Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
for real man you could not write a more brownsy story if you spent 6 hours drinking with bernie kosar and four guys named doug and jeff from mentor pounding millers over chicken and jojos down at rocco's

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711886/article/browns-wideout-josh-gordon-entering-rehab-facility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm reading an article someone linked about Justin Blackmon right now, I guess at least Josh Gordon is pretending to care?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

josh gordon was good. he will return at age 29 to the patriots

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Let him smoke NFL

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Maybe he could downgrade to kratom.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine the thoughts that must go through a person's head the moment they're drafted by the Cleveland Browns

I'm happy for Gordon seeking help and hope all goes well

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 30, 2016

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine the thoughts that must go through a person's head the moment they're drafted by the Cleveland Browns

Danny Shelton took it well.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It sucks that it's happening to the Browns but I can't bad-mouth someone for making the decision to go to rehab. That's a tough choice and not one that I'm convinced that I'd be able to make.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This is probably a good thing for him in the long run

Assuming it's successful anyway

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I put myself into rehab and I checked myself out when it turned out that a bunch of guys in there were alt-right assholes who just liked to bring up their social media shitposting in group.

What I'm trying to say is that he's brave for putting himself through the wringer.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad Josh sought help

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
good for josh

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cross-posting from N/V thread...

Major rumor coming out of Cleveland is that Gordon got popped at Hopkins Airport (Cleveland's big airport) with a pound of weed

Article via paywall-locked fan-site
http://imgur.com/a/bqV10

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
If he had gotten arrested with a pound of weed, that should have hit the media a lot faster than him voluntarily checking into rehab.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

as someone who is currently addicted to weed let me tell you that

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

a new study bible! posted:

as someone who is currently addicted to weed let me tell you that

Smoke weed every day.
I smoke it to the east, I smoke it to the west...

Hey Baxter, what'd you go to rehab for, and are you clean now?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He missed basically three years in his prime and may never play again but he was still worth the second round pick. He was unbelievably good even with the trash at QB getting him the ball for those brief moments of non-suspension.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
when will the nfl give all of the browns fans free rehab? they need a methadone-like substance to help them quit their addiction to the browns. i recommend making them all bills fans for a year and then releasing them back into the wild, free to find a new team to cheer for.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's straight retarded that weed can cause you to miss out on a promising career while linemen can inject rhinoceros hormones into their asses with only a comparative slap on the wrist.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i feel like for him to spend his suspension writing articles on the players tribune about how he's not addicted to anything and doesn't have a problem, then to enter rehab the week before he's supposed to come back...its bad

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

Hockles posted:

Major rumor coming out of Cleveland is that Gordon got popped at Hopkins Airport (Cleveland's big airport) with a pound of weed

Hockles posted:

Are you saying people pay money to post about the Browns??

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NicelyNice posted:

Are you saying people pay money to post about the Browns??

When you think about it, everyone here paid money to post about the Browns.

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

Bigass Moth posted:

He missed basically three years in his prime and may never play again but he was still worth the second round pick. He was unbelievably good even with the trash at QB getting him the ball for those brief moments of non-suspension.

yall have some seriously lowered expectations for draft picks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Pretty impressive what his college staff was able to get out of him.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://twitter.com/CLEpolice/status/781905537365606400

Well, that's that, I guess.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

good, and i hope someone gets poo poo all over for spreading that rumor.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ice cold horchata posted:

good, and i hope someone gets poo poo all over for spreading that rumor.

Lane Adkins, from the Orange & Brown report (theOBR).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Weed isn't that big a deal but if you can't stop smoking it for like a few years so you can make a bunch of millions of dollars and then retire to get high 24/7 I don't know what to tell you

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Good.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Also, there is now this...

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/781907849450520576

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Weed isn't that big a deal but if you can't stop smoking it for like a few years so you can make a bunch of millions of dollars and then retire to get high 24/7 I don't know what to tell you

maybe he has social anxiety and this allows him to function normally in society? maybe he uses it for pain management because he has a real problem with opiates?

maybe that's a stupid line of reasoning that keeps allowing the NFL to ban players for using weed while continuing to pump them full of toradol and telling them that everything is "pain management" here have some benzos?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I think it's kind of dumb because the way you get into the NFL's drug program means that if you hosed up in college when you're just a stupid kid you can end up getting tested two dozen times a year when every other player is free to get high as balls because they're told about the 1 piss test a year they have to pass in advance.

Also failing at the combine drug test, which I mean it's dumb to smoke then, but it's also the most stressful moment in these guy's lives and if you've been self medicating, well guess what's a fantastic way to handle stress?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I feel like a lot of people simply just don't understand the core concept of addiction.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

swickles posted:

I feel like a lot of people simply just don't understand the core concept of addiction.

Goons

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

People have trouble understanding things that aren't logical and that they can't personally relate to. Hell, I can't say I understand it either despite having lived around it my whole life.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I put myself into rehab and I checked myself out when it turned out that a bunch of guys in there were alt-right assholes who just liked to bring up their social media shitposting in group.

what

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

swickles posted:

I hope Josh learns it in rehab.

Get well soon buddy.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

this out of football misery just spared josh gordon much football misery so im glad for him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope Gordon ends up on the Patriots somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Intruder posted:

I hope Gordon ends up on the Patriots somehow

The last thing we need is more bullshit Patriots success, I hope he leaves football and opens up a dispensary in colorado

• Locked thread