Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

So it seems to consensus on the internet is that drop sets are good for aesthetics but don't really provide any strength gains. This just doesn't add up to me and doesn't jive with my experience so far. If I LOOK really jacked, surely I must at least be somewhat stronger than when I started, right? After reading on the topic, I decided on doing heavy weight, reps to failure, slowly scaling down until I'm burnt out, and then really dropping the weight to bust as many reps as possible.

What say you goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

what's the deal with squats and testosterone? is this broscience or will working legs heavy giving me a little boost? i spend a lot of time walking/climbing stairs at work and i need some motivation to keep visibly hobbling myself from post-gym soreness.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Did legs yesterday. Enjoying jump squats with a medicine ball. Had to use the lower box for a box jump, but it gives me something to shoot for. That nasty business out of the way, going in for chest/arms tonight like nature intended.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

I like sumo deadlifts over conventional but I can't do the over/under grip - tweaks my shoulders.