have always found recover pretty quickly, so I end up doing them two on, one off (on my 4 day split). Just hit it on days when you feel they're recovered sufficiently to get through it I guess?

edit: also it's nice to rotate the exercises out from time to time, to keep things fresh.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I have golfer’s elbow and found that regular rehab exercises with a flexbar were the key to managing it (I do em 3ish times a day every day) but there are also a host of sleeves you can get to give extra support, or look into an ArmAid for a self forearm massage. I get brutal knots in about 6 specific spots in my forearms/triceps so I try and massage these daily with a hard massage tool, although I’m not sure if this will translate to tendinitis

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I’m about to start Meadows’ Creeping Death 2 program, praying for a swift death via hypertrophy. Although it’ll be nice to get back to a PPL program

Guyver posted:

loving chicken shortage has 40lbs cases of blsl breasts at $84 now.

Might as well spend the extra $1/lbs and get whole eye of round or brisket.

I’m always blown away by how cheap American (I assume) food is, cause this is still 25% cheaper than chicken in Australia

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 4, 2021

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

naw seated OHP is where it's at, follow up with heavy rear end DB side delt raises just for the bottom of the movement and boy howdy; :clint:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I just got one of those cheap eBay massage guns and spent 3 minutes blasting my neck with it and now I can turn my head around like Linda Blair, 10/10 A++++ seller

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Most preworkouts cap caffeine at 350mg because apparently more than that has a vasoconstriction effect which is bad for pumps. Although I’d assume it ultimately depends on your weight and, like, whether you care about pumps.

bird with big dick posted:

How does it work on, uh, other areas?

Tbh it has more of a reciprocating motion than a vibrating one so the only other use is pummeling my taint to trick my body into thinking I’ve done a full hour on the stationary bike

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 27, 2021

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

consider leaving one or two reaps in reserve for better recovery

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

drat those look pretty rad. Can you drop plates off them without putting them back in the holder? like say if you were doing a bunch of side delt raise dropsets could you just eject plates all over the place like spent magazines

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

RIP to a real one. Goddamn

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Cronometer is highly regarded as it tracks micronutrients as well, although I still use mfp :effort:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

that's a lot of fuckin rice

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

1750 calories seems like quite a steep deficit to jump into, how much did you typically eat before all of this?

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

guys I just started wearing this new stringer and it's now soaked in sweat can I take gymshark to consumer affairs y/n

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

I started working in close, neutral grip dumbbell floor press at the end of my chest days after seeing it in a Juji vid (I think they said they got it from Meadows). It’s been good but nothing special, and I’ve only got to 40s with few interstitial weights. The past month I’ve been super setting it with close grip paused bench so my triceps are toast first and omg it’s so good. Every part of my pec is sore. I’m using light weights, too, and I still typically fail the 5th set. That’s my golden tidbit, thanks for listening.

I’m going to try exactly this superset, thanks. Although, lying on my gym’s floor eughh

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

43g of sodium a day will give you a god tier pump so I say do it

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

gently caress yeah. Nice one mate

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

After a long time away from the exercise, I resumed deadlifting. 265x5x3 isn't going to blow anyone's mind lmao, but I feel really good about keeping a straight back & good form.

Now if only my tendonitis would kindly piss off I could resume pull exercises

Look into a Theraband Flexbar and the Tyler twist/Reverse Tyler twist exercises, doing these a couple times a day keeps my golfer's elbow in check

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Dogg just lol if you aren't in a tunnel vision of alpha gpc for your entire workout and only peripherally aware of anything other than your music and your pump

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Also like, avoid the magical fungus cooties on your gym floor by just wearing shoes yourself?? Which you are already doing????

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

What's the best work out attire you've seen at the gym? I once saw a dude in a t-shirt, jeans, and leather dress shoes come in and blast out heavy reps of floor presses with zero warm-up. Just absolute king poo poo.

Adidas tracksuit, beanie and speed dealers while barbell benching. I can understand the sunnies actually because there are some bright rear end lights over the free weight area at my gym

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Have you heard of my good friend Tilapia

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Constipated posted:

Anyone have one of those jackhammer type muscle massager thingies? I want one but there is like a billion different kinds, and I don't know which ones are garbage.

I have a generic $50 ebay one and it's decent, I don't think there are any real differences between any of them

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Every time I see this I notice something new, the hanging grip exerciser things lmao

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is supposed to help it? It's been nearly 6 months and while it's gotten better certainly, it still acts up enough that I don't wanna risk it. I wanna get back on my upper body dammit! I missed all the cold weather.

Anyway, planks should be fine since I'm not hinging my elbow right

Yo get a theraband flexbar (the green one, most likely) and google an exercise/stretch called the reverse tyler twist. Doing these a few times a day has kept my golfer’s elbow in check enough for me to go hard on the lifting again, it’s like loving magic

Edit: for extra credit you can use the lacrosse ball, hard massage tool or Armaid to poke out your triceps/forearm knots which provides some extra relief if you have super tight muscles

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I quite like:
- lat pulldowns but using two of those soft nylon single handles, with a supinated grip in front of you and squeezing at the bottom for a second or two.
- old school dumbbell pullovers but attach a band to it and keep going to below chest level (hard to explain, there’s a meadows/milos video on it)
- cable rows using the lat pulldown wide bar and making sure to lean forward and stretch to all gently caress at the bottom of each rep

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Isn’t maca mostly used for providing a lot of unsolicited boners?

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

You may enjoy the content of Eugene Teo; he's about as chill as it gets

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

On holiday atm and managed to hit 4 days in a row yesterday because of a nearby community centre gym full of old school Apex machines. Thought the pin loaded leg press would suck but I managed to coax some decent range of motion out of the seat and it's actually pretty sweet on 20+ rep sets.
Downside: having to work in imperial. The gently caress is a "lb"????

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

2-3 sets of machine fly concentrating on getting a good contraction (pause and flex in the shortened position for a moment)
2-3 sets of DB fly (or incline DB fly) pausing in the stretch position for a moment. Bend your elbows, no one cares, just get that stretch.

Or like 2 sets of DB twist press on about 60% of what you’d use for a DB bench press, making sure to go slowly and really flex the living poo poo out of your pecs on every rep. Keep a slow negative and make sure you feel it in your pecs through the whole ROM.

Add dropsets in later weeks of your training cycle.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

crackhaed posted:

am I the only one who does all pressing movements with a suicide grip? never even come close to dropping the bar and my wrist is so much more stable

I also do this. Much nicer on my wrists and elbows.

Actually I also pull thumbless so the only thing my thumbs are used for in the gym is signalling whether equipment is free

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

lotta folks doing an exclusively thumb-based workout at my gym today

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Pretty sure that video is making fun of fitness influencers constantly coming up with new One Weird Trick ways to misuse the equipment in order to drive engagement among their audience of people who haven't figured out how to put in consistent effort. Always fun seeing the Athlean X fans out themselves with that dipshit sideways single dumbell curl

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

DB rear delt row, squeeze at the top. Find the angle and hand position that works for you. Machine rear delt fly is also great if you have access to a pec deck that will do these

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Sounds like golfer's elbow perhaps? Or one
of that family of forearm tendon bullshit

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

yeah wouldn't want to clutter this thread up with too many posts

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Don't worry, Iain Valliere took 7th at the Olympia two years in a row with non-existent calves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Tomorrow I’m going to go to the gym AND read a book, draw a picture, play music and talk with friends, checkmate pencilneck