Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Haier posted:

I thought goons liked floor pizza?
I've had this happen (not a pizza though). I get so angry. I can't eat it, but it's on the floor looking back at me and laughing at the 30-60 minutes I just spent making a meal.

If it fell in the living room or the side of my bed I'd probably be more inclined to trust it. It fell right by the trash can, and even I have my limits on what kind of trash I'll eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cup holder full of dimes
Oct 1, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
i once inserted a mint flavored toothpick in to my peehole

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

RustyShackleford posted:

i once inserted a mint flavored toothpick in to my peehole

once?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I got c. diff. after taking antibiotics :saddowns:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
probably getting addicted to heroin 2007-2012 and ruining dozens of relationships as a result

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

When I was in middle school, I had a crush on a seemingly nice boy. He was somewhat good-looking, and quite a nerd, but I really thought we had a good connection. Anyway, he heard about my crush, and right before the big dance, he came up to me at lunch, at our table, with all of my friends there, and told me that there was no way he would ever take me to the dance, because I was a freak. Prior to that, I had actually done OK in middle school. Anyway, I found out about 10 years later that he was gay. He also tried to send me a message on Facebook like two years ago, but I never read it. I always kind of wonder how things would've been different if he had even just said nothing instead of humiliating me. Maybe I would be more conscientious when I tell men to go gently caress themselves.

Maybe you should shouldn't hold a grudge against all men because of some boy in middle school, also if that's the worst thing that's happened to you then I am jealous because that's a pretty good life.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Had to go to the DMV without a scheduled appointment.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yo, are we still forbidden from telling this guy to kill himself when he reregs?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
not this again!!

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
not THIS!!!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Specter posted:

Had to go to the DMV without a scheduled appointment.

14 hours you'll never get back

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

My mom died. We should get our parents together.

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

Archer666 posted:

My mom died. We should get our parents together.

PM me.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Saturday is my only loving day off between school and work which is a luxury, except my neighbour never fails to use his tablesaw all day every loving weekend. Even if it's raining.

I just wanted to open the windows for some fresh air man.

naem
May 29, 2011

I was laid off from a job unexpectedly and my then live in girlfriend dumped me

Either one alone would have been fine, like pay rent with unemployment and go on interviews; OR find a new apt and start a new social life.

Both at once coming out of the blue was pretty rough won't lie.

naem fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 1, 2016

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
When on my 30th birthday I was getting chemotherapy to try and stop an auto-immune disease that was eating my nervous system. I went from healthy and strong to a wheelchair in under six months, for no reason the best neurologists in the country could understand. That really sucked. It was obviously life-changing.

That being said, I love seeing obesity and drug addiction referred to as "diseases." I wish all diseases were voluntary, because no way would I have volunteered for the disease I had.

Missus Dill
May 8, 2007

I grew up poor. Poor decision making on my part!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
im poor.

its terrible.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

GORDON posted:

When on my 30th birthday I was getting chemotherapy to try and stop an auto-immune disease that was eating my nervous system. I went from healthy and strong to a wheelchair in under six months, for no reason the best neurologists in the country could understand. That really sucked. It was obviously life-changing.

That being said, I love seeing obesity and drug addiction referred to as "diseases." I wish all diseases were voluntary, because no way would I have volunteered for the disease I had.

lol addiction is a disease, gently caress you

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
realposts

dot com bust took my collegefund
dropped out and got a job, worked my way up
real estate bust took that job

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mg4 posted:

lol 10 day old account.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

GORDON posted:

lol 10 day old account.

Lol

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Kuato posted:

Another time, back in college, I bought a Tombstone pizza, and then as I was taking it out of the oven it fell on the floor, completely ruining both the pizza and my grand dinner plans.

That's only a bad thing if it hits the floor upside down. Otherwise, the 5 second rule applies.

naem
May 29, 2011

dookifex_maximus posted:

realposts

dot com bust took my collegefund
dropped out and got a job, worked my way up
real estate bust took that job

:stare:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Nothing ever 'happened' to me, but every day I wake up and I'm still me and it's like "drat, loving owned again".

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Missus Dill posted:

I grew up poor. Poor decision making on my part!

:yikes:

Whoa! Thought the $10 paywall was supposed to keep your kind out of here! :colbert: Mods???

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Physically, it was getting a ripping dose of nororvirus. Jesus loving Christ, that was a nightmare. I really hoped I could die from it just so it would stop. I puked, poo poo and fainted for a couple of days steady. I remember trying to get up from the bathroom floor and being unable to stand, it was too difficult. I felt like such poo poo. The thought of dying was comforting because it meant the horrible feeling of being that sick would end, but in death, I could also taking the loving disease with me. Suck my rear end, highly contagious virii.

Otherwise, it was seeing the corpse of a good friend who had been dead for several days.

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010
My childhood was hosed up from family mental illness and one time I went to jail. Also I went to art school.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
My best friend was shot in the head right next to me at a party. I didn't see it, though, I had my back turned. I don't know if that bit is good or bad.

Mr. F! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rCWnxx545I

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 2, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

April 9th, 2009 I found my brother dead in my spare bath. We had both just divorced and he moved in with me. Growing up we weren't always the closest, but were very close from the time he was 13 or so onward. My girlfriend and I were getting ready to leave when UPS showed up with a part for one of his motorcycles, so I knocked on the bathroom door to tell him. He had music cranked up on his laptop and he responded. We left for a couple hours and when we came back, the bath water was still going and I couldn't get a response so I forced the door open and found him face down and cold with a shipment of 3 balloons of heroin he had gotten in the mail. He had been clean for quite a while and was doing well at his job but relapsed and there was a bunch of bad stuff coming in on the west coast at that time (according to news around the time of of his death) and his stuff had come from Portland from a fake music store and the balloons were inside a CD case.

When the ambulance and police showed up, the detective acted like I was insane when I told them he had gotten it through the mail and he had ordered research chemicals (2ci, 2cb) and various drugs online for a few years by converting money into bullion, etc. and that I'd seen one of the stores he bought from and it was set up like any other online store but for drugs. He acted like I was telling him about an alien abduction.

He was was also a goon and used to lurk GBS and post in TCC.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 2, 2016

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

GORDON posted:

lmao its like you think people raised their hand when somebody asked if they wanted to destroy their minds/bodies and alienate their loved ones on a slow fall into a sudden and lonely death

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jellidelic posted:

lmao its like you think people raised their hand when somebody asked if they wanted to destroy their minds/bodies and alienate their loved ones on a slow fall into a sudden and lonely death

lmao yeah it's like I think that.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

The Dregs posted:

My best friend was shot in the head right next to me at a party. I didn't see it, though, I had my back turned. I don't know if that bit is good or bad.

lol sick

I had a huge pimple on my dick once, right on the shaft, like the whitehead was probably a quarter inch in diameter I was worried

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

thathonkey posted:

probably getting addicted to heroin 2007-2012 and ruining dozens of relationships as a result

The avatar may be gone... but it's still good ol' Chris Moltisanti in there huh

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

GORDON posted:

Yeah realtalk the reason so many people think addiction is "voluntary" is bc of one of the biggest misconceptions in human history: the belief that free will exists. We are all controlled by physics, the idea that we make decisions of our own accord is an illusion

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Izzhov posted:

Yeah realtalk the reason so many people think addiction is "voluntary" is bc of one of the biggest misconceptions in human history: the belief that free will exists. We are all controlled by physics, the idea that we make decisions of our own accord is an illusion

Lol k thanks Morpheus

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Consider this: there has never, in all of recorded history, been an instance where an Alzheimer's patient who copped to having a memory problem. Literally every one, when you point out that you just told them something they forgot, either evade, don't respond, or angrily shrug it off.

It's almost like humans are nothing more than biological OS's who all respond basically the same way to the same stimuli

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Ill Peripheral posted:

Lol k thanks Morpheus

It's not even like a "they pulled the wool over your eyes!!" conspiracy thing or whatever, it's just a simple fact that a model of the world that treats free will as nonexistent is more accurate than a model that doesn't

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Izzhov posted:

It's almost like humans are nothing more than biological OS's who all respond basically the same way to the same stimuli

consider this I once saw a gif like 16 yrs ago of this woman walking in high heels on this guy's dick and balls and I'm pretty sure my OS would respond differently to that input than that guy's ufm?

E: spelling I'm phone posting on a swype keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Anyways the worst thing that happened to me is probably that time I was curled up on the floor sobbing while my mom kicked the poo poo out of me

• Locked thread